Does this shatter the "Eating healthy is too expensive" myth?

Originally Posted by SharpiePoint

Originally Posted by oO Master Chief Oo

I'm talking about truly healthy eating as in oganic whole foods, that's the key organic and whole. My and my gf go to whole foods and blueberries, raspberries and some other fruits comes out to like 30 dollars it's crazy expensive and when you think abou juicing and how you can pack way more fruits it make the cost even more crazy
Cause you're shopping at Whole Foods.  Honestly, you don't have to buy organic when it comes to fruits and veggies.  I mean, aren't they supposed to be healthy to begin with?
nerd.gif

Non-Organic are coated with beeswax/resin to make them appear fresher. And the skin/rind is the the most nutrient rich part.
ohwell.gif

target frozen fruit section for you juicers. Sure it's processed more than likely but hey its better than McDonald's right?

Eggs are cheap. Eggs are healthy. Get you a dozen eggs and a slab of bacon for $5 total. That will last you a week.

Everyone is comparing apples to oranges.

Healthy restaurant food is more expenseive than non healthy restaurant food.

Healthy supermarket food is more expensive than non healthy supermarket food.

Healthy wholesale club food is more expensive than non healthy wholesale club food.

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

You can buy a pack of chicken for $10-15 and be good for 5-7 days. And canned veggies for a few dollars.

Thats how you eat healthy for cheap.
Nah. The thick chicken breasts at Kroger/Publix have 3 in them for like 6 bucks.

I eat 2 a day. So for 5 days I need 10. For 7 I need 14.

So that's 24 bucks I'm spending for 5 days. $30 if I want it to last a week. Then I gotta pick up brown rice, broccoli, & milk.

Costs more than McD's.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Chicken Breasts: I eat 2 a day. So for 5 days I need 10. For 7 I need 14.

So that's 24 bucks I'm spending for 5 days. $30 if I want it to last a week. Then I gotta pick up brown rice, broccoli, & milk.

Costs more than McD's.

Be careful with all of that cholesterol man. That is a lot of chicken in a weeks time.

Back
Top Bottom