• NikeTalk will be offline for a system update tonight, beginning at 4 AM ET. We'll return at approximately 6 AM ET with a performance upgrade and some additional features. Thank you for your patience!

Does anyone workout by themselves?

I signed up for a new gym recently because my prior one was too far. Anyways I'm most likely going to be going by myself. I don't mind it, the onlything that sucks is that I won't have a spotter for the free weights.

i do, smh gotta stop at like 6 reps on the heavier weights with no spotter
laugh.gif

when im solo i just throw on the headphones, and do lighter weights/higher reps.. no prob for me

or if i need to do heavier lifting, just ask someone to spot me real quick

I love working out by myself. No distractions or having to wait for anyone FTW.

Its the only way I actually get done with my regime.

Get some headphones and you'll be alright.

i workout by myself most of the time. the only thing i need a spotter for is benching, and i switched to DB bench so thats not a problem anymore.

im not sure what free weights exercises you do that require a spotter, but you can always just ask someone nearby to spot you or just lower the weight alittle.

i do. all the time.

me and my ipod. i just throw on some Jay-Z and go to work like no one else is there.

When my workout buddy and I are back home from school, we hit up the gym together.
But if he's not there or I'm away at school, I workout by myself and if I need a spot I just ask for one and it's never been a problem.

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

what does "spot" mean?

i dont work out...
laugh.gif

just curious.
lol...usually someone willing to watch over the weight lifter for safety reasons.

example: i'm on bench pressing 200 and i ask a spotter to help me lower the bar and if he sees me struggling then he'll jump in and help

i do it at home, a lot of my buddies don't hit the gym as much as i do.

i'm fine with it but i would much rather lift with other people.....more motivation, easier to get a spot (if its just me and like 2 other people i'mnot gonna keep asking them to spot me like 5x, that's annoying) and we can kick it in between sets

Originally Posted by Truballa101

what does "spot" mean?

i dont work out...
laugh.gif

just curious.
lol...usually someone willing to watch over the weight lifter for safety reasons.

example: i'm on bench pressing 200 and i ask a spotter to help me lower the bar and if he sees me struggling then he'll jump in and help

thanks

i bench 4000lb errrr' day
pimp.gif

AKA

My car

no one needs to watch ma safety. they only watch my guns
pimp.gif

I do, havent really been to a gym since my schools gym. Ive managed to stay in shape since tho, im skinny tho.

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

what does "spot" mean?

i dont work out...
laugh.gif

just curious.

wow..

Thanks for the answer.
eyes.gif

douche.
laugh.gif
My bad. It's just funny that you've never heardof the term "spot."
To spot is basically to watch over the other person lifting.

Even if you don't work out, you should know that term.

StaXX wrote:

is this a serious question OP?

A LOT of people work out alone, and if you need a spot just ask somebody well not just anybody.

most people usually workout at the same times during the week thats how it becomes so social also, so even though i workout by myself i know the dudes in mygym anyways on some "gym associates" type

Sometimes I do but if you have a good workout partner it makes a big difference...at least for me it does, if I see my partner going hard I go extra hard andif he is slacking I try to motivate him...only downside is it takes a little bit longer because we use different weights

StaXX wrote:

+1. I'm pretty anti social at the gym. I go in, talk to the folks at the sign in desk...go to the locker room, go out and iPod is on. Idon't talk to anyone during my work out, only thing I'll say is "how many sets you got left, bro?" if a station I want is occupied.

I'm not the type to just talk about whatever issue with random folks.
laugh.gif

Besides, parking is only free for 90 mins.
laugh.gif

Only work out by myself, every time I work out with a friend I feel like I'm not getting my work in because I am watching over/waiting for the friend to bedone. I feel like if I am not there to support my friend as they are lifting, he/she will not be serious and lift improperly.

Originally Posted by Truballa101

what does "spot" mean?

i dont work out...
laugh.gif

just curious.

thanks

i bench 4000lb errrr' day
pimp.gif

AKA

My car

no one needs to watch ma safety. they only watch my guns
pimp.gif
this had to be one of the corniest things ever typed on niketalk.

Seriously.

Back
Top Bottom