Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Do you guys usually wash pants/jeans before you hem them? I'm concerned about shrinkage and how it'd look with the hem.
I dry clean all of my pants and trousers to avoid premature fading.

If you wash at home then yes, do before tailoring.

with all the selvedge talk, these are prolly my only pair, they go great with the daltons IMO

my only problem with selvedge is that they are too stiff sometimes, or is it me?

I hope you guys aren't confusing selvedge with raw denim. Raw denim is unwashed. That's why it's so stiff and sizing can be a pain. The patina it forms after numerous wears is why it is so popular. Selvedge is the high construction process which is apparent by the taping on the inseam hence "self edge". It can come in raw form or various washes which will result in a softer hand.

Last edited:
Raw denim doesn't have to be stiff. My skinny stretch N&F non-selvedge denim are as soft as any regular non-raw denim. To be honest, after I bought those I gave away all my APC's and other stiff selvedge pairs. I just don't see the point in wearing stuff, uncomfortable jeans. That said I'm not a big fan of jeans to begin with which is why I couldn't care less if my raws were selvedge or not.

Who do you guys like style wise who are celeb? (If Kanye no need to respond)

Easy answers are Steve McQueen, Cary Grant, and Paul Newman for me. But more recent guys, I really like Chris Paul's style, what the dudes from Street Etiquette and Art Comes First put together is dope as well. I wouldn't wear the majority of what they do but still I like how they take classic menswear items and make them their own, especially the Art Comes First pair.

Also no idea who this guy is but his pictures are everywhere and I love his double breasted blazers. Makes me want to buy one every time I see him

Last edited:
Who do you guys like style wise who are celeb? (If Kanye no need to respond)

Easy answers are Steve McQueen, Cary Grant, and Paul Newman for me. But more recent guys, I really like Chris Paul's style, what the dudes from Street Etiquette and Art Comes First put together is dope as well. I wouldn't wear the majority of what they do but still I like how they take classic menswear items and make them their own, especially the Art Comes First pair.

Also no idea who this guy is but his pictures are everywhere and I love his double breasted blazers. Makes me want to buy one every time I see him

Lino Ieluzzi

Julius F. Wrek

Anyone find these deals around NYC/Yonkers?

Gap jeans.
I have in CT, more than once, multiple locations, yes the selvedge ones too that retailed for 98
Sometimes you NY ppl should travel for a deal

Srs
Spend money to save money?  It's one thing if you're traveling to an outlet center where everything is in one place and there's nothing comparable in the city but otherwise you'd be better off having things shipped.
How many times per week do you look/stare at that guys pics? @LuckyLuchiano
eyes.gif

You right tho. I'm looking for these gap jeans as well. Size 44 anywhere?
I seen 44 by local Gap. I can proxy for ya big fella
laugh.gif
  I'd put money on it he doesn't have anywhere near a 44 waist (no that there's anything wrong with that).

I hope you guys aren't confusing selvedge with raw denim. Raw denim is unwashed. That's why it's so stiff and sizing can be a pain. The patina it forms after numerous wears is why it is so popular. Selvedge is the high construction process which is apparent by the taping on the inseam hence "self edge". It can come in raw form or various washes which will result in a softer hand.
raw denim isn't always stiff bro....

No idea what any of the terminology means, I just know Naked & Famous might be the only denim I buy from here on out. As long as their pricing stays decent. Not a denim buff by any means, I like APC's too but they keep raising their prices

No idea what any of the terminology means, I just know Naked & Famous might be the only denim I buy from here on out. As long as their pricing stays decent. Not a denim buff by any means, I like APC's too but they keep raising their prices
I know yall remember when Nudies was the IT jeans for streetwear

I was actually looking into Nudies not too long ago but never pulled the trigger. I want a pair of straight fit jeans, but I need to try them on first to make sure they don't look too crazy. Wouldn't mind trying out some LVC as well

I was actually looking into Nudies not too long ago but never pulled the trigger. I want a pair of straight fit jeans, but I need to try them on first to make sure they don't look too crazy. Wouldn't mind trying out some LVC as well
They are on Karmaloop these days now... crazy how things change.

I dunno about "high construction process". I thought selvage was denim at the end of the loom. This just what my girlfriend told me and she was a fashion major so I trust her.

I've bought APC that are stiff but not selvage before. So yeah raw=/=selvage, selvage=/=raw.

I think a lot of people are fooled by selvage thinking it automatically makes jeans better quality. So far from the truth. Hype beasts be cuffin sometimes though. I know dudes who won't buy denim unless they see that selvage.

Back
Top Bottom