Dressing Better Vol 2.0

For my alma mater's commencement

Nothing tailored, #OffTheRackBoyz

Last edited:

If you are gonna rep OTR, better have a perfect fit man.

Sleeves are too long and pants can likely use a taper.

Side note, unfasten the bottom button of your jacket and make sure a dimple exists when you tie your neck tie.

What the name of the style of this shirt (on kutcher)? been searching double pocket polo, but no success.

http://cdn03.cdn.justjared.com/wp-c...killer-body/ashton-kutcher-killer-body-09.jpg

They are usually called military polos.  The ones I could find in long sleeve are from Burberry.  (which is what he is prob. wearing anyways lol)

15563017a3e65b6ccda0c263e441ec5f702efa9a

Have at it mang.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/tops/p...-short-sleeve-polo-shirt-by-mb-125853.html#09

What the name of the style of this shirt (on kutcher)? been searching double pocket polo, but no success.

http://cdn03.cdn.justjared.com/wp-c...killer-body/ashton-kutcher-killer-body-09.jpg

They are usually called military polos.  The ones I could find in long sleeve are from Burberry.  (which is what he is prob. wearing anyways lol)

15563017a3e65b6ccda0c263e441ec5f702efa9a

Have at it mang.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/tops/p...-short-sleeve-polo-shirt-by-mb-125853.html#09
Thanks both. How's uniqlo sizing? I always wear slim fit/tailored slim fit in everything.

Wonder how many times wj4 wj4 has asked for someone to define a price range :rofl: I mean it's a necessary question but still. Never fails wen someone comes in asking about a first suit :lol:

Last edited:

Looks pretty good overall.  I agree that you should have the sleeves shortened a little. I like my pants slimmer but it's a matter of preference and it's not like yours are terribly baggy or unflattering.  Other than that, I also agree your tie knot is disproportionately big and you should undo your bottom button.

Gonna have to start dressing better since I'm about to start working. The workplace is causal setting, so I don't necessarily have to wear a suit or tie (I will every now and then though). My question is, how many pants, shirts and shoes should I keep in the rotation? And what type of clothing/color? For example should I be shopping for chinos, slacks, etc. and the best brand. How do you guys mix and match your days? I enjoy my rotation in clothing and sneakers, so I would obviously like to translate this into the working world.

The advice would be greatly appreciated.
Will begin backtracking through this thread again as well.

Last edited:
Jack Spade is having a pretty good sale until May 28th.

20% off $150
25% off $250
30% off $350

I just picked up the Tech Oxford Laptop Briefcase for $374..saved $150.

Picked up several cotton v neck sweaters to use as layering pieces at J. Crew at about $20 a pop. Would look nice with neckwear. Can't wait to rock.

Picked up several cotton v neck sweaters to use as layering pieces at J. Crew at about $20 a pop. Would look nice with neckwear. Can't wait to rock.

You're killing me man. About 2 more weeks until the wedding and I've been holding off on buying new things. All these deals this weekend...dammit. :smh:

You're killing me man. About 2 more weeks until the wedding and I've been holding off on buying new things. All these deals this weekend...dammit. :smh:
There was a lot on sale too. This is probably the only missing pieces in my wardrobe. I have cardigans and crew neck sweaters but not v necks.

A lot of ties on sale and pocket squares as well. I had to hold back since I have a lot of those already.

Yeah Wis. Wife and I popped into JCrew yesterday. That additional 40% off was gold. Had to pull the wife out of there.

last weekend J.Crew was 50% off clearance, and practically the website is 30% off regular price items.

Last edited:
Ordered a pair of the jcrew broken in chinos. Nice pants but damn the waist was tight. Have to send them back for a bigger size.

My dude good fit, don't listen to anyone. If you're satisfied with the way you look and are comfortable that's all that matters. The rest of the people in here go by the guidelines set by fashion icons and dress according to them. 

If Lino Leluzzi and the rest of the people in fashions eyes start wearing longer suits and longer pants, everyone will follow suit.

Fashion only progresses when people break rules not keep doing the same thing over and over.

Wear whatever it is and if you think it looks good and wear it with comfort and confidence the look will be amazing,

Back
Top Bottom