DONE DEAL: Shaq to Cleveland for Sasha Pavlovic and Ben Wallace/ EDIT: Villanueva next???

Originally Posted by jtwo8ight

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

lakers fans shaking in their purple and gold tights lolololololol ... cavs championship ... thank god ...
eyes.gif
word we should just give them the trophy before the gamesare even played

cavs fans are in for a rude awakening.

Originally Posted by lebanesesneakerfiend

Originally Posted by starbury03

I think Shaq is going to play great for the Cavs. yes, I am a cavs fan, however shaq will be very motivated to winning with the team. He hates dwight howard and stan van gundy, everyone knows he wants another ring especially after kobe getting his 4th! It would be amazing to see shaq vs kobe in the finals, and to have LeBron with shaq together in the finals? I just dont see how they could lose! So, im prediciting the cavs to win it all after a heartbreak playoff run and for the king to remain in cleveland!
It's fun to dream, huh?

not a dream, a reality..
would it be a stretch to actually call you a lebron fan?

in no way shape or form does this trade HURT the Cavs . it may not help them that much , but it def doesnt hurt them . certain man in this thread arewriting essays rattling off all of Shaq's 'issues' as if the Cavs are foolish for making the move
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by starbury03

I think Shaq is going to play great for the Cavs. yes, I am a cavs fan, however shaq will be very motivated to winning with the team. He hates dwight howard and stan van gundy, everyone knows he wants another ring especially after kobe getting his 4th! It would be amazing to see shaq vs kobe in the finals, and to have LeBron with shaq together in the finals? I just dont see how they could lose! So, im prediciting the cavs to win it all after a heartbreak playoff run and for the king to remain in cleveland!
It's fun to dream, huh?

not a dream, a reality..
Oh, word?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Supafly122

Wouldn't the Xmas game still be the finals matchup, LAL & Magics?
Nah, the NBA usually does the most
eek.gif
matchup for Christmas Day with the most storylines, so now with Shaq in CLE it'll definitely be CLE vsLAL. Kobe vs. Bron & Shaq, doesn't get much better than that.

why in the freak would it say its a blockbuster deal???? shaq is old now this might be his last productive year.there is no blockbuster in this trade.

if you're the Cavs why not gamble with Shaq? hopefully Shaq can avoid an injury and play throughout the 09-10 season.

Will Mike Brown still be coach? If so, I don't see this move putting them over the top.

It will be interesting to see how Shaq reacts when LeBron yells at him for not running the floor hard enough. You know it will happen at least once.

So will Lebron participate on Shaq's Human Bowling...and will Shaq be part of Bron's pregame photo ops? LOL

This trade still does not make the Cavs backcourt any bigger. They gotta find a bigger two and also a three to come of the bench now that Sasha is gone.

Seems like a good trade. Can't hurt the Cavs....... I hope its a Cavs v. Lakers Finals.

Imagine if Lakers would win....... Kobe would have Bron and Shaq by the balls

WE DIDN'T LOSE CAUSE OF OUR "SMALL" BACKCOURT. WE LOST CAUSE MIKE BROWN COACHED LIKE A *+$$%%% MORON. GO BACK AND LOOK HOW DIFFERENTLY THE LAKERSSTRATEGIZED ON D COMPARED TO THE CAVS. I'M TIRED OF HEARING WE WERE TOO SMALL. IT'S BS. WE WON 66 GAMES WITH THE SAME DAMN BACKCOURT. GOT OUTCOACHEDIT'S THAT DAMN SIMPLE.

Originally Posted by Prez T

in no way shape or form does this trade HURT the Cavs . it may not help them that much , but it def doesnt hurt them . certain man in this thread are writing essays rattling off all of Shaq's 'issues' as if the Cavs are foolish for making the move
eyes.gif

TRUTH

I'm excited about the Cavs being able to throw the ball down on the block for the first time in the Mike Brown era...

Then you have Bron cutting, Mo and West and Gibson on the perimeter.

THIS > Doing nothing.

[h1]Howard: Cavs Got Shaq To Try And Stop Me[/h1]

Jun 25, 2009 2:30 PM EST

Howard_Dwight_orl.jpg
Dwight Howard was flattered by the Cavaliers acquisition of Shaquille O'Neal.

"Looks like Cleveland just traded for big Shaq in order to try and stop me next season," wrote Howard. "It's good to see that the Magic are on the minds of some other teams now instead of it being the other way around. Maybe now after getting to the Finals the little ol' Magic won't be overlooked as much anymore.

"Those kinds of trades like the one Cleveland made just lets us know that we have to be better next season. Those teams are gunning for us and trying to get better, so we've got to do the same thing."

Via DwightHoward.com (H/T BallerBlogger.com)

I've said it before I dont think this move is WOW, but i mean they were contenders this year w/o Sasha and Ben so to add Shaq of course they will stillcontend.

I dont think it helps Cavs major problems. 1. pick and roll defense 2. lebron long term. 3. Mike Brown

I always figure if he wins a ring in Cle he'll just bounce and say i did what i said and brought them a ring, now yada yada.

Mike Bron is a potato head he isnt strong enough to really draw up some stuff, they will win a lot of games based on Lebron and roll players but when it matteri dont think they will get the chip

Shaq will mesh well with Lebron, he'll start calling himself the JESTER in the KINGS court or something like that.

Laker/Kobe fans shouldnt be worried, if anything they should be happy and embrace the challenge because I am sure Kobe is now hungry ( so much for himvacating)

outacontrol music wrote:
Prez T wrote:
in no way shape or form does this trade HURT the Cavs . it may not help them that much , but it def doesnt hurt them . certain man in this thread are writing essays rattling off all of Shaq's 'issues' as if the Cavs are foolish for making the move
eyes.gif

TRUTH

I'm excited about the Cavs being able to throw the ball down on the block for the first time in the Mike Brown era...

THIS > Doing nothing.

On top of that Shaq is a GREAT passer on the block.

I can remember the countless times he used to hit Penny, Kobe and Wade when they cut to the rack.

I really agree this trade does nothing but make the team that had the most wins in the NBA last year BETTER then they were.

We will see in the coming weeks if they make another move (which we all know is going to happen)

If its the right move ON PAPER they will be a force. We just have to see what happens during that LONG 82 game season.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by Prez T

eyes.gif

TRUTH

THIS > Doing nothing.

On Point...not a cavs fan but i definitely see Lebron getting as much as he can out of Shaq.

Originally Posted by tupac003

outacontrol music wrote:
Prez T wrote:
eyes.gif

TRUTH

THIS > Doing nothing.

On top of that Shaq is a GREAT passer on the block.

I can remember the countless times he used to hit Penny, Kobe and Wade when they cut to the rack.

I really agree this trade does nothing but make the team that had the most wins in the NBA last year BETTER then they were.

We will see in the coming weeks if they make another move (which we all know is going to happen)

If its the right move ON PAPER they will be a force. We just have to see what happens during that LONG 82 game season.

Respect for a coherent reply.

shaq_top4_090625.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

medium_joesmith.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
sorry Joe, pass the digits....

Also

NBA PM: Villanueva To Cleveland?

spacer.gif

By: Bill Ingram Last Updated: 6/24/09 3:42 PM ET | 3905 times read

Adjust font size:

Charlie Villanueva is enjoying his Twitter account at least as much as any other player in the NBA, and more than most. The recurring theme has been that more moves are coming for the Bucks, followed closely by his own feeling that he won't be back in Milwaukee next season. In fact, it's been suggested by those close to Villanueva that he would play for the Cleveland Cavaliers for the MLE. While that might be a little bit high for Villanueva, whose defensive lapses are constantly causes for concern, this might be the first legitimate Cavaliers rumor we've had all summer.

"I was actually very surprised; I didn't think Milwaukee would pull such a move," Villanueva said on ESPN 450 in Milwaukee. "I thought RJ (Richard Jefferson) would be around for a little bit but I understand the financial situation that they're in. I was a little shocked at first. It's going to be an interesting summer."

When Villanueva first head about the trade he thought the Bucks had made the move with re-signing him in mind. After all, Bruce Bowen, Kurt Thomas and Fabricio Oberto all have ending deals, and collectively they saved the Bucks $3 million this season and $15 million in 2010-11.

"That's definitely the first thing that came in to mind," said Villanueva. "I knew what the financial situation that Milwaukee was in, the fact that they make some room brings questions: If it's for me or Ramon Sessions. It's all speculation 'cause you realize at the end of the day, you don't know exactly what's going to happen. Milwaukee, I've yet to talk to them so I don't know exactly what's on their mind."

Of course, the subsequent addition to the trade, which involved Pistons forward Amir Johnson heading to the Bucks and Oberto going to Detroit changed Villanueva's take on the whole situation.

"The fact that you bring that news to me - Amir Johnson's going to the Bucks - there are a lot of bigs in that position. Just like I said, I have not talked to Milwaukee, so I don't what they're thinking or what's in their minds as far as me, what's their plans. But, it's kind of looking like I won't be there if those many bigs are there, but at the end of the day, you don't know what's going to happen."

Things continue to get more interesting, for sure. One thing that seems to be crystal clear is that the Bucks have made their choice. Coming into the summer they knew they couldn't afford both Villanueva and Ramon Sessions. They have now effectively replaced Charlie, so Sessions is likely to be their long-term back court choice.

Back
Top Bottom