Do you think the XIs are overrated?

To my recollection cool grey Xi's were the first jordan Retro to sell out in 1 day. 99 iv's, 2000 V's, infrared vi's, concords and spacejams definitely didn't sell out quick, I got my 2000 concords on sale as a matter of fact. Too young to remember the 94 retros but I'm sure they didn't sell out in a day.

To my recollection cool grey Xi's were the first jordan Retro to sell out in 1 day. 99 iv's, 2000 V's, infrared vi's, concords and spacejams definitely didn't sell out quick, I got my 2000 concords on sale as a matter of fact. Too young to remember the 94 retros but I'm sure they didn't sell out in a day.

^^great video
pimp.gif
No the XI's are not overrated.

Originally Posted by eltouha

i love the xi. it is one of my most favorite shoes of all time, but i must admit the hype around them is ridiculous. overrated for sure.

Originally Posted by eltouha

i love the xi. it is one of my most favorite shoes of all time, but i must admit the hype around them is ridiculous. overrated for sure.

In one word...... yes........ the XI's are over rated that being said I have bout into the hype and purchased space jams, cool greys, and cdp 11/12 (I dont care at all for the 12's). To me the 4's are the best Jordan hands down (disclosure I am old and that was my 1st OG pair bought with my 1st paycheck)

In one word...... yes........ the XI's are over rated that being said I have bout into the hype and purchased space jams, cool greys, and cdp 11/12 (I dont care at all for the 12's). To me the 4's are the best Jordan hands down (disclosure I am old and that was my 1st OG pair bought with my 1st paycheck)

never.favorite of all time but i can never bring myself to wearing them.just to nice to ruin.

never.favorite of all time but i can never bring myself to wearing them.just to nice to ruin.

I remember Craig Sager showing them off on TNT during a courtside segment at Game 2 of the 1995 Eastern Conference Semis. And my jaw slowly dropping.

I remember the Nike print ad with the single photo of the shoe and that phone number to listen to a recording of Spike Lee. Drooling.

I remember saving up enough money to buy a pair just before basketball season started.

And I remember my pair feeling like no other shoe I'd worn before, so responsive and stable.

Nothing else compared.

The Air Jordan XI has earned its iconic status.

So in my opinion - and from my point of view due to my own memories of the original release - the shoe is far from overrated. It was so far ahead of its time its ridiculous.

(I know. I'm old.)

I remember Craig Sager showing them off on TNT during a courtside segment at Game 2 of the 1995 Eastern Conference Semis. And my jaw slowly dropping.

I remember the Nike print ad with the single photo of the shoe and that phone number to listen to a recording of Spike Lee. Drooling.

I remember saving up enough money to buy a pair just before basketball season started.

And I remember my pair feeling like no other shoe I'd worn before, so responsive and stable.

Nothing else compared.

The Air Jordan XI has earned its iconic status.

So in my opinion - and from my point of view due to my own memories of the original release - the shoe is far from overrated. It was so far ahead of its time its ridiculous.

(I know. I'm old.)

I also believe the XI's are overrated. It's a very classy shoe but I grew to love Jordans in the era where bright vibrant colors and designs were in....so I'm biased towards the III's through VIII's.

I also believe the XI's are overrated. It's a very classy shoe but I grew to love Jordans in the era where bright vibrant colors and designs were in....so I'm biased towards the III's through VIII's.

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by untouchable jc

No. I think the III's are overrated.
Man u trippin'. Neither the III or the XI are overrated and are very well worth the hype.

Nah man, they're overrated. Half the people who like them only like them because of how hyped they are. 
I'd gladly take a pair of XI's over a pair of III's. The XI's could possibly be the GOAT sneaker. These shoes cause riots my dude. RIOTS. 
You can say the same thing about the XIs that half the people who like them is because of hype, not the actual shoe. Just cuz you like the XIs better than the IIIs doesn't make the IIIs overrated man.
Imo both are overhyped and overrated, I know that I didn't say that at first, but whatever its true.. But yes I do like the XI more than the III's personally. But that still doesn't take away from the fact that the III's are just overhyped. 
The only XI's that are worth having imo are the concords, breds, and jams.I've just never seen the hype in the III's and I've had numerous pairs of them. 

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Originally Posted by untouchable jc

No. I think the III's are overrated.
Man u trippin'. Neither the III or the XI are overrated and are very well worth the hype.

Nah man, they're overrated. Half the people who like them only like them because of how hyped they are. 
I'd gladly take a pair of XI's over a pair of III's. The XI's could possibly be the GOAT sneaker. These shoes cause riots my dude. RIOTS. 
You can say the same thing about the XIs that half the people who like them is because of hype, not the actual shoe. Just cuz you like the XIs better than the IIIs doesn't make the IIIs overrated man.
Imo both are overhyped and overrated, I know that I didn't say that at first, but whatever its true.. But yes I do like the XI more than the III's personally. But that still doesn't take away from the fact that the III's are just overhyped. 
The only XI's that are worth having imo are the concords, breds, and jams.I've just never seen the hype in the III's and I've had numerous pairs of them. 

da III's were da first jordans wit a jumpman on em...not overated.

XI's i was around and remember when they went 72-10 and slaughtered da league with those on....DEFINITELY not

overated.

da III's were da first jordans wit a jumpman on em...not overated.

XI's i was around and remember when they went 72-10 and slaughtered da league with those on....DEFINITELY not

overated.

How can a shoe be overrated? They don't have stats that we can compare their hype with. Alot of people like them and will pay crazy prices. The end.

Back
Top Bottom