Does Tracy McGrady belong in the MVP discussion?

Houston are currently tied with L.A. for the top spot in the West following their 89-80 win over the Bobcats. Their next game is Sunday against Kobe and theLakers. If they beat the Lakers, does McGrady become the favorite to win the MVP?
- 2nd longest winning streak in NBA history
- Top record in the West
- All without Yao

I.M.O not at all, Tracys been killin the league for the past few weeks

Kobe, Bron, CP3 has been killin the league for the whole season

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

he definitely has played his way into the discussion... they do now have the best record in the west

Check their record against plus .500 clubs when he has NOT played this year.

he's in the discussion, but he shouldn't win it. kobe, lebron, cp3 have all played at a high level for the entire season. tmac has only played greatsince the all-star break. but it just goes to show tmac still has a lot left. it just feels like when hes with yao he doesn't go all out
tired.gif

but i give the MVP to cp3 right now. what he's doing with that team is remarkable.

Of course he is and he might even win it due to the writers anti Kobe bias. He is probably ahead of Lebron now due to Lebron's lackluster record in theEast.

1.Kobe
2.CP3
3.KG
4.T-Mac
5.Lebron

gko2408 wrote:Houston are currently tied with L.A. for the top spot in the West following their 89-80 win over the Bobcats. Their next game is Sunday againstKobe and the Lakers. If they beat the Lakers, does McGrady become the favorite to win the MVP?
- Top record in the West
- All without Yao

What????????????????????

Rockets have been lucky against the top teams: Dallas without Dirk, Hornets without West, and Lakers (possibility of without Gasol), Celtics (possible withoutRay Allen)

^even if they've been "lucky", winning 20+ games in a row is already damn impressive. bringing your A game night in and night out and not losingin 20 games is impressive even if it's all against not so great teams.

First off, why would beating the Lakers make him the automatic favorite? What exactly would that prove? I'd think winning 21 in a row is more impressivethen beating the Lakers.

Secondly, while he does deserve some mention, he's missed too many games i believe to really win it unless they seriously go undefeated all season orsomething crazy like that OR if they actually keep the #1 seed. However, if they kept the 1 seed and the Dubs stay at 8, I smell ANOTHER upset and, sad tosay, but another first round exit for Mac.

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

If Rockets become undefeated the rest of the season, then yeah.

Thats what i was thinking, but i doubt it will happen. Their next 5 games are all tough so they are most likely losing or gonna lose a few.

Originally Posted by rocboys

gko2408 wrote:Houston are currently tied with L.A. for the top spot in the West following their 89-80 win over the Bobcats. Their next game is Sunday against Kobe and the Lakers. If they beat the Lakers, does McGrady become the favorite to win the MVP?
- Top record in the West
- All without Yao

What????????????????????

Rockets have been lucky against the top teams: Dallas without Dirk, Hornets without West, and Lakers (possibility of without Gasol), Celtics (possible without Ray Allen)

Still ( - All without Yao )

Rockets have been lucky against the top teams: Dallas without Dirk, Hornets without West, and Lakers (possibility of without Gasol), Celtics (possible without Ray Allen)

and we have no yao

First off, why would beating the Lakers make him the automatic favorite? What exactly would that prove? I'd think winning 21 in a row is more impressive then beating the Lakers.
I use that game as the breaking point because y'kno that if the Rockets win that game, every sports show that following Monday will be askingthe same question I'm posing here. Plus, it'd be a win against the (co-)leading MVP candidate right now.

Originally Posted by gko2408

First off, why would beating the Lakers make him the automatic favorite? What exactly would that prove? I'd think winning 21 in a row is more impressive then beating the Lakers.
I use that game as the breaking point because y'kno that if the Rockets win that game, every sports show that following Monday will be asking the same question I'm posing here. Plus, it'd be a win against the (co-)leading MVP candidate right now.

Oh okay, i see what you mean.

No he doesn't. Like 14 of those wins were with Yao playing. I don't understand it. HJe's nbeen playing well, but he got a hell of a head start.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

gko2408 wrote:Houston are currently tied with L.A. for the top spot in the West following their 89-80 win over the Bobcats. Their next game is Sunday against Kobe and the Lakers. If they beat the Lakers, does McGrady become the favorite to win the MVP?
- Top record in the West
- All without Yao

What????????????????????

Still ( - All without Yao )

Yup, still without Yao.

Other teams should be lucky too since Yao isn't playing.

If they get the 2 seed, then he not only deserves the consideration, he deserves the award.

Take a look at that roster, TAKE A @%@%+%$ LOOK.

Back
Top Bottom