Do you think the XIs are overrated?

I like them, but I think they are one of the biggest hypebeast shoes ever. If you put them all brown with fur people would still buy them just because the fact its an XI.

I like them, but I think they are one of the biggest hypebeast shoes ever. If you put them all brown with fur people would still buy them just because the fact its an XI.

I like them also and they are in fact a very hyped up shoe. To me, most of the time they are overrated due to hype.

I like them also and they are in fact a very hyped up shoe. To me, most of the time they are overrated due to hype.

These are the most well put together shoe ever It's a mutual shoe that can be worn on the court, on Formal occasions, casually, and any other way you want.

No other Jordan shoe ever has as much hype, as many people camping out , as many fights , as many new and old collectors waiting on this shoe to release , as many resellers counting down the days until they buy them just to sell them at the most ridiculous prices as the Jordan 11's! And as many people say it is overrated or overhyped, which they could be, you "WILL" still see them in line waiting for them to drop, counting down to the very last second online until they can try to order as many as they can, or bribing their hook-ups to hold them a pair. But that's just my opinion

These are the most well put together shoe ever It's a mutual shoe that can be worn on the court, on Formal occasions, casually, and any other way you want.

No other Jordan shoe ever has as much hype, as many people camping out , as many fights , as many new and old collectors waiting on this shoe to release , as many resellers counting down the days until they buy them just to sell them at the most ridiculous prices as the Jordan 11's! And as many people say it is overrated or overhyped, which they could be, you "WILL" still see them in line waiting for them to drop, counting down to the very last second online until they can try to order as many as they can, or bribing their hook-ups to hold them a pair. But that's just my opinion

Originally Posted by babyJs23

No other Jordan shoe ever has as much hype, as many people camping out , as many fights , as many new and old collectors waiting on this shoe to release , as many resellers counting down the days until they buy them just to sell them at the most ridiculous prices as the Jordan 11's! And as many people say it is overrated or overhyped, which they could be, you "WILL" still see them in line waiting for them to drop , counting down to the very last second online until they can try to order as many as they can , or bribing their hook-ups to hold them a pair. But that's just my opinion

You should post like that in the General Section and tell me what happens...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by babyJs23

No other Jordan shoe ever has as much hype, as many people camping out , as many fights , as many new and old collectors waiting on this shoe to release , as many resellers counting down the days until they buy them just to sell them at the most ridiculous prices as the Jordan 11's! And as many people say it is overrated or overhyped, which they could be, you "WILL" still see them in line waiting for them to drop , counting down to the very last second online until they can try to order as many as they can , or bribing their hook-ups to hold them a pair. But that's just my opinion

You should post like that in the General Section and tell me what happens...
laugh.gif

I felt that the cool grey 11s from this year was OD overrated and I still do......Everybody went super hard for them (Nohomo)  when I didn't even think they was that serious, IMO of course.

I felt that the cool grey 11s from this year was OD overrated and I still do......Everybody went super hard for them (Nohomo)  when I didn't even think they was that serious, IMO of course.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

No not really

Jordans were very popular before the XI but the AJ XI took Jordans to an iconic level. It changed sneaker collecting. And its not really about the 72 season either, they were sought from the first time he wore them against the Magic in 1995 Playoffs. They were just so different.
I think that was a huge part of what created the hype back then.  At that time, the world was suffering from MJ withdrawl.  He left the NBA so abruptly, and while at the peak of his game no less.  When he came back, the hype and obsession of anything MJ promoted was increased 10 fold because people were so hungry for the comeback and everything that went with the Jordan era.  I still remember the huge upswing in values for his basketball cards when he made the announcement, and the stupid prices (in comparison to past "common cards" of his) for the first cards that came out with him in the #45 jersey.  It only stands to reason that the latest AJs to come out since his comeback would also be a major consumerist target.

However, this does not mean they're not overrated, or overhyped today.  The vast majority of the current AJ XI buyers have no clue about any of this, much less have a connection to the events.  In reality, the AJ XI got the same mixed reviews back in the day as any AJ did upon original release.  While many of us here talk about what a clean and classic design they are, many others used to say they were the most hideous thing they've ever seen, so claims like "they're the best AJs ever", or "definitely should be in any collection" don't really hold water.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

No not really

Jordans were very popular before the XI but the AJ XI took Jordans to an iconic level. It changed sneaker collecting. And its not really about the 72 season either, they were sought from the first time he wore them against the Magic in 1995 Playoffs. They were just so different.
I think that was a huge part of what created the hype back then.  At that time, the world was suffering from MJ withdrawl.  He left the NBA so abruptly, and while at the peak of his game no less.  When he came back, the hype and obsession of anything MJ promoted was increased 10 fold because people were so hungry for the comeback and everything that went with the Jordan era.  I still remember the huge upswing in values for his basketball cards when he made the announcement, and the stupid prices (in comparison to past "common cards" of his) for the first cards that came out with him in the #45 jersey.  It only stands to reason that the latest AJs to come out since his comeback would also be a major consumerist target.

However, this does not mean they're not overrated, or overhyped today.  The vast majority of the current AJ XI buyers have no clue about any of this, much less have a connection to the events.  In reality, the AJ XI got the same mixed reviews back in the day as any AJ did upon original release.  While many of us here talk about what a clean and classic design they are, many others used to say they were the most hideous thing they've ever seen, so claims like "they're the best AJs ever", or "definitely should be in any collection" don't really hold water.

Back
Top Bottom