DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - Upcoming: Snow White, Mufasa, Lilo&Stitch, Moana...

I wished they at least added some difference to the story like The Jungle Book, but I'll probably like the movie regardless of what critics think.

Think of this as an HD remake that left off some things for DLC :lol:

So is it “bad”? I mean if you want the lion king, you’re getting lion king.

Literally not even entertaining that RT score. I know exactly what I'm getting into when seeing this next Thursday.

I think doing this movie would have been difficult no matter what direction they went. Shot for shot remake doesn't bring anything new but doesn't upset OG fans who want to see this classic brought to life again.

Realistic animals look great but don't give the heart or emotion of the cartoon.

I still plan to see it opening weekend and forming my own opinion.

I think doing this movie would have been difficult no matter what direction they went. Shot for shot remake doesn't bring anything new but doesn't upset OG fans who want to see this classic brought to life again.

Realistic animals look great but don't give the heart or emotion of the cartoon.

I still plan to see it opening weekend and forming my own opinion.

Exactly. I'm seeing it next Thursday right after work.

Somehow, I blame this on Beyoncé
th

I remember reading the reviews for Aladdin and thinking “wtf are they talking about”. Some of the negative reviews were things like: they didn’t develop Aladdin’s story too well.

Dude it’s a ******* remake of a cartoon. It’s assumed you know who Aladdin is.

Anyhow I think The Lion King will do Avengers numbers. Even though it was a copy of a Japanese cartoon :smile:

Uncanny valley, straight up...They got the CGI to look too real here to the point that making them dance and sing just looks off...

Listened to all the big songs. They all sound like emotionless, karaoke versions of the originals. Its the same problem they've been having with all the remakes.

Even the instrumental arrangements feel lifeless compared to the original.

Agree with everysingletime.

POTA had them emoting and it looked dope.

These guys just running around and seems like the music is background music and not the animals singing.

Back
Top Bottom