Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Guys need sizing help, i found a TOJ with the following measurements on grailed 

US M / EU 48-50 / 2

Measurements: (see photos too) 
shoulder: 17in 
chest: 20in 
length: 25in 
sleeves: ~25.5in

Here are measurements given to me from a tailored blazer fitting

Chest 38.5

Waist 33

Hips 40.50

Sleeve length 32.375

Here are measurements given to me from a tailored shirt fitting 

Chest  F 42

Waist  F 36

hip      F41

Shoulder 18

sleeve length 24.25

length    30.5

Bicep     12.5

My bad for not knowing what all these sizes mean, if anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

@rodrigofresh --

Interesting. Why is the Chest for your Blazer fitting (38.5") smaller than your Shirt fitting (42")? Also, what is your shoulder measurement for your Blazer fitting?

Either way, I think the TOJ jacket would be too tight and the sleeves would be a bit long.

Last edited:
@rodrigofresh
--

Interesting. Why is the Chest for your Blazer fitting (38.5") smaller than your Shirt fitting (42")? Also, what is your shoulder measurement for your Blazer fitting?

Either way, I think the TOJ jacket would be too tight and the sleeves would be a bit long.

I'm not sure what the F in front of the numbers mean, I have had custom shirts ordered from mytailor before and they fit fine. I typically wear a size small at j crew or h and m

@rodrigofresh
--

I'm not sure what the F in front of the numbers mean, I have had custom shirts ordered from mytailor before and they fit fine. I typically wear a size small at j crew or h and m
The F probably means full all the way around (F 38.5" chest = 19.25" on one side). Regardless, everyone should know their ideal shirt/jacket/pants measurements.

Get your best fitting shirt/jacket and measure the following:

Armpit-to-armpit (chest)

Shoulder-to-shoulder

Sleeve length (top shoulder to cuff) + From center back to cuff

Sleeve width

Front length

Back length

Waist (6" down from armpit)

Get your best fitting pants, button up the waist, and measure the following:

Waist

Thigh (from crotch across) + Thigh (2" below crotch across)

Knee (usually measured 15" down from the crotch)

Front rise

Back rise

Leg opening/hem

Inseam (from crotch down to hem)

You should know automatically: if shoulders on a shirt/jacket are too tight, avoid.

Use this as a reference -- https://www.weargustin.com/fitguide

Last edited:
Here's stone maybe a day into me wearing. The thigh has gotten looser and a tad at the calf but still keeps the same stack.
these are too skinny. knee down looks ok...but the thigh is terrible.

you can't even put anything in your pockets lmao

since the jeans are so cheap you were better off getting the slim fit and getting them tapered

Last edited:
these are too skinny. knee down looks ok...but the thigh is terrible.
you can't even put anything in your pockets lmao

since the jeans are so cheap you were better off getting the slim fit and getting them tapered

This. I may go the slim route and taper because I got dem leg gainz.

Last edited:
Already mentioned that that is the initial fit and they have since stretched. Fit is on preference fellas.

How many times we gotta go over this :lol:

Fellas, where can I purchase a quality tuxedo for my wedding? Want to stay around $500-1000. Looking to get a black peak lapel. If peak lapel is not a good option let me know too.

Got till May so I have time but going in store and trying it on will likely be a hurdle because Charlotte is the closest city at 1.5 hours away and I'm sure they won't have a lot of brick and mortar options, and Atlanta is like 3.5 hours away. Reps will be given

Fellas, where can I purchase a quality tuxedo for my wedding? Want to stay around $500-1000. Looking to get a black peak lapel. If peak lapel is not a good option let me know too.

Got till May so I have time but going in store and trying it on will likely be a hurdle because Charlotte is the closest city at 1.5 hours away and I'm sure they won't have a lot of brick and mortar options, and Atlanta is like 3.5 hours away. Reps will be given

Suit Supply. If you aren't 100% sure on sizing, order 2-3 sizes from them and return the ones that don't fit.

Suit Supply. If you aren't 100% sure on sizing, order 2-3 sizes from them and return the ones that don't fit.

Preesh. Are their shoes any good? I see the full tuxedo package they have including shoes bow tie and shirt but if they're not I'll just cop the tux and grab shoes and everything else elsewhere

Already mentioned that that is the initial fit and they have since stretched. Fit is on preference fellas.

How many times we gotta go over this :lol:

Got any pics of them stretched to see a comparison? Can't figure out which fit I should pick up.

Preesh. Are their shoes any good? I see the full tuxedo package they have including shoes bow tie and shirt but if they're not I'll just cop the tux and grab shoes and everything else elsewhere

I wouldn't know enough about their shoes quality. If they are patent leather though, I would pass on them as to me, that's a waste of money for a pair of shoes you won't get much wear after. I would get a pair of captors or whole cuts from elsewhere (Meermin comes to mind). I can recommend their shirts for sure though.

I wouldn't know enough about their shoes quality. If they are patent leather though, I would pass on them as to me, that's a waste of money for a pair of shoes you won't get much wear after. I would get a pair of captors or whole cuts from elsewhere (Meermin comes to mind). I can recommend their shirts for sure though.

Bet. Repped

Just caught a steal early this morning on some slim-fit navy chinos from Banana Republic. Been eyeing these tan oxford's from Cole Haan to set the fit in motion for an up coming outing.

Back
Top Bottom