Do you think Tiger Woods is done?

^but it's a hell of a lot closer to actually being over for Fed than Tiger. Tiger will eventually get his game back

^but it's a hell of a lot closer to actually being over for Fed than Tiger. Tiger will eventually get his game back

Yes but the point was we would get those articles after Federer lost even 4 years ago. It's hilarious. And it happens each loss.

I agree because it's tennis Federer is not in the same current situation as Woods though ya no doubt.

As for this question too, we also gotta remember Woods went the last half of 2002, the entire 2003 and entire 2004 w/o winning a major. Everyone was asking if he was done and too injured. He then rips off five more majors the next three years.

Yes but the point was we would get those articles after Federer lost even 4 years ago. It's hilarious. And it happens each loss.

I agree because it's tennis Federer is not in the same current situation as Woods though ya no doubt.

As for this question too, we also gotta remember Woods went the last half of 2002, the entire 2003 and entire 2004 w/o winning a major. Everyone was asking if he was done and too injured. He then rips off five more majors the next three years.

no. HELLLLLLL NO

he's just in a slump. happens to everyone (maybe not in his circumstances, but a slump nontheless. sure many golfers have never recovered from their slumps ie. david duval but tiger is too damn good to just fall off the face of the earth). you seriously cant expect him to win EVERY single event he competes in, golf isnt like that. yeah it seems like he's won every other tournament he's played in in the past, but thats only because he's a freak of nature

trust me, he'll be back in full form. maybe not this year cause of all the stuff thats been going on, but he will be back

no. HELLLLLLL NO

he's just in a slump. happens to everyone (maybe not in his circumstances, but a slump nontheless. sure many golfers have never recovered from their slumps ie. david duval but tiger is too damn good to just fall off the face of the earth). you seriously cant expect him to win EVERY single event he competes in, golf isnt like that. yeah it seems like he's won every other tournament he's played in in the past, but thats only because he's a freak of nature

trust me, he'll be back in full form. maybe not this year cause of all the stuff thats been going on, but he will be back

Not at all...

Just give him some time to bounce back. His whole life was turned upside down, that's going to have a big affect on your game.

Not at all...

Just give him some time to bounce back. His whole life was turned upside down, that's going to have a big affect on your game.

Nope! Woods isn't done...
I think he'll start winning again, and the old Tiger back probably 2012 or late 2011...

Nope! Woods isn't done...
I think he'll start winning again, and the old Tiger back probably 2012 or late 2011...

Once the whole divorce thing blows over and Tiger starts running up in women again, the winning ways will return.

Once the whole divorce thing blows over and Tiger starts running up in women again, the winning ways will return.

I damn near feel like Tiger needs to smash random chicks on a daily basis to get his mojo back.
laugh.gif

Had a lengthy discussion on this topic last night while on the radio.

1.) Everybody thinks he can replicate 2000. Little known fact, At pebble beach tiger put into play a prototype nike ball which would become the first solid core golf ball. He was quoted as saying it was easily a club longer than his old ball. Couple that with an aging PGA tour, a shorter Pebble course and an unbelievable putting year then you have the makings for domination. His putting stats were out of this world that year.

2.) People love to mention the past few years and YE Yang chasing him down. Tiger played the last 54 holes of that tournament at -1 while Yang went off and was -13. Not to mention that he chipped in for 2 on the par 3 17th and hit an incredible 3 hybrid to within a few feet on 18. All this and he still only beat Tiger by 1! Tiger didn't lose it, Yang had a career magical day.

3.) His driving statistics in 2007 and before were a lot better than now. Since then he has toyed with different head/shaft combos and seems to have gotten uncomfortable with his driver. Give him a chance to figure out his driver.

4.) I don't care who you are. If you have a bad day with the GF or at work it can effect your golf game. Even if you treat it as a job or a getaway it will effect you. I know plenty of single digit handicaps who went through divorces and couldn't break 80. I also know people who have personal problems that have led to poor performance on the job. Whether you look at golf as his recreation or livelihood then you can understand how it can be effected, even if he says it isn't.

All in all I would say it is too soon to say he is done. I would give it at least a year or 6 months after his divorce is finalized to look at whether he is done or not. Look at Phil, he was won all his majors past the age that Woods is now. So it is still very very early.

Had a lengthy discussion on this topic last night while on the radio.

1.) Everybody thinks he can replicate 2000. Little known fact, At pebble beach tiger put into play a prototype nike ball which would become the first solid core golf ball. He was quoted as saying it was easily a club longer than his old ball. Couple that with an aging PGA tour, a shorter Pebble course and an unbelievable putting year then you have the makings for domination. His putting stats were out of this world that year.

2.) People love to mention the past few years and YE Yang chasing him down. Tiger played the last 54 holes of that tournament at -1 while Yang went off and was -13. Not to mention that he chipped in for 2 on the par 3 17th and hit an incredible 3 hybrid to within a few feet on 18. All this and he still only beat Tiger by 1! Tiger didn't lose it, Yang had a career magical day.

3.) His driving statistics in 2007 and before were a lot better than now. Since then he has toyed with different head/shaft combos and seems to have gotten uncomfortable with his driver. Give him a chance to figure out his driver.

4.) I don't care who you are. If you have a bad day with the GF or at work it can effect your golf game. Even if you treat it as a job or a getaway it will effect you. I know plenty of single digit handicaps who went through divorces and couldn't break 80. I also know people who have personal problems that have led to poor performance on the job. Whether you look at golf as his recreation or livelihood then you can understand how it can be effected, even if he says it isn't.

All in all I would say it is too soon to say he is done. I would give it at least a year or 6 months after his divorce is finalized to look at whether he is done or not. Look at Phil, he was won all his majors past the age that Woods is now. So it is still very very early.

If there is such a thing as Karma, then it finally caught up with Tiger.
Most of you are too young to remember when Payne Stewart died in the plane crash.
Tiger was the ONLY golfer that didn't attend the service they held for him before that tourny.
It's not that he didn't show that was so disgusting. It was that while all the golfers were
mourning one of the greats in the sport, that punk was in the background by himself on
the golf course practicing DURING THE MEMORIAL! He only went out that weekend
and destroyed the field by like double digit strokes if I remember right. He was going
to win anyway, but it was cool because he showed the world his true colors that day.

If there is such a thing as Karma, then it finally caught up with Tiger.
Most of you are too young to remember when Payne Stewart died in the plane crash.
Tiger was the ONLY golfer that didn't attend the service they held for him before that tourny.
It's not that he didn't show that was so disgusting. It was that while all the golfers were
mourning one of the greats in the sport, that punk was in the background by himself on
the golf course practicing DURING THE MEMORIAL! He only went out that weekend
and destroyed the field by like double digit strokes if I remember right. He was going
to win anyway, but it was cool because he showed the world his true colors that day.

Back
Top Bottom