Does this shatter the "Eating healthy is too expensive" myth?

a salad is like 5-6 bucks, and you're still starving.

2 double cheese burgers and a fry= 3 bucks... fuller than a mug.

Originally Posted by bboi4lif3

Been trying to get on my cooking more tip, any tips?

i find it easier to cook if i know what i'm gonna make the night before...

if i just come home hungry strong chance i'm buying fast food

if i know all day i'm making lasagna and i have the stuff or know what i need i'm good

also try cooking on like sunday/monday night to at least get yourself through 2-3 days of lunch/dinner

prepare your lunch the night before so you don't have to rush to do it in the morning

keep stuff you can cook in the crib so when you do get hungry its there...once you see how much money is saved you'll want to keep it up

hit up different sites for quick recipes or try the recipes on the labels of some of the stuff you buy like soup

Originally Posted by megatron

NONE of that food looks good to be honest.

ummmmmm the food isn't prepped let alone cooked.
roll.gif

i swear megatron u make my day when u post. no shots fired either

Originally Posted by RavageBX

If you're posting fast food you should post healthy fast food. Not everyone has the time to buy healthy food and cook it.

Chicken Caesar Salad approx $6.50
Two McDoubles, small fries, small drink approx $4

That's just one example. Eating healthy is not cheap no matter how you slice it.

so you're gonna go to mackie dees to pay $6.50 for a plastic chemical "chicken" and "lettuce" ? you can go down to the grocery store and buy a whole cooked chicken (that will last you more than 1 meal) and 1 lb of romaine lettuce for that. oh but its so difficult to pull lettuce leafs off to make a salad yourself
roll.gif

keep eating diabetes
laugh.gif

idk how you guys can eat fast food n not feel disgusted afterwards. I cant eat it. If im starving i'll heat up rice that are usually leftover n can of tuna wit lemon pepper on it.

Im a health freak.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

QFT
heck I'm just gonna grab some McD's right now. Or mexican.... hmmmmmmmmmm

LOL @ that being enough for 4 people. that chicken salad and what not i could easily with twice that for myself but then again, im not normal.

I think it's more cooking from scratch is cheaper in the long run, I buy like $20-40 worth of groceries and it lasts me a week easily, just initial costs are high due to buying seasoning and things that one should already have in the kitchen.

cooking >>> Fast food. I spent $30 on chinese the other night. That $30 could've gotten me a family pack of wings, milk, eggs, bread, rice, etc.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Everyone I know eats off the dollar menu my roommate spends 5 dollars and gets 3 meals

The dollar menu >>>>>>>>>>>

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

People don't have time to cook but they have time to drive out and purchase fast food? It's not like every healthy meal takes an hour to cook.
You serious? Generally you're already out and since there are no shortage of fast food joints, you can drive through or walk in and only take an extra maybe 5 minutes as opposed to the amount of time preparing food would cost, plus it's an unfair comparison to begin with comparing precooked food to preparing yourself in terms of cost. The convenience of it being ready is part of what you pay for.
I can prepare some lean meat and vegetables in about 15 minutes. I assume anyone else can. That's what I was basing my post off of. It really doesn't take that much time to cook a healthy meal. So, yeah, I am serious.

Where are those prices from?

Because it sure as hell isn't that cheap to get those food items here in New Zealand.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Of course salads are expensive at fast foods joints.

people have been so brainwashed in thinking that salads is a justifiable way to eat healthy.

corporations only take advantage of the myth and make crazy profit. there's no way there are $6 worth of greens in your McDonalds salad.

you're pretty much paying for convenience...

you can easily buy $7 worth of salad in a bag at your local grocery store for way more than 1 or 2 servings

I dont think anyone can argue that over the long run eating out anywhere cost a lot more than grocery shoppin a few times a month
Fast Food doesnt make its money on quality, but on convenience. 

Personally I made my diet a priority so I rarely eat fast food 

However, when youre on a road trip you cant exactly pullover and whip up a lean chicken and greenbeans meal
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hugebird

And how are you going to compare food that is fully prepared and cooked versus the super market price just to by the materials? This is quite silly.

I can make a week's worth of lunches to bring to work for about $15-20 worth of groceries. Lunch everyday would be $6 if I was trying to go super cheap. So I only save about $10-15 but it's way healthier and I prefer my cooking over most restaurants anyway.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by hugebird

And how are you going to compare food that is fully prepared and cooked versus the super market price just to by the materials? This is quite silly.
Word... those aren't healthy "meals"
laugh.gif

it doesn't get any cheaper than the mcdonald's dollar menu.. even tho its gross as hell

Back
Top Bottom