Doc Rivers vol. Let it go Doc

Ifs, ifs, ifs....Sheed did play pretty well in Game 7. Who knows how the game would have been different? Perk certainly would have changed the dynamic, but it may not have been for the better. So Doc and Celtics fans, shut up. Yall blew it in the 4th qtr.

Lakers fans seem to be the only ones upset over the comment. 
laugh.gif

Its as if anytime someone says something that can in any way be taken as a negative comment the fans flip out. 

laugh.gif

Its as if anytime someone says something that can in any way be taken as a negative comment the fans flip out. 

Originally Posted by Durden7

laugh.gif
Well....uh.....let me see.......did he say something about the Denver Nuggets?  No, no, didn't mention them.  Um.......did he talk about the Heat?  No, no, their fans have no reason to comment.........see, who else?  Um, well, he didn't talk about the 76ers either......or the 49ers for that matter, so um....yeah, who the @#$^ do you think is gonna comment on this subject? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Are you people really that desperate to make a Laker fan joke that you climb into a thread that is being talked ABOUT THE LAKERS and then use one of a million corny lame @#$ lines? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I expect this from Acid, but not from you Durden, come on. 

laugh.gif
Well....uh.....let me see.......did he say something about the Denver Nuggets?  No, no, didn't mention them.  Um.......did he talk about the Heat?  No, no, their fans have no reason to comment.........see, who else?  Um, well, he didn't talk about the 76ers either......or the 49ers for that matter, so um....yeah, who the @#$^ do you think is gonna comment on this subject? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Are you people really that desperate to make a Laker fan joke that you climb into a thread that is being talked ABOUT THE LAKERS and then use one of a million corny lame @#$ lines? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

laugh.gif

as I should be, this is my team.
eyes.gif

correction: the comment is untrue anyway, so its really not worth payin attention to if your an LA fan....

Originally Posted by acidicality

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

correction: the comment is untrue anyway, so its really not worth payin attention to if your an LA fan....

He's right though.

The Lakers didn't beat a fully healthy Celtics team in Game 7 just like the Celtics never beat a fully healthy Lakers team in '08.

It's not like he's saying the Lakers' championship is tainted or anything, this is more of a motivational tool for his players.

Injuries are a part of the game, Doc knows this, everyone knows this.

Y'all Laker fans are just too damn sensitive.
laugh.gif

Enjoy your title and stop worrying about whether Kobe is the #2 SG or anything Doc Rivers says.

He's right though.

The Lakers didn't beat a fully healthy Celtics team in Game 7 just like the Celtics never beat a fully healthy Lakers team in '08.

It's not like he's saying the Lakers' championship is tainted or anything, this is more of a motivational tool for his players.

laugh.gif

Enjoy your title and stop worrying about whether Kobe is the #2 SG or anything Doc Rivers says.

Originally Posted by toine2983

He's right though.

laugh.gif

But that's not what he said.  I don't have a prob with him saying that we didn't beat their starting 5 this year, no prob, but don't say that you beat our starting 5 in 08 then, when you CLEARLY did not.  At least Perk played 5 games and a quarter.  Bynum/Ariza combined to play a few minutes in 2008, so don't go claiming that you won a ring vs our starting squad. 

That is the part I am responding too.  I have no issue at all with what he said about Perk bein out in 10. 

He's right though.

laugh.gif

But that's not what he said.  I don't have a prob with him saying that we didn't beat their starting 5 this year, no prob, but don't say that you beat our starting 5 in 08 then, when you CLEARLY did not.  At least Perk played 5 games and a quarter.  Bynum/Ariza combined to play a few minutes in 2008, so don't go claiming that you won a ring vs our starting squad. 

That is the part I am responding too.  I have no issue at all with what he said about Perk bein out in 10. 

CP1708 wrote:
Durden7 wrote:
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyone can make a comment regardless of what team they support.

I also wasnt trying to hop into a "laker" thread and make a desperate joke.  I realized that the individuals who took the comment personally were laker fans.  His comment really isnt a big deal or that outrageous of a comment, but individuals feel that its necessary to start playing the "Well if" game and hypothetically alter history. It is a trend I see here though.  The majority of Laker fans do get upset over negative comments about the their favorite team.  Its just what ive observed here.  Could it be because theres most likely more Laker fans than there are of any other team so theres a higher chance of hearing things like that?  Yeah, thats definitely a possibiltiy.  I dont know why, but its just what ive seen.

eyes.gif

This leads to a bigger, broader question.  (Do/Why do fans care more about sports than players do?)

Why should you care?

Youre just a fan of the team, so why would an opposing coachs remarks make you upset?

(You said that you should be commenting on it because youre a fan, but then the next thing you say is "its not worth paying attention to".... so which one is it?)

CP1708 wrote:
Durden7 wrote:
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyone can make a comment regardless of what team they support.

I also wasnt trying to hop into a "laker" thread and make a desperate joke.  I realized that the individuals who took the comment personally were laker fans.  His comment really isnt a big deal or that outrageous of a comment, but individuals feel that its necessary to start playing the "Well if" game and hypothetically alter history. It is a trend I see here though.  The majority of Laker fans do get upset over negative comments about the their favorite team.  Its just what ive observed here.  Could it be because theres most likely more Laker fans than there are of any other team so theres a higher chance of hearing things like that?  Yeah, thats definitely a possibiltiy.  I dont know why, but its just what ive seen.

eyes.gif

This leads to a bigger, broader question.  (Do/Why do fans care more about sports than players do?)

Why should you care?

Youre just a fan of the team, so why would an opposing coachs remarks make you upset?

(You said that you should be commenting on it because youre a fan, but then the next thing you say is "its not worth paying attention to".... so which one is it?)

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

If Laker fans think they would of still won with a Healthy Perk on the Celtics team is crazy

and if we would of had a healthy Bynum the "whole" playoffs that series wouldn't have been as close. Dude could barely run down the damn floor without his knee drained. Injuries are a part of the game,and what ifs are just that what ifs, we don't know.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

If Laker fans think they would of still won with a Healthy Perk on the Celtics team is crazy

and if we would of had a healthy Bynum the "whole" playoffs that series wouldn't have been as close. Dude could barely run down the damn floor without his knee drained. Injuries are a part of the game,and what ifs are just that what ifs, we don't know.

laugh.gif

This. 

laugh.gif

This. 

Back
Top Bottom