Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Just looking for something that would be ideal for snow and ice when that season comes. Also like I said I want it to be a slimmer profile as oppose to thicker.

some stuff that I've found since I'm looking for the slimmer styled boots as well, not a ton of options

red wing has some like the beckman, merchant, and flatbox stuff.

thursday boots (i'm probably gonna get a pair of these)

wolverine 1000 miles

beckett simonon (im not sure about their quality on boots tho)

allen edmonds higgins mill

jcrew kenton

I'm not sure how well these would do in rain/snow/ice cause I think they're more "casual" style boots.

No boots will be "great" in ice, but you usually want something with a more rugged sole (like Red Wing Beckman). Goodyear welted boots with good leather will be relatively snowproof.

I've mentioned it before, but I have the Allen Edmonds Higgins Mills and they are great boots. Comfortable out of the box, soft chromexcel leather, sleek profile / slimmer toe. Dainite sole is decent in my experience, but some think its kind of slippery.

Speaking of jeans
Screenshot_20180918-185243.png

Looking to seriously shed the amount of denim I have in the closet (from a slew of brands) to 4-6 decent pairs. The 2 brands that work best for me are APC & Big John.

Never set foot in AE :lol:

Wear them. Unless they're stiff to the point you can't move, breaking them in is your best bet. They'll mold to your physique better.

Last edited:
Got a pair of free raw selvedge jeans but they are stiff. How can I soften them?
as max powers max powers said, you have to wear them to soften them up. it sounds annoying but you can start small by wearing them indoors or to run errands if you think wearing them all day is going to be a lot, and then progressively wear them more.
you can also get some of the starch out by soaking them in cold water for a bit, but you risk some shrinkage if they already fit well. if you choose to do this, make sure you hang dry (preferably under the sun), but put them on for about 5 min before they're fully dry so they can start conforming to your body.

congrats on the new denim!

Or just wash them if you don’t care about wearing them for months and getting unique fades. I’ve had gap and rrl pairs for years and they’ve barely faded so I just started washing them.

je has nice washes but $200-400 for one pair is a no go for me.

I’ll stick with levi’s and jcrew for now. Gotta see how uniqlo jeans are.

Any recommendations on sites for good dress clothing ? , nice shirts/pants/shoes/ etc.. ? Any help would be much appreciated

My boy been telling me about the AE denim. I’ll have to check them out. As a big dude I usually just cop some Levi’s and have them tailored

Speaking of jeans
Screenshot_20180918-185243.png

Looking to seriously shed the amount of denim I have in the closet (from a slew of brands) to 4-6 decent pairs. The 2 brands that work best for me are APC & Big John.

Never set foot in AE :lol:

I've seen Petite Standards in Raw Indigo and Black at Nordstrom Racks these past couple times I've gone and it's a bit lower than that

Any recommendations on sites for good dress clothing ? , nice shirts/pants/shoes/ etc.. ? Any help would be much appreciated

For business casual type clothing? Depends on your body style and how slim you want, but some places are Banana Republic, GAP, J Crew, and shirts from Charles Tyrwhit

lol, I remember the fever.
Rarely wear my raw jeans anymore, hot as an oven and stiff, have me walking like a penguin.

:lol: Looking back on that phase is funny but it definitely did have a big impact on me. Still have a pair of APCs I wear from time to time but besides that, I’m good.

Pretty awesome shoe shine video.

Does anyone in this thread actually wear their dress shoes this shiny?

Back
Top Bottom