Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Wednesday night

Wow dope steals/deals these past few pages

Serg- No prob bro, anytime

I like that leather traveling bag :smoking

Nice pickup on the trench from BR :smoking

PBS - Clean fit back there!!
yo, nice looks on your blog. where'd you cop those ralph lauren cap toes you had on with the peacoat?

hope you don't mind me reposting

Last edited:
Wally strands are no bueno in my book. Something about the fact that every cat getting into menswear owning is off putting. But moreso I dislike because it is a contradicting shoe. It is a cap-toe balmoral, which makes it formal, but perforations and specifically the walnut color makes it more casual. I have no problem with the black or brown pairs, but something about the walnut joint being a shoe with a country gets me. While I know that a wingtip is also casual, something about the Mcallister makes more sense to me for a walnut pair. (Also it is on the same last for those interested)

Maybe i'm thinking too much about this :lol:

Wally strands are no bueno in my book. Something about the fact that every cat getting into menswear owning is off putting.

Spoken like a true hypebeast, jk.

Honestly, don't understand the rest of what you wrote :rofl: What's balmoral? Might be thinking about too much but you dress better than me so I checked the McAllister out. They're pretty nice too.

Wally strands are no bueno in my book. Something about the fact that every cat getting into menswear owning is off putting.

Spoken like a true hypebeast, jk.

Honestly, don't understand the rest of what you wrote :rofl: What's balmoral? Might be thinking about too much but you dress better than me so I checked the McAllister out. They're pretty nice too.
Lol can't lie, hypebeast tendency indeed.

As for balmoral vs. blucher (formal vs. casual), peep the piece I wrote about essential footwear here. I go into the difference between the two:

Wally strands are no bueno in my book. Something about the fact that every cat getting into menswear owning is off putting. But moreso I dislike because it is a contradicting shoe. It is a cap-toe balmoral, which makes it formal, but perforations and specifically the walnut color makes it more casual. I have no problem with the black or brown pairs, but something about the walnut joint being a shoe with a country gets me. While I know that a wingtip is also casual, something about the Mcallister makes more sense to me for a walnut pair. (Also it is on the same last for those interested)

Maybe i'm thinking too much about this :lol:

*insert "theyre just shoes bruh!" comment here* :wink:

i hear you though the main reason i got turned off by sneakers(other than buying damn near everything for almost 10 years straight) is how big it got. i loved it when it was niche.

Not saying that if menswear blows up that I gotta find a new "niche" lol. I dislike the walnut strand already for my own reasons. That's just a bonus as to why I will not purchase.

As stated, there's a handful of other options that I think are better for a walnut shoe. Clifton struck my interest with AE to begin with. I have yet to get a pair (lol, likely will never).

Last edited:
I agree with Pinoy to a certain extent, which is why I prefer the Fifth Avenue over the strands.
C stayed hooking my up proper. Ended up with the Fifth's for free.99

My only quarrel is the broguing on cap and no where else on shoe looks off since the cap is fairly small already.

I'm just too picky :\

Not saying that if menswear blows up that I gotta find a new "niche" lol. I dislike the walnut strand already for my own reasons. That's just a bonus as to why I will need purchase.

As stated, there's a handful of other options that I think are better for a walnut shoe. Clifton struck my interest with AE to begin with. I have yet to get a pair (lol, likely will never).

Dude I think they are discontinued. I miss my black Cliftons :frown: My first pair of AE's wore them into the ground. But looks like someone in here just copped them off the seconds sale? So I'm keeping my eyes peeled next sale.

Last edited:
Not saying that if menswear blows up that I gotta find a new "niche" lol. I dislike the walnut strand already for my own reasons. That's just a bonus as to why I will need purchase.

when i first went to AE to get my first pair last year i was mentioning the bal vs blucher and the sales rep said "ahh theyre just shoes!" i looked at him like :x

Yeah, second's list got em regularly. Love my brown pair. Just never copped the walnut joint, which as stated is what intrigued me about AE :lol:

when i first went to AE to get my first pair last year i was mentioning the bal vs blucher and the sales rep said "ahh theyre just shoes!" i looked at him like :x

I blame the economy. Most people have no idea what they're doing at their jobs. Especially retail. Just a way to pay the bills.

You'd think they'd be somewhat knowledgeable but nope.

Yeah, second's list got em regularly. Love my brown pair. Just never copped the walnut joint, which as stated is what intrigued me about AE :lol:

Post pics and the name of the brown pair please if they are dark brown. I'm looking for them in a dark brown so that would be helpful to me.

"They're just suits bro"
:lol: :lol:

I blame the economy. Most people have no idea what they're doing at their jobs. Especially retail. Just a way to pay the bills.

You'd think they'd be somewhat knowledgeable but nope.

yes, but that's the worst thing to ever tell a shoe head. :smh:

Post pics and the name of the brown pair please if they are dark brown. I'm looking for them in a dark brown so that would be helpful to me.
I'm talmbout the Clifton man. I have the pictured in my blog post that i linked above.

walnut clifton's were my first AE. it's what brought me to AE. my 2nd, 3rd pairs were player's shoe in walnut and black during a 2 for $250 sale maybe 2 years ago?

i prefer blucher over balmoral which is why i don't like strands. my only balmoral's i own are AE park avenue's which I bought for formal events, but I should have gotten them in shell cordovan instead of calf. oh well but that reminds me i have shell macneil's and leeds i need to break out this spring.

walnut clifton's were my first AE. it's what brought me to AE. my 2nd, 3rd pairs were player's shoe in walnut and black during a 2 for $250 sale maybe 2 years ago?

i prefer blucher over balmoral which is why i don't like strands. my only balmoral's i own are AE park avenue's which I bought for formal events, but I should have gotten them in shell cordovan instead of calf. oh well but that reminds me i have shell macneil's and leeds i need to break out this spring.
I take it that you are more of a casual, perhaps suits seperates vs the whole get up, kind of man ?

Smart call on the player's. I wore both my walnut and black pairs. PA's are also my formal shoe ($20 thrift). At some point I want a wholecut for when I don my tux. AE has the hanover model that is on the second's list but I think when the time comes that I really want the wholecut will be more towards whenever I get married. At that point, if not Carmina, I think I will go for G&G.

All this AE talk lol. Might be purchasing my first pair since I stopped working there. No discount feels bad :frown:

what made you leave? i know it was a side job for you but still, i wish i had time to do something like that.

also curious when AE was discounting shell at the outlets, did you score any? i picked up the macneil's and leeds both in burgundy shell but i kept looking for brown but unfortunately none in my size were available.

what made you leave? i know it was a side job for you but still, i wish i had time to do something like that.

also curious when AE was discounting shell at the outlets, did you score any? i picked up the macneil's and leeds both in burgundy shell but i kept looking for brown but unfortunately none in my size were available.

I moved to Charlotte with my primary job. I thought abuot trying to continue at the store here, but I am enjoying the extra free time exploring the new city and what not. And it was also time to move on after 50+ pair of AE lol.

During the last sale on Shell, I got the black Cambridge, and Wolverine Shell Boots. I have I think 7 total pair of shell

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom