Dressing Better Vol 2.0

So I bought shoe trees from men's wearhouse and they're wider than the trees from nordstrom

Don't think I will buy from them anymore. It was a bit of a struggle getting it into the shoes that were more of a narrow last. Would probably be fine on something like Alden's though

:lol: You're about 5" taller than me I think. I hope you're doing well on the firs professional job, Wes!

The varsity jacket is a great deal. I guess the brand is relatively unknown so it's not getting a lot of looks. Would keep if I didn't have 2 varsities I'm using already.

I am usually a small, too big for me?

Wis thanks for the recommendation on Quoddy shoes earlier in the thread. Just got my bluchers in earlier this week. The first couple of days were painful, but damn, they're broken in now and are gonna be my go-to summer shoe for when I can't wear sneakers. So comfortable, really good leather quality, and most importantly, they don't squeak like Sperry shoes do :x

Last edited:
Wis thanks for the recommendation on Quoddy shoes earlier in the thread. Just got my bluchers in earlier this week. The first couple of days were painful, but damn, they're broken in now and are gonna be my go-to summer shoe for when I can't wear sneakers. So comfortable, really good leather quality, and most importantly, they don't squeak like Sperry shoes do :x
No worries, man. What model did you get? I only have 2 pairs. 1 pair from 3 summers ago, and the other from 2 summers ago. Those and the Rainbow sandals are all I wear in the summer now.

Like you stated, the first couple of times may result in some blisters and cuts because the leather is still stiff, but they quickly mold to your feet and become super comfy. The leather is a lot better than Sperry's too. I had a pair of Sperry's and those felt like Nike Dunk leather.

Even assuming you wear the heck out of your Quoddy's, and need to resole them yearly, you can still get 4-5 resoles, and they are pretty inexpensive to do so. I want to say about $30-50 per job, but don't quote me on that since I haven't had mine done yet.

Just make sure you keep the leather supple but cleaning/conditioning once or twice a year. I only wear them in the summer time so I usually do this around spring to get them ready.

Hey guys do you know what sites I can cop some Pigalles?

Also how is their sizing compared BBC, Ice Cream, Stussy (or similar american brands to those three)?

Wore my linen DB from SS today

Last edited:
Mens Wearhouse insisted these pants were the right length. Feel/look too long to me. What do you guys think? Excuse the shoes, although they are lows.

Last edited:
1. Wear proper shoes because sneakers are bulky and will cause extra breaking.

2. They probably gave you an inch of break which is the norm for older gents. Traditional tailors do this.

Barneys warehouse is having a decent sale. A couple of folks were inquiring about the Epaulet digicamo I have. I believe this is the same fabric. I'm tempted on getting another pair since it's so cheap to stock up.

http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/on/...e/default/xProduct-Show?pid=502327604&start=2

1. Wear proper shoes because sneakers are bulky and will cause extra breaking.

2. They probably gave you an inch of break which is the norm for older gents. Traditional tailors do this.

Barneys warehouse is having a decent sale. A couple of folks were inquiring about the Epaulet digicamo I have. I believe this is the same fabric. I'm tempted on getting another pair since it's so cheap to stock up.

http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/on/...e/default/xProduct-Show?pid=502327604&start=2

I see. It's normal for the older folks. For you, I suggest taking off your shoes and roll the pants up until it's just barely hovering off the floor while barefooted. That should allow for minimum break. If you want shorter than that, fold up until pants just cut off your ankle bones.

Once you find a length you like, tape or pin it and have a tailor sew for you. Shouldn't be more than $10 for a hem job.

At this point I'm guessing you're stepping on the pants while barefooted since there's quite a bit of break.

Last edited:
I recall seeing a few posts saying that they were looking for shoe trees in here.

Nordstrom rack is having a Father's Day discount and the shoe trees come out to roughly $10 and change after tax.

Dressing better brothers,

I got an internship with the local district attorney. I have to wear a suit everyday. Point me in the direction on where to cop some fairly cheap/affordable suits.

Reps will be given.

I got an internship with the local district attorney. I have to wear a suit everyday. Point me in the direction on where to cop some fairly cheap/affordable suits.

Reps will be given.
cheap/affordable suits:

banana republic

express

jcrew (when on sale)

Reps will be given.
Define your price range.

If it's less than $300: go look at Zara, H&M, Express, and on sale Banana Republic & J. Crew

You may even want to thrift and test your luck. Adrian is good at finding nice pieces for pennies on the dollar.

I would def like to spend under $300 a suit.

How's the quality of the express suits?

Looks like they're having 40 percent off through Monday.

I'm completely new to suit game and basically know nothing about them. It's time to learn lol

I see. It's normal for the older folks. For you, I suggest taking off your shoes and roll the pants up until it's just barely hovering off the floor while barefooted. That should allow for minimum break. If you want shorter than that, fold up until pants just cut off your ankle bones.

Once you find a length you like, tape or pin it and have a tailor sew for you. Shouldn't be more than $10 for a hem job.

At this point I'm guessing you're stepping on the pants while barefooted since there's quite a bit of break.
So say like a 1/2-1" off? Right now it's at a 34" inseam.

I would def like to spend under $300 a suit.

How's the quality of the express suits?

Looks like they're having 40 percent off through Monday.

I'm completely new to suit game and basically know nothing about them. It's time to learn lol
Quality is not the best, but you can't expect that. For a decent quality suit, you're going to spend at least $500-700. I would just get one or two and leave it at that until you can afford better quality ones.

So say like a 1/2-1" off? Right now it's at a 34" inseam.
This information is irrelevant as I don't know how tall you are, how long your legs are, torso specs, etc., not to mention your preference.

There's no 'right' answer. It also depends on what footwear you will use. Breaking will be more apparent on boots than shoes.

34" inseam is pretty long for proper trousers unless you're way over 6'. I'm 5'10" and my trousers range from 28-30" depending if I want a break or not.

Express sale is bogus.  Just last week I copped a suit that was 50% off AND used a 75 off 150 coupon that they e-mail.  Full Suit $150.  Great Quality.  I own more expensive suits.  However if you are going by budget choose FIT>quality. Nothing like a droopy *** suit.    

Back
Top Bottom