Does anyone else ever be at work like "Yo, this can't be life"?

I have thought about leaving and finding a better job where i have more responsibilities and get paid more but the thought of me leaving and then going to a new job i might hate even more scares me.... but not only that but this is my first stable job because i have been there and done that where i worked for a lot of different companies and majority of them i was a temp and i didnt like the instability... so even though this is a grind and something i dont love but can tolerate i will keep it for now...i am looking for something within my company just different department but its been no bueno so far

Retail is like an America Rite of passage I guess it humbles you and allows you to appreciate when thing a get better. That being said if you aren't in school you shouldn't be doing retail, at least pick up a trade.

I started in retail.
Job at champs, then went to wells, took some time off, went to costco for a bit, then worked at a community bank, and now at another community bank cuz I got a better offer.

Started as a sales associate. Now a credit analyst.

Goal is to get into a higher position in the lending department.

Yall be alright, everyone starts somewhere

Don't waste all your energy on your retail job, just do enough to get by and get your money. Focus hard on your school so you can come back and slap your old manager with a stack.

Yeah right now.

^ simple life indeed.....learn how to bartend in some beach living close by just not giving a damb.

madd props to your friend

i respect that all day

i knew at a young age i was NEVER gonna be a office/cubicle worker, Im not diagnosed but i have too much energy for that life (adhd or whatever). I remember telling my father Im not gonna wear suits when Im older as a kid.

im off to a small business summit at 9am-12 today matter fact, hope to learn some stuff an meet some cool folks not to mention free breakfast at the golf course
Nice man. Good luck to finding your balance in life bro. Hope all works out for ya.

I started in retail.
Job at champs, then went to wells, took some time off, went to costco for a bit, then worked at a community bank, and now at another community bank cuz I got a better offer.

Started as a sales associate. Now a credit analyst.

Goal is to get into a higher position in the lending department.

Yall be alright, everyone starts somewhere
u work in the bay?????
u got the hookup on a home loan :nerd:

I drive the city bus...

I dont like it much, in the hood people look at you as if you made it when you got on your uniform and heading to work.

But dealing with traffic all day, miserable customers, idiots walking in the street, I feel I should be making more for all I tolerate.

But I do it. For now.. Hopefully I can move over to any other position. This is the worst in the city.

I drive the city bus...

I dont like it much, in the hood people look at you as if you made it when you got on your uniform and heading to work.

But dealing with traffic all day, miserable customers, idiots walking in the street, I feel I should be making more for all I tolerate.

But I do it. For now.. Hopefully I can move over to any other position. This is the worst in the city.

time out...u pushing that MTA bus? yo i heard you dudes make dumb bread, word to that union.

Bob Slydell: You see, what we're actually trying to do here is, we're trying to get a feel for how people spend their day at work... so, if you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah.

Bob Slydell: Great.

Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.

Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

thats me...but i work from home a lot, which is even worse sometimes

I drive the city bus...

time out...u pushing that MTA bus? yo i heard you dudes make dumb bread, word to that union.

yeah man.... the money is just OK. when people hear upwards of $20 per hour it sounds great... But annually its not so great.

if anyone is interested there's a test out right now open for filing.

This aint the ideal job for ME but theres dudes who been on the road longer than Im alive. Again I'm looking to be in the computer tech field so this aint for me forever.

So pass the word on to yourself or anyone willing to get out the hood.

I really hate my job. I make decent money to be 24 with no responsibilities, but I'm seriously thinking about quitting and trying to work towards the career I really want...or using that time productively to work on me, and figure out what I want to do.

I graduated college in August 2012, got a job a month later and been working since. Feel burnt out already smh. Could be worse though...but I know what I want.

This thread is exactly how I'm feeling. I'm pretty confident in my ability to get another job...matter fact over confident. But I don't want to settle and fall in the trap.

I think it's natural in life to get tired of what you're doing. You at one point applied to this job, so you at one time probably thought the job is gonna be good. Some people complain that they do nothing all day. Some people complain that they do too much work. Look at pro athletes, a lot of them are doing the job of their dreams and yet you still have a few that complains about their playing situations.

That's exactly how I ended up homeless. I was at terrific jobs after school (UN finished) but yea I would be at work putting thought into the fact I hated working and I began following these thoughts plus I had at home kitty MORE LIKE "Garfield" next thing I know I'm smoking weed all day and playing 2k and COD online selling drugs ... Tru Story.

Please don't let it get to you. Trust & Believe that

i think this thread also speaks to an overlooked inherent problem with the higher education system. not only do colleges peddle degrees that offer little or no return on investment, aka a job that offers growth and sustainable/comfortable salary, we don't encourage students to study in fields that cater to their interests that also offers a sustainable future.

i think in the end, this social question is ambiguous...there isn't a one reason fits all.

Back
Top Bottom