Does college seem too long of a process to you?

Originally Posted by lostsoulswander

College is wayyyy wayyyyyyy to long man. 4 years is too much man. 1/2 the time your in there you wouldn't even be learning about +%$@ your interested in because of these damn general requirement courses 
30t6p3b.gif
Yep.  Society should be amended.

If you know what you want to do you should be allowed to take all of the courses for you major first.  I would have graduated college in 2 years if they let me.  But I wish there was a way to extend the experience while still allowing you to not take those BS classes. 

Maybe 2 years undergrad degree.  Allow you to get a part time intership while you work on your masters.  Have a masters and work experience in 4 year.  Then move on to the real world

My big gripe with college (aside from paying wayyyyyy too much and learning wayyyy too little) is that I was 21 for half of my senior year, that was it.  So you have fun your freshman year going to house parties doing all the dumb crazy things you hear about.  Then you get bored of that so sophomore and Junior and first half of senior year is work your crap job and try to get good grades.  Then second half of senior year the fun picks up again.  I wish i could have had more time being 21 in college.  Only get to relive it visiting friends at school now but that won't last much longer.

Originally Posted by lostsoulswander

College is wayyyy wayyyyyyy to long man. 4 years is too much man. 1/2 the time your in there you wouldn't even be learning about +%$@ your interested in because of these damn general requirement courses 
30t6p3b.gif
Yep.  Society should be amended.

If you know what you want to do you should be allowed to take all of the courses for you major first.  I would have graduated college in 2 years if they let me.  But I wish there was a way to extend the experience while still allowing you to not take those BS classes. 

Maybe 2 years undergrad degree.  Allow you to get a part time intership while you work on your masters.  Have a masters and work experience in 4 year.  Then move on to the real world

My big gripe with college (aside from paying wayyyyyy too much and learning wayyyy too little) is that I was 21 for half of my senior year, that was it.  So you have fun your freshman year going to house parties doing all the dumb crazy things you hear about.  Then you get bored of that so sophomore and Junior and first half of senior year is work your crap job and try to get good grades.  Then second half of senior year the fun picks up again.  I wish i could have had more time being 21 in college.  Only get to relive it visiting friends at school now but that won't last much longer.

not many people actually finish in 4 years anyway, unless you take a lot of hours each semester.
Me I take at least 12 (the min) at most 14. I still got a good bit to go and I'm in my third year

not many people actually finish in 4 years anyway, unless you take a lot of hours each semester.
Me I take at least 12 (the min) at most 14. I still got a good bit to go and I'm in my third year

core classes and electives suck. if i could take 5 classes a semester pertinent to my major (business Adm) and my double concentration (marketing/management) i would enjoy school much more. but having to take 5 classes a semester and 2-3 have NOTHING to do with your major or concentration, then school begins to suck. luckily i have 1 semester left
pimp.gif
but 3 out of the 5 classes are liberal arts electives
30t6p3b.gif

edit: Ive taken 5 classes every semester since frosh year. classes range from 3-4 credits each so Ive been taking 15-18 credits/semester. spring (my last semester) is 18 credits

core classes and electives suck. if i could take 5 classes a semester pertinent to my major (business Adm) and my double concentration (marketing/management) i would enjoy school much more. but having to take 5 classes a semester and 2-3 have NOTHING to do with your major or concentration, then school begins to suck. luckily i have 1 semester left
pimp.gif
but 3 out of the 5 classes are liberal arts electives
30t6p3b.gif

edit: Ive taken 5 classes every semester since frosh year. classes range from 3-4 credits each so Ive been taking 15-18 credits/semester. spring (my last semester) is 18 credits

Originally Posted by jmause3

Graduated in May, wish i was still in school

Not doing anything over the Summer or Winter Breaks
pimp.gif

Now only having 4 days off for Xmas
frown.gif
(And that is cause it falls on a wknd)

Originally Posted by jmause3

Graduated in May, wish i was still in school

Not doing anything over the Summer or Winter Breaks
pimp.gif

Now only having 4 days off for Xmas
frown.gif
(And that is cause it falls on a wknd)

i thought it was too long when I was in college. I appreciate the experiences I had while there but there is no need to take pointless classes. Then again, I enjoyed my internships/jobs in college then actually sitting in classes. How some people can spend upwards of 5+ years on undergrad while going full time is beyond me.

i thought it was too long when I was in college. I appreciate the experiences I had while there but there is no need to take pointless classes. Then again, I enjoyed my internships/jobs in college then actually sitting in classes. How some people can spend upwards of 5+ years on undergrad while going full time is beyond me.

damn I missed this thread and made something just like it...college is what you make of it...I would like to start all over but I like the experience.

damn I missed this thread and made something just like it...college is what you make of it...I would like to start all over but I like the experience.

the best times of my life were in college. enjoy while it lasts. you need to go out more and discover it

the best times of my life were in college. enjoy while it lasts. you need to go out more and discover it

It's bittersweet. I just finished 4.5 years of college and I think I'm going to apply for graduation this semester but I might still take some more classes and finish up another BS. College went by quick and though I wanted my last year to hurry up and be over with, I'm thinking of entertaining the idea of the 6 year route. The current economic situation makes everything seem so bleak.

It's bittersweet. I just finished 4.5 years of college and I think I'm going to apply for graduation this semester but I might still take some more classes and finish up another BS. College went by quick and though I wanted my last year to hurry up and be over with, I'm thinking of entertaining the idea of the 6 year route. The current economic situation makes everything seem so bleak.

It took me 5 years to finish college and personally it was too short. I rather be a broke student partying and smashing young/ripe college females on a daily basis than a 60 hour a week working professional filled with stress and deadlines.

Back
Top Bottom