Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Jos.A Bank has some good deals right now in the clearance section online if you are a common suit size. I just ordered a Joseph vested suit for $90. I'm thinking about ordering a Signature suit for $90 as well

Jos.A Bank has some good deals right now in the clearance section online if you are a common suit size. I just ordered a Joseph vested suit for $90. I'm thinking about ordering a Signature suit for $90 as well
Quality and fit are poor though.

Quality and fit are poor though.

I like traditional fit suits and for $90 to wear to work I don't mind. I'll keep y'all updated on if I like it.

I wear suits every day for work so spending $400+ on a suit isn't practical.

Last edited:
I would be inclined to buy better quality stuff if I were to use it more often rather than cheap clothes that will need to be replaced frequently

I would be inclined to buy better quality stuff if I were to use it more often rather than cheap clothes that will need to be replaced frequently

So on quality, if I went to a place like Suit Supply, the suit would last me much longer? Like how many years do you guys get out of your suits?

So on quality, if I went to a place like Suit Supply, the suit would last me much longer? Like how many years do you guys get out of your suits?
Your $90 suit will not literally fall apart. It's the hands and finishing that TypeR referred to. Sorta like comparing Adidas Stan Smith to some Lanvins or CPs.

If you take care of your suits, they should last many years before something like fabric wearing out near the crotch area happens on the pants.

I like traditional fit suits and for $90 to wear to work I don't mind. I'll keep y'all updated on if I like it.

I wear suits every day for work so spending $400+ on a suit isn't practical.
As long as you're happy.

$400 is still pretty low for a nice suit though since most mediocre brands are $500-900. Of course this is in relative to your pay grade and how much you care about the suits themselves. If you just need to wear suits rather than want to wear them, I completely understand by going with this route.

saw short bizarro Adrian at work yesterday with da walnut shoes and walnut belt.. i need to take a pic one of these days :lol:

had to attend a funeral the other day and was pissed i hadn't gotten my black suit pants tailored yet. i had been taking a lot of my pants to the tailor lately and almost took the black ones but im like i NEVER rock black anymore. :smh: felt like iverson

Last edited:
Can anyone on here speak on hair products? I know this is a dressing better thread, but I figured i'd give this a try.

I'm going for the "hair part" look and my barber recommended I use wax to style my hair. I have thin and flat hair, so I need something that will give me volume. I also don't want that super shiny look.

Someone told me to look into Pomade.

Sounds like you have Asian hair (like me), so go with Asian hair products. I'm not into that parted hair look, so I can't help you with a specific product, but I'm sure this brand makes something that can help you. My barber put me onto this a few years back and it's the only one I use

Gatsby Moving Rubber

Alot better and cheaper than American Crew Fiber and completely matte after it dries. I use the pink one from this chart. Go to Amazon and look for the one that fits your hairstyle; if it doesn't work, it's only $7-8 anyway. One of the highest rated hair products on Amazon.

Last edited:
Wax is crap if you want any hold. Maybe look for a matte pomade since you don't want that shine. I used american crew pomade but it was really shiny and made my hair feel greasy. I'm going to try out gel again.

I've tried a few different products. To me American crew fiber is clutch. I also add a little bit of hair cream just to give it a little more hold

I recommend Johnny B pomade..it is legit.., and lasts for 24 hrs easy. Ill put it on in the morn and it is fresh all day. My barber has it at his shop, I cant find it at dept stores, but u can order it on the internet.
there's diff types, i rock wit the "Molding paste", it is in the green jar..scent is :smokin

Last edited:
Sounds like you have Asian hair (like me), so go with Asian hair products. I'm not into that parted hair look, so I can't help you with a specific product, but I'm sure this brand makes something that can help you. My barber put me onto this a few years back and it's the only one I use

Gatsby Moving Rubber

Alot better and cheaper than American Crew Fiber and completely matte after it dries. I use the pink one from this chart. Go to Amazon and look for the one that fits your hairstyle; if it doesn't work, it's only $7-8 anyway. One of the highest rated hair products on Amazon.

I don't have Asian hair per se, but it is thin. I'm Indian, but I don't have the thick wavy hair most Indian men hair.

My hair is softer. I was looking online and read about Garnier Surf Hold. It's supposed to give the matte look and not add shine. I've never used hair products before, so, this is a whole new world to me.

+1 for American Crew Fiber. I have very stiff, thick Asian hair that is usually pretty stubborn and this stuff holds really well plus has very low shine.

I also saw on reddit that people are finding this stuff for mad cheap at Marshall's and tj maxx.

I recommend Johnny B pomade..it is legit.., and lasts for 24 hrs easy. Ill put it on in the morn and it is fresh all day. My barber has it at his shop, I cant find it at dept stores, but u can order it on the internet.
there's diff types, i rock wit the "Molding paste", it is in the green jar..scent is :smokin
+1 on the Johnny B hairline products. I use the Mode Styling Gel and I think it is better than American Crew Fiber, for my type of hair. I have soft straight hair and it is easier to style with the Mode Gel than with the Fiber. I get a more natural look and it holds all day.

I don't have Asian hair per se, but it is thin. I'm Indian, but I don't have the thick wavy hair most Indian men hair.

My hair is softer. I was looking online and read about Garnier Surf Hold. It's supposed to give the matte look and not add shine. I've never used hair products before, so, this is a whole new world to me.

It's weak and doesn't really provide a strong hold. You'd need some sort of matte hairspray to keep your hair in place.

Back
Top Bottom