Do you think this is kind of dirty of my landloard or am I tripping?

Ok I live in a condo and my lease ends May 31 but I forget to give my Landlord a 30 day notice of when I would vacate (I figured I just bounce when my lease was up).
She sends me an Email asking what I planned on doing and brought uup Renewing the Lease, Moving to Month to Month or leaving.

I told her I was in the process of applying to a gig in the city and since I forgot to send a notice I would vacate June 20th and I would pay the charge to live there during the time (prorated month of rent), and I ask her If I do so happen to get this gig can I renew the lease, and she doesnt respond ( that was the last email I sent)

So I`m at the crib chilling and some dude and his kid comes to the door like "hey I hear your condo is for rent" And Im like
grin.gif
now the unit next door was for rent and someone just moved in last night so I figured he was talking about that.

So later I just look on my Landlords website and see that they have my condo up for advertisement.
indifferent.gif

I understand this is a business, but couldnt they waited till I bounce to put the unit up? I mean they cant even give tours cause my crap is in the house.

Ok I live in a condo and my lease ends May 31 but I forget to give my Landlord a 30 day notice of when I would vacate (I figured I just bounce when my lease was up).
She sends me an Email asking what I planned on doing and brought uup Renewing the Lease, Moving to Month to Month or leaving.

I told her I was in the process of applying to a gig in the city and since I forgot to send a notice I would vacate June 20th and I would pay the charge to live there during the time (prorated month of rent), and I ask her If I do so happen to get this gig can I renew the lease, and she doesnt respond ( that was the last email I sent)

So I`m at the crib chilling and some dude and his kid comes to the door like "hey I hear your condo is for rent" And Im like
grin.gif
now the unit next door was for rent and someone just moved in last night so I figured he was talking about that.

So later I just look on my Landlords website and see that they have my condo up for advertisement.
indifferent.gif

I understand this is a business, but couldnt they waited till I bounce to put the unit up? I mean they cant even give tours cause my crap is in the house.

Originally Posted by Buscape

How else are they going to get people to move in starting in July though?

I mean I understand that, but they could have put available on so and so date, idk I just guess I`m weird out by ol dude coming to my crib without me knowing,

Originally Posted by Buscape

How else are they going to get people to move in starting in July though?

I mean I understand that, but they could have put available on so and so date, idk I just guess I`m weird out by ol dude coming to my crib without me knowing,

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

lucky...most require 60 day

its my first apartment, and if it was so urgent she could have sent an email 30 days prior asking me what I planned on doing. Hell I figured My 31 I just bounced and dropped off the keys.Only reason I gave the June 20 date is cause I did see a gig in the city I was tryna get on at and just cause it would have been 30 days cause I was really going to bounce that week.

I live in a tourist city, trust me it wont take long for this unit to sell. It kind of made me iffy about renewing the lease if I do get the job, idk maybe I`m tripping.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

lucky...most require 60 day

its my first apartment, and if it was so urgent she could have sent an email 30 days prior asking me what I planned on doing. Hell I figured My 31 I just bounced and dropped off the keys.Only reason I gave the June 20 date is cause I did see a gig in the city I was tryna get on at and just cause it would have been 30 days cause I was really going to bounce that week.

I live in a tourist city, trust me it wont take long for this unit to sell. It kind of made me iffy about renewing the lease if I do get the job, idk maybe I`m tripping.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

I agree it was a little dirty of your landlord ... Responding to the email at least

My thing is If I get this Job I would have no problem renewing, hell I got furniture here, and the job is 10 min away. But that made me kind of iffy about dealing with these people. I mean always paid rent on time, never caused any problems I mean I did talk her down 50 bucks on the rent, and hell they still making profit.

I dont see the big deal of if I do get the job I just pay the difference for the month, since I`m already paying majority of Junes rent. Feel me, hell  with me being a recent graduate, youd think they'd understand, not like I`m living here free, they are still getting paid.

I agree it was a little dirty of your landlord ... Responding to the email at least

My thing is If I get this Job I would have no problem renewing, hell I got furniture here, and the job is 10 min away. But that made me kind of iffy about dealing with these people. I mean always paid rent on time, never caused any problems I mean I did talk her down 50 bucks on the rent, and hell they still making profit.

I dont see the big deal of if I do get the job I just pay the difference for the month, since I`m already paying majority of Junes rent. Feel me, hell  with me being a recent graduate, youd think they'd understand, not like I`m living here free, they are still getting paid.

edit* reread post OP, seems like landlord def should have contacted you. Was it your specific unit that was in the ad? By putting your unit up for advertisement basically is saying no to what you proposed, and kicking you out.

editx2: I guess you already know about the apartment business if you're jus graduating.

edit* reread post OP, seems like landlord def should have contacted you. Was it your specific unit that was in the ad? By putting your unit up for advertisement basically is saying no to what you proposed, and kicking you out.

editx2: I guess you already know about the apartment business if you're jus graduating.

Your landlord could have been a little compassionate to the fact that you're applying for gigs and unsure but like someone else mentioned it is about business

Have you tried to contact your landlord again? It would suck for you to land the gig and then not have a roof over your head

Your landlord could have been a little compassionate to the fact that you're applying for gigs and unsure but like someone else mentioned it is about business

Have you tried to contact your landlord again? It would suck for you to land the gig and then not have a roof over your head

I cant see when the ad was posted, but I`m going to mail the rent for June on Tue, and i`m going to send her an email about people are coming to the house but I wont say directly about the ad.  My thing is I hate when people dont reply to emails, cause I know she got it because we were sending emails as if they were text (I was on my phone responding to her emails)  but then when I ask her about working something out in regard to me renewing she doesnt reply.

I cant see when the ad was posted, but I`m going to mail the rent for June on Tue, and i`m going to send her an email about people are coming to the house but I wont say directly about the ad.  My thing is I hate when people dont reply to emails, cause I know she got it because we were sending emails as if they were text (I was on my phone responding to her emails)  but then when I ask her about working something out in regard to me renewing she doesnt reply.

You should have just gone month to month without telling her anything, and if you decided to dip, the provide a notice. You're basically giving her a pending 30 day notice so she may let prospective buyers know that it is not guaranteed.

You should have just gone month to month without telling her anything, and if you decided to dip, the provide a notice. You're basically giving her a pending 30 day notice so she may let prospective buyers know that it is not guaranteed.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

If i went month to month I would have had to pay an extra 100 dollars to the rent, lol Im good on that, cause If I dont get the job Im heading straight home and I would have a few extra hundred in my pocket.

Idk like I said this is my first time renting so I guess this is how the business goes. Luckily I found someone that wants my furniture, and what ever they dont take  I will call Goodwill and the Salvation Army and have them pick it up.

Back
Top Bottom