Dressing Better Vol 2.0

HELP

I Need to but a suit this weekend.

I bought a Zegna suit a few years back that i love but wanted to try a different slim/fitted brand (since i cant find many Zegna colors)

Who do you all like for fitted suits?
I was told Valentino, Versace, and Boss had nice slim suits.

Will post pics once i buy.

Thanks

I've heard good things about Suit Supply. I really don't understand why someone would go out searching for a designer name suit like Versace.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits?gclid=CMWM6NfQxroCFYqi4AodWFIAOQ

Even Adrian endorses suit supply

Last edited:
The fabrics used on high end suits are going to be of a much higher quality. You're telling me that a company like Suit Supply fills the same niche as Tom Ford?

The fabrics used on high end suits are going to be of a much higher quality. You're telling me that a company like Suit Supply fills the same niche as Tom Ford?

He can just give me the 1100 and I'll make him a suit an original "Mariano De La Gutta!"

Suit supply was just a reference point. For the prices of a designer suit, you could go to a high end suit shop that will let you pick out the material and then they hand make the suit to your body.

Boss has an extra slim fit suit, that is really slim. It was mostly sold in europe, but they introduced it to the states year or so ago. It can be found at Hugo Boss stores, i havent seen any at any luxury dept stores. But extra slim fit hugo boss suit is very trim, def slimmer than the Jcrew Ludlow and can be had on sale for about 600-700 very easily. It is a great slim fit decent priced suit. Sure it is not going to be canvas construction, but whatever, its better than most. The "Ryan Win" is the cut I have experience with. It has held up well.

http://store-us.hugoboss.com/'Ryan/...en_US,pd.html&cgid=21001#!i=9&color=001_Black

Last edited:
I wore an express suit to a wedding last weekend and got plenty of compliments. not one person asked what brand it was, what the construction was, etc. As long as it's well tailored, you can make a cheap suit look like an expensive designer suit to 99% of the population :lol:

^
Yeah, most people outside of the internet will only care how it fits you and if it looks good aesthetically.

I wore an express suit to a wedding last weekend and got plenty of compliments. not one person asked what brand it was, what the construction was, etc. As long as it's well tailored, you can make a cheap suit look like an expensive designer suit to 99% of the population :lol:

Yeah but then when you wear it a number of times and the seat, elbows or other stress points start to develop a sheen it becomes clear that it's an Express suit.

I don't know why if/when someone says their budget is up to $1100 some of y'all want to regurgitate the same info about inferior products. Just because someone swears by X brand because of their fully canvassed suits or goodyear welted shoes (it's like those are the be all to some regardless of other qualities) doesn't mean there aren't much better options out there.

:lol: at "Even Adrian endorses suit supply"

But the thing is a lot of us in here don't want to be like 99% of the population. Most of us in here have some sort of passion for what type of clothing we were

I really want a new suit too, but don't have a need for one really. Next suit I'll buy will probably be once I'm out of school and I'm leaning towards Kent Wang. A lot of his stuff looks fantastic

If you signed up to participate in this year's Secret Santa, you should have received an e-mail via Elfster that you have been paired up. If you haven't added anything to your wish list please do. Also, please update your wish lists as well via Elfster. You can start purchasing your gifts for your elf any time between now and ideally the middle of December at latest. Ideally we want every participant to receive their gift(s) by Christmas.

express suits are so unbelievably ugly lol. no offense. Just my opinion. i would never recommend an express suit to someone who has a budget of $1100. that is insulting IMO

express suits are so unbelievably ugly lol. no offense. Just my opinion. i would never recommend an express suit to someone who has a budget of $1100. that is insulting IMO

Last edited:
But the thing is a lot of us in here don't want to be like 99% of the population. Most of us in here have some sort of passion for what type of clothing we were

The 99% comment was about how others perceive your clothing.

In your case, it sounds like you want to cater to the 1% who DO care about the details of your clothing and can appreciate it for that. Of course, you also have to cater to your own interests, but we all know that everyone cares about what others think of their clothing, even if they will never admit to it.

I wore an express suit to a wedding last weekend and got plenty of compliments. not one person asked what brand it was, what the construction was, etc. As long as it's well tailored, you can make a cheap suit look like an expensive designer suit to 99% of the population
laugh.gif
Slaydrian 
smokin.gif

The 99% comment was about how others perceive your clothing.

In your case, it sounds like you want to cater to the 1% who DO care about the details of your clothing and can appreciate it for that. Of course, you also have to cater to your own interests, but we all know that everyone cares about what others think of their clothing, even if they will never admit to it.

True. That's why I post what I wear on my tumblr, instagram, and various forums. With that said if I like something enough I'm not goign to let someone else's opinion change that.

I didn't say to get a cheaper suit. I'm not one of those "designer belts/clothes are for douches" people. Just made a comment; no need to cry and say I'm insulting people. I mean I even put a laughing face at the end to imply that I fooled people into thinking I was wearing something expensive

And if you think a standard grey suit is unbelievably ugly, I don't know what to tell you. That's just an elitist brand worshipping mentality; I guarantee if I posted my picture people in here would ask what kind of suit it was

Last edited:
HELP

I Need to but a suit this weekend.

I bought a Zegna suit a few years back that i love but wanted to try a different slim/fitted brand (since i cant find many Zegna colors)

Who do you all like for fitted suits?
I was told Valentino, Versace, and Boss had nice slim suits.

Will post pics once i buy.

Thanks
honestly its all personal preference go out and try some out in person but imo out of those brands fit wise id personally go with boss

My outwear needs a tune up.

What are good fall jackets to cop?

Stylish, utilitarian, cheap, and ultimately good at keeping me warm.

$150 is the highest I'm willing to spend.

Last edited:
The best cheap AND functional jacket I have is a $70 ultra light down jacket from Uniqlo. Just as warm as my $200 North Face Thermoball; I wish I had known about it before I bought the NF

Unfortunately something stylish AND very warm is hard to come by at that price. Most coats around the price you mentioned are warm enough if you live in Cali but that's about it. If you bumped your budget up to $200 I'd recommend a military peacoat

Last edited:
^
I've been wanting to try out the down jackets from uniqlo. Have only heard good reviews about them. I need to take a look at their duffel coats and blazers too.

What do you guys think about a club collar shirt on a bigger guy? Im a 18.5 neck and i'm worried about just buying one online without a chance to try it on with a tie.

Back
Top Bottom