Dressing Better Vol 2.0

A barber not using clippers is kinda rare nowadays. Only time I got a strictly scissor haircut was when I was in Asia. He cut the sides and back with just a scissor and a comb. Maybe you should hit up a salon.

Since barber is talked about, I'm seeing quite a few old school ones popping up. I guess to go with the dapper scene. There's one at the mall called something like a buzz cut and it's a barbershop and beer place. $20 gets you a beer and a cut. Cool concept. Hopefully the barbers ain't drunk.

^
Better price than those fancy old style shops like blind barber that charge like $40-50 for a haircut.

^
Better price than those fancy old style shops like blind barber that charge like $40-50 for a haircut.
That's absurd. The same lady's been cutting my hair since middle school. Back in high school when I had my hair cut weekly to keep it low, I was already dying at $12 per cut. Now I get my hair cut twice a month. I give her $20 each time, it's like $16, but I always give a $20 bill. Can't fathom $40-50 for a cut personally. I see them all the time in West LA though....top firms with huge billboards and all. They gotta make that back somehow :lol:

$20 for a beer and cut is cheap as hell.
I pay $20 just for a haircut alone ($15 + $5 tip)
Being in nyc, beer prices in bars can run pretty high depending on the place

Can't stand those new "dapper" barber shops that sell an experience and charge 40 bucks for a fade. Everyone comes out with the same pompadour haircut anyways.

I've been buzzing my own hair every 1-2 weeks for the past 15 years or so.

I've heard that exact sentiment from multiple barber shops. It's usually only the "old school" barbers that know what I'm looking for. It's been a very long time since I rocked a fade. I checked out a shop last month, and the son of the owner took a jab at me for avoiding clippers. He rolled his eyes and told me to "go to a beauty salon for that ish." His pops checked him as soon as he said it, and explained just how skilled a person needs to be to use a straight razor to cut hair.

Can't stand those new "dapper" barber shops that sell an experience and charge 40 bucks for a fade. Everyone comes out with the same pompadour haircut anyways.

I don't know what makes them think they can charge 2 to 3 times more than an average barbershop just because they are more hip. They market themselves as old school authentic but barbers back in the day didn't hike up their prices like crazy.

Definitely don't agree with over charging for the same service. A scissor/straight razor/clippers cut should all be priced accordingly.

I don't know what makes them think they can charge 2 to 3 times more than an average barbershop just because they are more hip. They market themselves as old school authentic but barbers back in the day didn't hike up their prices like crazy.

There is a difference between a barber and a hair stylist...I have both now, see my barber for the past 9 years, the last 2 strictly for lineups and my beard every 2 weeks and I see my stylist every 6 weeks

That's absurd. The same lady's been cutting my hair since middle school. Back in high school when I had my hair cut weekly to keep it low, I was already dying at $12 per cut. Now I get my hair cut twice a month. I give her $20 each time, it's like $16, but I always give a $20 bill. Can't fathom $40-50 for a cut personally. I see them all the time in West LA though....top firms with huge billboards and all. They gotta make that back somehow :lol:

I've never understood how any guy can pay more $20-25 for a haircut. I've gotten lucky with finding a barber in NY since I moved out here, granted it took a while but this is my barber from here on out. I pay $20 with tip ($15+$5 tip).

I had a roommate in college who would pay up to $80 for a haircut at some salon in the Glendale Galleria. Friends and I were like :x especially when the stylist would take of less than an inch from his hair and wouldn't look any different. The salon that my wife goes to they charge $50-60 for men's cuts...wifey had an appointment last week and ran late so I missed my barber appointment, she was like "why not get it here?" Me: "because I have some sense and I'm not paying $50 for a haircut." 50 year old dudes go there simply to get the attention from the 20 something female stylists.

I've never understood how any guy can pay more $20-25 for a haircut. I've gotten lucky with finding a barber in NY since I moved out here, granted it took a while but this is my barber from here on out. I pay $20 with tip ($15+$5 tip).

I had a roommate in college who would pay up to $80 for a haircut at some salon in the Glendale Galleria. Friends and I were like :x especially when the stylist would take of less than an inch from his hair and wouldn't look any different. The salon that my wife goes to they charge $50-60 for men's cuts...wifey had an appointment last week and ran late so I missed my barber appointment, she was like "why not get it here?" Me: "because I have some sense and I'm not paying $50 for a haircut." 50 year old dudes go there simply to get the attention from the 20 something female stylists.

Bro you have no hair to actually style tho...lol

If someone is strictly cutting your hair with scissors you will pay more because it takes more skill than to give you a fade or tapeup. I pay 40$ for my cut + 10$ tip

Don't know why that's so hard to comprehend...lol

Hood barbershop off Bankhead. $13 for a Ceasar with tapered back And sides. I tip him $7. Just because I paid other barbers $18+2 before I met him. Have been going here for 6 months now. Get more compliments than I have ever received.

If someone is strictly cutting your hair with scissors you will pay more because it takes more skill than to give you a fade or tapeup. I pay 40$ for my cut + 10$ tip

Don't know why that's so hard to comprehend...lol

Oooh stylin' on em!

I had a roommate in college who would pay up to $80 for a haircut at some salon in the Glendale Galleria. Friends and I were like
sick.gif
especially when the stylist would take of less than an inch from his hair and wouldn't look any different. The salon that my wife goes to they charge $50-60 for men's cuts...wifey had an appointment last week and ran late so I missed my barber appointment, she was like "why not get it here?" Me: "because I have some sense and I'm not paying $50 for a haircut." 50 year old dudes go there simply to get the attention from the 20 something female stylists.
laugh.gif

There is a difference between a barber and a hair stylist...I have both now, see my barber for the past 9 years, the last 2 strictly for lineups and my beard every 2 weeks and I see my stylist every 6 weeks

The shops we're talking about have barbers though. Those trendy barbershops. We know salons charge more and cut differently. I know a guy who is a hairstylist and he said his boss has cut guys' hair and charged $250 for it.

Back
Top Bottom