Does clothes make the man ?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

51and3rd:
23ska909red02:
^ But assumptions about a person aren't what makes that person.

If I'm in a business suit and you think (assume) 'Well he's successful,' that doesn't make me successful; my suit hasn't made me successful.

My suit has made you assume me to be successful. You'd have to get to know me to find out if I'm successful.

My clothing (my suit) has presented me a certain way to you and you have drawn assumptions from that presentation... but that hasn't made me. I might be a failure dressed in a suit, giving the appearance of success.
Sometimes an assumption in ones eyes = what the person is in the eyes of another. If i see a guy dressed like a bum on the streets ima assume and believe he's a bum. You are who people say you are. Forget all the self confidence +**%. If people think your unreliable that makes you unreliable.

DRESS GAME IS VERY IMPORTANT IN TODAY'S STANDARDS
How you dress is very important, and always has been, but yu're missing the reason why. The reason 'dress' is important is NOT because it makes you who you are; 'dress' is important because it presents you. You only get one shot at making a first impression, and the first impression people are going to get from you will be how you look, (which will include how you dress).

But you are who you are, regardless of the assumptions people have about you.

Now, is the collective opinion about you probably true about you in most cases? Absolutely; if everyone at your workplace hates that you're late all the freaking time, then... you're a tardy person, regardless of whether or not you admit that.

But the fact that the first word of your response is 'Sometimes' proves my point that you are who you are, regardless of how you dress, the opinions people have on you or anything. If something is 'sometimes' true, then it's not true at all. The sun is not sometimes hot, so it's true that the sun is hot (because it is always hot). People's opinion about you is not always reflective of who you really are, so it's not true .that opinions about a person make the person.

thats why its a 50/50 type deal. At first, it defines who you who, but after that,personality shines 100%. but for the most part, the look you present, is what gets your foot through the door.

i think often times we buy all these clothes, not for the females, but for other dudes. cuz honestly how many girls really know what "In4mation","Supreme", etc. are?

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

(Your gangster is not defined)
Your gangster is not defined by how low your jeans fall by your waist, but more how your genes stand over his expectations. Never forget where you came from.
(Your gangster)
Your gangster is not defined by how many rocks are in your watch, but rather how many rocks you move while on your watch.
(Gangsters, hustlers, republicans, democrats, pimps and !!$@.)
Conservatives, labor, the seller, the buyer, the product, the producer.
(See you are what you are in this world.)
The gangster is absorbed and adored by those that don't understand the laws that govern gangsterment.
(Gangsterment)
Gangsterment allows you to make up your own laws and create brand new words.

Stringer Bell FTW...lol

Originally Posted by kevL7

i think often times we buy all these clothes, not for the females, but for other dudes. cuz honestly how many girls really know what "In4mation", "Supreme", etc. are?
I have always pondered this...like dam, this chick doesn't even know Im killing it right now
grin.gif

Meanwhile, you'll be in the mall, dudes pointing at your shoes and what not, having a fit...its all backwards

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

23ska909red02 wrote:
^ But assumptions about a person aren't what makes that person.

If I'm in a business suit and you think (assume) 'Well he's successful,' that doesn't make me successful; my suit hasn't made me successful.

My suit has made you assume me to be successful. You'd have to get to know me to find out if I'm successful.

My clothing (my suit) has presented me a certain way to you and you have drawn assumptions from that presentation... but that hasn't made me. I might be a failure dressed in a suit, giving the appearance of success.
Sometimes an assumption in ones eyes = what the person is in the eyes of another. If i see a guy dressed like a bum on the streets ima assume and believe he's a bum. You are who people say you are. Forget all the self confidence +**%. If people think your unreliable that makes you unreliable.

DRESS GAME IS VERY IMPORTANT IN TODAY'S STANDARDS
very good point. exactly how I see it.

Originally Posted by JayJay414

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

(Your gangster is not defined)
Your gangster is not defined by how low your jeans fall by your waist, but more how your genes stand over his expectations. Never forget where you came from.
(Your gangster)
Your gangster is not defined by how many rocks are in your watch, but rather how many rocks you move while on your watch.
(Gangsters, hustlers, republicans, democrats, pimps and !!$@.)
Conservatives, labor, the seller, the buyer, the product, the producer.
(See you are what you are in this world.)
The gangster is absorbed and adored by those that don't understand the laws that govern gangsterment.
(Gangsterment)
Gangsterment allows you to make up your own laws and create brand new words.
This made me want to listen to American Gangster.

Clothes don't necessarily make the man but they are very important. Such as in a first impression, you don't want to be dressed like Ne-yo or the thugon the last page.

height and looks is all that matters. Having nice clothes is a plus to insinuate your essentials (noromo) but real talk, girls will not even bother speakingwith you unless your handsome or intelligent. If your okay looking and intelligent or funny then you still might have a chance but people focus on the way youlook. Like a man will hire a man in a suit than a hobo in the streets.

Do clothes make the man as perceived by himself? No.

Do clothes make the man as perceived by others? Yes.

That being said, you don't need to spend a ton of money on clothes since most people don't recognize the difference between labels anyway. It just hasto look good.

Originally Posted by geminifly

Originally Posted by kevL7

i think often times we buy all these clothes, not for the females, but for other dudes. cuz honestly how many girls really know what "In4mation", "Supreme", etc. are?
I have always pondered this...like dam, this chick doesn't even know Im killing it right now
grin.gif

Meanwhile, you'll be in the mall, dudes pointing at your shoes and what not, having a fit...its all backwards

women dress to impress women................so it could be possible.

Eh I just wear some levis
A couple of j's here and there
And a northface

Its kina ehhh w.e to me the way I dress

Back
Top Bottom