Dressing Better Vol 2.0

The ads aren't getting to me...its the lack of fashion it seems. Like they're trying TOO hard with some of these looks man. 

Like whats good with Chris Paul this month? >D
I was going to mention this. They had the man wearing a bubble vest over a tweed blazer. Boggled my mind.:x

Fit from y'day

before this became my favorite thread on NT i wouldn't be able to tell whats wrong here, is funny to see how much you train your eye just by reading what you guys post, lapel/tie width ratio meant nothing to me before and now its the first thing that jumps out at me, you need to ditch that tie for a slimmer one bro, rest of the fit is great imo.

just got these for 140
nthat.gif
    what do you guys think?

http://cdn.hypebeast.com/image/2009/08/red-wing-8130-classic-mod-boot.jpg

Last edited:

Fit from y'day

before this became my favorite thread on NT i wouldn't be able to tell whats wrong here, is funny to see how much you train your eye just by reading what you guys post, lapel/tie width ratio meant nothing to me before and now its the first thing that jumps out at me, you need to ditch that tie for a slimmer one bro, rest of the fit is great imo.
Is that a suit jacket or blazer? It looks like it should come with matching pants. The pants and the jacket don't blend to me.

Stopped by the Rockefeller J Crew location in NYC today, they wouldn't allow me to stack the student discount with the 25%...

The camo Gap x GQ cargos are dry clean only....:x

Is that a suit jacket or blazer? It looks like it should come with matching pants. The pants and the jacket don't blend to me.
Yeah, I agree that it's disjointed. The sort've monotone grey upper half (I see some color is the paisley but it appears grey also) doesn't work with khakis & brown wingtips.

Last edited:
Hey RFX45, I remember you saying a few pages back that you bought topman slim chinos from Nordstrom and that they were big. Did you mean big as in the waist was bigger than the tag size or was the pants more of a straight cut?

I bought a navy 30 x 30 also and it should be here tomorrow and I might have to return that and get some dockers alpha khaki chinos instead

Yeah I know, that's where I got the picture from. But they don't have my size and idk what they're called to look other places

Hey RFX45, I remember you saying a few pages back that you bought topman slim chinos from Nordstrom and that they were big. Did you mean big as in the waist was bigger than the tag size or was the pants more of a straight cut?
I bought a navy 30 x 30 also and it should be here tomorrow and I might have to return that and get some dockers alpha khaki chinos instead

They aren't as slim as expected especially since they call the pants skinny. Waist seemed like a true 30 but it felt baggy, would size down but 30 is the smallest they have.

Anyone know the name of these Margielas?

German Army Trainers aka GAT.

They aren't as slim as expected especially since they call the pants skinny. Waist seemed like a true 30 but it felt baggy, would size down but 30 is the smallest they have.
Margiela GATs are so comfy. This is why I have 3 pairs.

Today:

Wearing cotton pants and ribbon belts until the weather cools down, hopefully by October so I can break out the leather/wool/tweed.

Very interesting to hear, I actually had to size up on the topman skinny chinos because I thought they were too skinny. I am a 30/30 in docker alphas and jcrew chinos however the 30/30 in topman seemed much slimmer. I went with a 32/30 and they are loose around the waist but with a belt I love the fit.

I can never seem to get this down lol
It's the ludlow blazer from J crew
Thanks
me thinks your tie is too wide. 

also try a narrower collar.
Will do, thank you for the input

The tie width is fine. It's just that those Ludlow jackets have anemic "trendy" lapels. Either get a jacket with a classic 3-3.5 inch lapel or if you stick with the Ludlow, get a tie between 2-3''.

And the shirts collar should not be narrower. It should be wider so that the collar points hide under the lapels of the jacket.

Back
Top Bottom