Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Those fifth aves in bourbon are money. Slightly darker than walnut, it'll be more versatile for you. I have only one pair of bourbon shoes (AE Dalton's) and have the walnut version in the same model. Bourbon definitely can go with more things and is a beautiful color tone

Also, $239 for Goodyear welt, you'll get your money's worth brodie.

http://www.zappos.com/ecco-birmingham-dress-lace-up-whisky
- rubber sole on dress shoes is a no go for me
- captoe starts way too far back. it is called captoe not cap instep

http://www.zappos.com/gordon-rush-manning-cognac-calf?zlfid=2
-glued on rubber sole

http://www.zappos.com/gordon-rush-manning-cognac-calf?zlfid=2
http://www.zappos.com/frye-harvey-cap-toe-dark-brown-antique-soft-full-grain?zlfid=2
-embossed logo.
-pre-distressed appearance makes it super casual
-thick laces

dude was asking about dress shoes and none of those fit the bill.

As the doc so eloquently put, cement glued soles or Blake stitched construction will not last you long.

Once the sole is worn, you likely will have to toss them. However since most AEs (fifth Abe included) are Goodyear welt, the sole is stitched on. Leaving it able to be removed and resolved with no harm to the leather upper. AE provides this recrafting service direct or you could go to a third party like B Nelson.

Brometheus, both colors are extremely versatile. It's more about coordination than anything with this stuff. These shoes will last you 10 years easily because they can be resoled.
Agreed! $300esque is starting. $400-900 is middle. $1k+ is baller.
Do it, man. I was in tears of laughter when I saw my man printed out flyers to vote for you like it was a missing cat.
Agreed on the pricing but it's not always the case that pricier = better quality. There are a bunch of shoes in the $500 to $600 range, think Salvatore Ferragamo's standard line, that are horrible in quality compared to a $350 Allen Edmonds shoe. 

For quality + customer service it's hard to beat Allen Edmond's value. Quality is just as good, and sometimes better, than a bunch of shoes priced in the $500 to $700 range. Think of a Company like Brooks running shoes quality vs. Jordan Brand.......

As the doc so eloquently put, cement glued soles or Blake stitched construction will not last you long.

Once the sole is worn, you likely will have to toss them. However since most AEs (fifth Abe included) are Goodyear welt, the sole is stitched on. Leaving it able to be removed and resolved with no harm to the leather upper. AE provides this recrafting service direct or you could go to a third party like B Nelson.
So Edmonds will last me 25 years Pinay?

So Edmonds will last me 25 years Pinay?
With proper shoe care and resoling when necessary, AEs have been known to last upwards of 20-25 years Carla

Agreed on the pricing but it's not always the case that pricier = better quality. There are a bunch of shoes in the $500 to $600 range, think Salvatore Ferragamo's standard line, that are horrible in quality compared to a $350 Allen Edmonds shoe. 

For quality + customer service it's hard to beat Allen Edmond's value. Quality is just as good, and sometimes better, than a bunch of shoes priced in the $500 to $700 range. Think of a Company like Brooks running shoes quality vs. Jordan Brand.......
Oh yeah, at this point we're not even talking heavily marketed brands like that. We're talking about the likes of AE, Alden, Tricker's, Carmina, Lobb, GG, etc. Basically brands that are hard to find because they're not at your local Nordstrom :lol:

With proper shoe care and resoling when necessary, AEs have been known to last upwards of 20-25 years Carla
:lol: He called you a girl, b SMH Next thing is he's going to ask for pictures of your debut.

Hello guys, trying to switch my style up seeing as I have to buy new clothes. 

looking for boots at the moment and I've seen two pairs I really like, first the Oak Street Bootmakers Trench Boot and second the Red Wing for J.Crew Wabasha Boot. I'm leaning toward the Red Wings because I think they're more casual and it'll be a better transition to a more casual style (if that make sense). 

I was wondering if you could help me on sizing, I wear a 10 or 10 1/2 on sneakers and was wondering if I should buy the same size or size up? 

Also it says that the Oak Street boots ship in 6 weeks so I'll most likely get the J.Crew joints. 

Thanks.

Hello guys, trying to switch my style up seeing as I have to buy new clothes. 

looking for boots at the moment and I've seen two pairs I really like, first the Oak Street Bootmakers Trench Boot and second the Red Wing for J.Crew Wabasha Boot. I'm leaning toward the Red Wings because I think they're more casual and it'll be a better transition to a more casual style (if that make sense). 

I was wondering if you could help me on sizing, I wear a 10 or 10 1/2 on sneakers and was wondering if I should buy the same size or size up? 

Also it says that the Oak Street boots ship in 6 weeks so I'll most likely get the J.Crew joints. 

Thanks.

if you are going with the Wabasha cop now while J Crew still has their 25% off code. I think steezy has those so you can ask him about sizing.

the average consumer is poorly informed. if you strive to be average that's cool.
LOL because they don't buy 239 dollar dress shoes they are misinformed? I guess the elitist mindset goes beyond materialism and into realism. If you wish to be defined by dress shoes, live be live that bruh.

I just don't feel like those dress shoes above are worth 239. I posted similar priced dress shoes for a price the same or lower due to the request, however you can find so many good dress shoes for cheaper than that and will last as long as you want them to. I think that Fast Fashion Trend info has some of you blinded by brands and their "history" . But do as you must, options will be provided for each 239 dress shoe you post

Last edited:
i'm OCD when it comes to things like that. good habits with little purchases translate into good habits with large purchases like cars and houses. americans don't typically make good informed decisions there either fella.

i'm OCD when it comes to things like that. good habits with little purchases translate into good habits with large purchases like cars and houses. americans don't typically make good informed decisions there either fella.
Wow......... now you make stereotype jokes. Not even worth the response man.

Last edited:
if you are going with the Wabasha cop now while J Crew still has their 25% off code. I think steezy has those so you can ask him about sizing.
Size down, don't size up.

I wear a size 9 in most Nikes/Jordans and I take a 8.5 in all of my Red Wings and Chippewas.

This is actually very true.

That's why the average credit card debt for an American is $3000. Just think about that for a second.

Last edited:
i'm actually surprised that it's not much more than that.
Yeah. $3k is a low amount for sure. I'd think it be over $10k easily.

There are folks going on vacation on credit and all. With kids, airfare, etc. it adds up quickly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom