Dressing Better Vol 2.0

You're Mr. Mime

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Im pretty sure you all know but for the big bros Brooks Brothers Friends and Family starts today and runs through the 12th. Online code is FF25

Man, I go into this thread to get tips on dressing better and all that fun stuff and the first thing I see is Mr.Mime :rofl:

giphy.gif

I hope they don't mind. :D

8yb9me.jpg

God damn I was NOT expecting that.

Can we get ninjahoods face as the "Good Die Young" tattoo though? It's only right since he no longer posts here...

Last edited:
I like the loafers. You mess with the no sock look during the summer?

I'm trying to dress them down like the bottom half of this pic in the upcoming months
Nope. The last isn't casual enough to go sockless. I do rock my Qouddys sockless though.

I rock a bunch of Kufis too. Mostly to cultural/religious events, or sometimes just around. Kufi game has to be on point. Always.

Anyone else not into the perfectly-tailored look for casual clothes anymore? I still make sure everything is on point for "dressier" fits, but for example, if I'm wearing something like a casual button down shirt and jeans, I don't mind if the break of my jeans or shirt sleeves are a little long or loose (little being the key word here, not sloppy and obviously over-sized). I like those minor imperfections cause they help form a more laid-back look IMO

Anyone else not into the perfectly-tailored look for casual clothes anymore? I still make sure everything is on point for "dressier" fits, but for example, if I'm wearing something like a casual button down shirt and jeans, I don't mind if the break of my jeans or shirt sleeves are a little long or loose (little being the key word here, not sloppy and obviously over-sized). I like those minor imperfections cause they help form a more laid-back look IMO

Was never into the perfectly-tailored look tbh. What you just described for casual clothes is exactly what I like. I don't tuck my shirt in either for a casual fit unless I'm wearing a blazer over it.

I'm really laid back but also always seem to end up getting into some weird situations so I have to be comfortable in what I'm wearing. I just will not be comfortable having a tailored shirt tucked in, tight jeans, and wearing dress shoes/loafers all day as a casual fit.

I like the Wallace & Barnes for J Crew and sometimes other items featured in the Liquor Store J Crew men's shop because the stuff isn't super slim but fits well and is pretty durable. Also the stuff is usually a little vintage looking or at least toned down a bit which I like.

Last edited:

Was never into the perfectly-tailored look tbh. What you just described for casual clothes is exactly what I like. I don't tuck my shirt in either for a casual fit unless I'm wearing a blazer over it.

I'm really laid back but also always seem to end up getting into some weird situations so I have to be comfortable in what I'm wearing. I just will not be comfortable having a tailored shirt tucked in, tight jeans, and wearing dress shoes/loafers all day as a casual fit.

I like the Wallace & Barnes for J Crew and sometimes other items featured in the Liquor Store J Crew men's shop because the stuff isn't super slim but fits well and is pretty durable. Also the stuff is usually a little vintage looking or at least toned down a bit which I like.
Casually you can find me in a blazer; Then my shirt is tucked in. Otherwise, I will let it be.

A couple months back, I ended up getting some other Gap selvedge joints. I left them to have breaks and folds versus my precision tailored other pair. Maybe my thoughts changed, but I still flip flop between the two. And while I definitely would say sneakers are more comfortable, I do not find loafers or boots to be uncomfortable, so they get plenty play on my days off as well.

It's only hot for a few weeks in the Bay Area during the summer :pimp:

I feel like death during those weeks though. I don't know how most of the US deals with that @#$%, I'd probably move to another state or country if I had to deal with 3 months of 80+ weather

Last edited:
Casually you can find me in a blazer; Then my shirt is tucked in. Otherwise, I will let it be.

A couple months back, I ended up getting some other Gap selvedge joints. I left them to have breaks and folds versus my precision tailored other pair. Maybe my thoughts changed, but I still flip flop between the two. And while I definitely would say sneakers are more comfortable, I do not find loafers or boots to be uncomfortable, so they get plenty play on my days off as well.

This pretty much sums it up for me as well. Really for me the only difference between my days at work versus my off-days is that I switch up my trousers to denim. What I wear on casual Friday is my typical off-work outfit because it's become normal and comfortable for me to wear a blazer or loafers or lace up dress shoes (balmoral or blucher). My feet have gotten so used to dress shoes that at times when I wear sneakers they end up hurting my feet after a while. Otherwise you may see me in a pair of Tom's come the weekend.

Anyone else NOT looking forward to summer weather? Let's just skip to late August now...

My birthday is in August, we ain't skipping to late August bruh...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom