Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Those of you who wear suits to work on a regular basis- how many are you alternating between?
I don't have to wear suits daily. The only times I have to wear are when we have a townhall or quarterly meeting with a grip of folks. I just wear them because I want to. With that said, I have about 7 or so. I also use them as separates and mix and match pieces.

About 7 as well and I'm on the same page as Wis in regards to having to wear them and when I wear them. I do have about three, 3-piece suits, soon to be 4, and a matching trouser and waistcoat, I personally like wearing the waistcoat and trousers as half the time wearing the jacket just becomes too much especially when teaching.

It's a bespoke suit. It was made for a mannequin who happened to be the same shape as him.

Aka the luckiest man in the planet.

LunarGrand Combat Boots

DEER GAWD
:smokin

Happy birthday Steezy!!!
I love this, man. :pimp: Great shot and even better fit.

What's the jacket? Pretty much what I've been looking for

Thanks bro, the jacket is Calvin Klein got it on sale at Macy's some years ago...

With a leather, I wouldn't skimp because the cheap stuff is really obvious. The best bet is try on a grip of brands and know your sizes in them and buy off season on discount.

For retail, I think Schott NYC is the cheapest and has decent quality to it. I think a brown bomber would be a nice first piece.

I'm sure RFX is more learned in this subsection than me. Dude has like 10+ leather and suede pieces.

Schott NYC where is that exactly manhattan? RFX I need ya where you at lol. I see what your saying definitely don't want a jacket to be that obvious n cheap I gotta look good I guess ima have to spend bread just wondering how much...what about jean jackets?

I've been wanting a leather jacket as well for the past 2 years. Schott makes some quality stuff with decent designs. I've been looking for something with a really plain design though. Don't want any zippered sleeves or zippered pockets / chest pockets. Seems like any quality leather will cost you $750 +. Saw a pretty nice jacket online yesterday but can't be spending $800 right now.

Yeah i can def agree fam...i need to step up my cardigan gear up too need help as to where i can get some really good ones!! :nerd:

:lol:, hanging on to your 20's is an act of futility and desperation. Start embracing your 30's now. It's not as bad as you think it is, you'll realize you have finally reached your prime. I'm basing this on your word that outside of the interwebz you are a bit more refined.

Your typing is horrible and you like that caps button way too damn much.

laugh.gif
, hanging on to your 20's is an act of futility and desperation. Start embracing your 30's now. It's not as bad as you think it is, you'll realize you have finally reached your prime. I'm basing this on your word that outside of the interwebz you are a bit more refined.

Your typing is horrible and you like that caps button way too damn much.
LMAO. WENT OVER YOUR HEAD BRO.

and yes. typing like this on NT is actually stress relieving from all the professional talk i do in the therapy office.  i know it's wierd, but (like a typical therapist) i don't often talk about my own stress. not to mention the progress notes, process notes, treatment plans, blah blah blah 'm often inundated with throughout the week.

getting to fool around on NT gives me a chance to wind back when im not at the gym or with my friends.

in terms of my 30s. I am quite excited.

and like i told girlslovewaffles.

i dont always type like i do lol.

respect.

Last edited:
Damn these kicks go hard. $170 isn't bad I might have to cop these :pimp:

Only $10 more than retro Js and the leather looks more supple.

I actually can't wait to see where I'm at in 2.5 yrs when I turn 30. Most of my friends are in that club already and most are married with very well off careers.

thats what it was.

im trying to figure out what the deal is with their tongues.

im gonna try for the black mercers, a starter cap, and maayyyybe the shoes. gonna look into filling pieces brand now
Just looked into this sneaker brand I've never heard of until this morning and I'm really impressed with their stuff
eek.gif

http://gsrnnfillingpieces.com/home

From the site for those of you that might be interested in copping the kicks tomorrow...
[ Filling Pieces normally fit 1 full size bigger, so please size down. ]

EU|34| |US|3.5| |CM|23.5|
EU|35| |US|4| |CM|23.8|
EU|36| |US|4.5| |CM|24.1|
EU|37| |US|5| |CM|24.5|
EU|38| |US|5.5| |CM|24.8|
EU|39| |US|6| |CM|25.1|
EU|40| |US|6.5| |CM|25.4|
EU|41| |US|7.5| |CM|25.7|
EU|42| |US|8.5| |CM|26.0|
EU|43| |US|9.5| |CM|26.7|
EU|44| |US|10.5| |CM|27.3|
EU|45| |US|11.5| |CM|27.9|
I'm worried about sizing now because they say size a full size down. They have that same midsole that a lot of high-end sneakers use where I have sized down 2 full sizes before. Ugh
mean.gif

Last edited:
Whats good, Havent posted here in a very long time... Looks like the crowds changed a bit...    

Ima gonna post older IG pics until i catch up to today.. ( I try not to post on weekends ) 

Please give me any feedback, its all love- 

-Stafford Prep Jacket

-Button up   Jcrew

- Chinos    Jcrew

- Kicks-    AE

Sleeves look a little long on the button up because of how i was sitting when i took the pic- 

-Fresh

IG @rodrigofresh

Whats good, Havent posted here in a very long time... Looks like the crowds changed a bit...    

Ima gonna post older IG pics until i catch up to today.. ( I try not to post on weekends ) 

-Stafford Prep Jacket

-Button up   Jcrew

- Chinos    Jcrew

- Kicks-    AE

Sleeves look a little long on the button up because of how i was sitting when i took the pic- 

-Fresh

IG @rodrigofres
Nice get up that, but with the bright coloured trousers I would have kept the socks plain. You dont want to look too busy. 

But your a braver man than I, I would never pull of those trousers, but you do. Nice.

Last edited:

-Stafford Prep Jacket

-Button up   Jcrew

- Chinos    Jcrew

- Kicks-    AE

-Fresh

IG @rodrigofresh
Nice get up that, but with the bright coloured trousers i would have kept the socks plain. You dont want to look to busy. 

But your a braver man than I, i would never pull of those trousers, but you do. Nice.
@sleet , completely understand you POV, I dont think i have one pair of plain dress socks any more lol. As far as the pants go, i prolly have almost every color... Very non traditional in the corporate world, but i tend to get plenty of compliments... More so females than males... But then slowly the males attempt to add more color to their wardrobe... 

Last edited:
@sleet , completely understand you POV, I dont think i have one pair of plain dress socks any more lol. As far as the pants go, i prolly have almost every color... Very non traditional in the corporate world, but i tend to get plenty of compliments... More so females than males... But then slowly the males attempt to add more color to their wardrobe... 
Good on you. I have a couple of colours but nothing to brave. You should own a few pair of plain black socks - staples.

I am after some well fitting chinos, tapered, and not too wrinkly. I am struggling here in the UK.

LMAO. WENT OVER YOUR HEAD BRO.

I get it, it's a Ninjahood jab and how he denies his "blackness" , :lol:, according to black NT'ers.

My reply was more of a pep talk, regarding turning that page that people dread. The 20's are a great time, but it's also turbulent in many ways. We often forget that, and focus on the glow of the good times. I just started, but I'm enjoying this chapter ("The 30's"), reflecting on my 20's and realizing how foolish some decisions I made were.

Good times ahead, good times.

Back
Top Bottom