Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Just came into some money.  Looking to get a nice "Bespoke" suit. Literally no where in my area, but I've read some good reviews about Indochino. I'm going to get a jacket taken in, I'll get my measurements there, but How long does it take? Iis it a good quality suit? I'm going Navy, as I can only have $500 to spend.

Last edited:
Just came into some money.  Looking to get a nice "Bespoke" suit. Literally no where in my area, but I've read some good reviews about Indochino. I'm going to get a jacket taken in, I'll get my measurements there, but How long does it take? Iis it a good quality suit? I'm going Navy, as I can only have $500 to spend.
Indochino is made to measure service, not to be confused with a bespoken garment (which cost a few grand). Indo puts their products out in a month. Quality is fairly good. I personally do not own any of their suits but from when I've handled them it seems alright for the price. As long as your measurements aren't too off you can get $75 in alterations that they cover or remake the suit altogether if it exceeds that. You would have to wait another month if you get a remake.

Btw, thank me later, but here's a 20% off code for Indo that expires tomorrow night. Get crackin on those measurements pleighboi
FBCPN20

I put bespoke in quotes. I know the difference.

Damn, I'm not going to be able to get my measurements until next month. If you have any more codes...let me know!

If you've handled them, how do they feel? I'm looking for a multi purpose suit, From the courthouse to happy hour type suit, December, September, April and June. I can either buy three Joseph Abbotts at my local JC penny or one servicably nice suit from Indochino, I'm hoping I this Indochino will be a good buy until I can get a a proper suit.

Also, I have another Jacket that I'm going to take to get tailored up a little. It's a navy blue Uniqlo number, I like it, but it's a little ill fitting...most importantly I'm thinking of getting the buttons made functional, is it worth it? It's so hard to find a jacket with functional buttons.

Last edited:
If you are talking about weight and overall appeal, their essential navy/blue is nice. Especially on sale. I find those codes at random, PM me when you have your measurements in order.

Don't eem mention abboud in this thread again man :lol: Canvass flourish on deez ****

You can't make them functional. A lot more construction goes into the sleeves to do this. You won't have enough fabric to start.

At the end of the day, it's also just uniqlo

See, it's a lightweight summer blazer. I might just give it to my little brother, he's a smaller chest than me and it's already big in the chest so it'll amuse me. Do you think the Jacket from a Indochino suit would work as a blazer? I mean, I "know" the difference, but for comfort would that suit jacket be workable as a blazer?  I'm generally poor, have some solid shirts (mostly Uniqlo, I really like the fit) but, for work I need at least one nice suit, trying to have another blazer I can pair with various khakis. So, would a Indochino suit jacket be workable as a navy blazer?

Thanks for the help man.

Last edited:
Yeah, just keep it rather simple and it can easily double as a blazer. While a true blazer should have patch pockets, no one will bat an eye if you wear that jacket with odd trousers or jeans/chinos. Just make sure the detailing is simple. If you do not add a ticket pocket and keep the lapels notched, you'll be fine.

See, it's a lightweight summer blazer. I might just give it to my little brother, he's a smaller chest than me and it's already big in the chest so it'll amuse me. Do you think the Jacket from a Indochino suit would work as a blazer? I mean, I "know" the difference, but for comfort would that suit jacket be workable as a blazer?  I'm generally poor, have some solid shirts (mostly Uniqlo, I really like the fit) but, for work I need at least one nice suit, trying to have another blazer I can pair with various khakis. So, would a Indochino suit jacket be workable as a navy blazer?

Thanks for the help man.
yes i use my essential navy suit top as a casual blazer all the time

Hello everyone,

I'm Bilbo real name tony. I work in dc at international organization that lends money to developing countries. I also happen to like sneakers and more recently got into dressing better a bit more seriously. I also like sports and wit. I also like to get along with most people I meet and have few to zero enemies that I know of (except antidope, because he doesn't like ketchup...other than that he seems like a good dude).

That's a little about me. Now sometimes I try to be to witty and it doesn't go over well. Rarely do I get personal, I don't think it's ever a good idea to get personal. With that being said, I made a few comments stating 'where is ________ to make sense if this', I used two posters names in several different instances. Now it has come to my attention that some found those comments to be somewhat insulting or offensive. For that I apologize, I did not mean to mock or insult the affected parties (posters in this thread and more importantly sarteaga).

I won't elaborate on what I was trying to achieve by the comment, but I will say that my comments where not intended to be recieved as a slight or insult to sarteaga or his blog (I pretty much enjoy his posts and most of all the rest of you alls posts).

With that being said I apologize to anyone who was offended.

Last edited:
The decision has been made. The Uniqlo blazer to the little bro, Indochino to myself. Thanks fellas. Ill post pics when it all happens. I might just take this jacket in on Monday and get fitted.

Copped these Cole Haan Penny Loafs from the Nordstrom Anni Sale. $110 wasn't bad.

I put bespoke in quotes. I know the difference.

Damn, I'm not going to be able to get my measurements until next month. If you have any more codes...let me know!

If you've handled them, how do they feel? I'm looking for a multi purpose suit, From the courthouse to happy hour type suit, December, September, April and June. I can either buy three Joseph Abbotts at my local JC penny or one servicably nice suit from Indochino, I'm hoping I this Indochino will be a good buy until I can get a a proper suit.

Also, I have another Jacket that I'm going to take to get tailored up a little. It's a navy blue Uniqlo number, I like it, but it's a little ill fitting...most importantly I'm thinking of getting the buttons made functional, is it worth it? It's so hard to find a jacket with functional buttons.

As Adrian mentioned, Indochino suits are fairly good quality for the price. I have 3 myself, two of them being from their essential line; Essential Navy and Essential Prince of Wales; which just came in last week. Indochino's suits are half canvassed and for the price; especially at 20% off, they are worth it. The fabric is soft to the touch and the navy one I've had for about 2 years and it's still going strong.

Worn my jacket as a blazer quite a few times with other trousers and denim.

Hello everyone,

I'm Bilbo real name tony. I work in dc at international organization that lends money to developing countries. I also happen to like sneakers and more recently got into dressing better a bit more seriously. I also like sports and wit. I also like to get along with most people I meet and have few to zero enemies that I know of (except antidope, because he doesn't like ketchup...other than that he seems like a good dude).

That's a little about me. Now sometimes I try to be to witty and it doesn't go over well. Rarely do I get personal, I don't think it's ever a good idea to get personal. With that being said, I made a few comments stating 'where is ________ to make sense if this', I used two posters names in several different instances. Now it has come to my attention that some found those comments to be somewhat insulting or offensive. For that I apologize, I did not mean to mock or insult the affected parties (posters in this thread and more importantly sarteaga).

I won't elaborate on what I was trying to achieve by the comment, but I will say that my comments where not intended to be recieved as a slight or insult to sarteaga or his blog (I pretty much enjoy his posts and most of all the rest of you alls posts).

With that being said I apologize to anyone who was offended.

No problem man, and I appreciate you clearing this here and through PM.

Last edited:
Anyone know who manufactures these joints? I used to know but I can't remember. I'm looking to cop.

Those are by Scarpe di Bianco.

They have a few RTW models but I do not believe the spectator is one of them. Going bespoke/MTO to get those made will cost you a pretty penny.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom