Dexter Season 8 - Premeres June 30th - 2min sneak peak

I think Deb ends up dying, Dexter eventually dying as well and Hannah going to Argentina with Harrison.

Saxon kills Dexter.

I think Deb ends up dying, Dexter eventually dying as well and Hannah going to Argentina with Harrison.

Saxon kills Dexter.

I hope they don't kill Deb. I've always liked her character. Wouldn't be so sad if Dexter died. He's been so careless lately. The older version of himself would be horrified by the mistakes he's made.

Dexter is a dark show, but I'm not sure it's dark enough to kill off Deb or Dexter. It's gotten to be a satire of what it once was. Can't see it happening.

Last edited:
do people just come in here to complain about how breaking bad is so much better than dexter?

It's funny, this show USED to have the tension that Breaking Bad does have, and has had for the past 3-4 seasons.

When Dex walks into that interrogation room, that should have been a :wow: moment. Nope. Even Michael C Hall was smirking. :lol:

When Saxon walks into his apartment, that joint should have become a hurricane. Nope. Mindless flirting. :smh:

In the end, that's where the writers fell. They didn't have a plan from jump, they just wrote week to week. Saxon, could, and should have been the ultimate nemesis for Dexter. Better than Rudy, better than Trinity. Vogel's son. Dexter's equal. In the shadows. Working for years, never even so much as a sniff of guilt. Dexter could have taken the Zach learning angle, only to see Saxson end that quick. This COULD have been right there for the taking.

Instead we get Powder, Deb quitting, Jamie sex scenes.........(well, those were alright) more of his kid, another chick for him to simp over, more clueless Angel, Mazuka's ******g daughter that serves no purpose, more Quinn who hasn't had a worthy story line since he was a crooked cop that Dex knew about, more Mathews doin nothin, and his ghost dad.

They've done NOTHING that they should have done.

On their own, season by season, the show has done "fine". Season 5 was better than 4 to me, because of the extra people, bigger matchups. But doesn't fit a big picture story. Hell, his chick is in Minnesota, knowing there's a serial killer in Miami.
6 was the Doomsday nutjob, with a ghost dad as well, awesome killings, etc, no big picture except that it showed Deb the truth.
7 was the end of LaGuerta, and the ruin of Deb. And a hot blonde.
And now 8. Deb was broken, and now is fine. Dex lost his blonde, now she's back.

They should have planned ALL of this in season 3, so that by the time we reached this point, it would all be ready, step by step. Seriously, last night's episode looked like the middle of season 4 or something. There's ONE episode left, and nothing is done. No one but Deb knows a thing. No hint, no question, nothing. Hell, the dudes lookin for Dex, are lookin for his girl, not him. :smh: Deb gets shot, in the side, AGAIN. Quinn, Mathews, Angel, etc have been around Dex the whole time, they've known and heard things from LaGuerta, not even the least bit curious to look into him. Deb just flat out lied to a federal marshall that she took Harrison to the hospital. They don't have cameras there? The marshall can't ask the receptionist to point out who brought the child? Could Deb pick the receptionist out of a lineup? :nerd: She did it like nothing. :lol:

I've enjoyed the show, but in the end, I feel like I enjoy more of what I would hope happened, or should happen, etc moreso than what the writers gave me. MY version of Dexter is better in my head than what was on screen, if that makes sense. And that's a shame.

Vince Gilliam would have made this show insanely incredible. He would have ruined all of us. Instead, we're all bored, and that saddens me.

My prediction.. Dexter dies w/ Hannah Deb lives and teaches Harrison the code.
I really think the chances of these types of ending are no longer an option. The writing doesn't seem like it's going for something poetic or anything resembling a cycle.

do people just come in here to complain about how breaking bad is so much better than dexter?
It's become like clockwork and it really is annoying now.
laugh.gif

Last night I found myself doing something I never thought I would; pulling for Deb. I didn't want to see her get iced. I just am hoping that Dex, Deb, Harrison and Hannah live. As bad as the writing on this show has gotten; I'd hate to see any of these characters die.

Well said CP, I don't think they ever planned for the show to go this long, but the money involved demanded it continue. I think they've been doing it on the fly for the past couple of years, and it's shown.

I just don't understand why they didn't plan out Dexter's ending better. When they thought of the story, it seems like they should have planned out the beginning and end, and then filled in the middle.

The two seasons after trinity at least seemed like they had a central plot and were planned form start to finish. Last season and this season are both so jumped around with random plot lines, some meaningless some relevant but w/o focus.

The two seasons after trinity at least seemed like they had a central plot and were planned form start to finish. Last season and this season are both so jumped around with random plot lines, some meaningless some relevant but w/o focus.

That's the thing, they were centrally plotted, but not with a bigger picture in mind. (Imo)

You can do each season with it's own storyline, but advance the overall plot. For the first couple seasons, they were doin that. The learning of who he was, advancement of Dexter, the evolving, his brother, sharing his secret, trying to become normal, trying to learn from Trinity etc etc.

Then Rita is killed, and he stopped, it became revenge kills, helping some broad he never knew, telling his secret again, and then in Doomsday season, they really gave up a "bigger" theme, until they reveal Deb at the end which was 7 seconds of great, with no real build up/prep work. Instead of leading him to wanting her to find out, or tell her, or whatever. Instead all we got was "oh God"

Like I said, on their own, the seasons play just fine. But to build up to THIS point, they serve ZERO purpose. And that's dumb. What makes Breaking Bad and The Sopranos and The Wire great is even in their final episode, it ties back to the first episode, or at least the first episode of the last season, etc. It full circles everything.

I don't see that coming with Dex. Will Rudy be there? Rita? His son sitting in a pool of blood? Dexter dead in a pool of blood? Hunted and tracked down by the people that trusted him? Doakes or LaGuerta? Hell, Harry looks like he just skipped out on the last show.

That's what we SHOULD be having. A culmination of everything all leading into the final moments. Instead we have one last killer, Argentina, a storm, everyone lookin for his girl instead of him, Deb shot, not a single cop suspicious of him, and when he leaves, he's not going to kill anymore? He's "cured?" Why? How?

:smh:

I dont eem mind the "cured" part. It should have ended here, without deb getting shot, this dude getting taken in, them on a flight to Argentina. Game over. But no, some Marshall is unaware that there is a serial killer all over the news, and then frees him. :smh:

I dont eem mind the "cured" part. It should have ended here, without deb getting shot, this dude getting taken in, them on a flight to Argentina. Game over. But no, some Marshall is unaware that there is a serial killer all over the news, and then frees him. :smh:
Yeah I find it pretty bad that some nurse receptionist can identify Hannah Mckay so quickly, while a US Marshall who's job it is to to find fugitives doesn't recognize the guy from news sawing people skulls open. And this was after a day had passed from when he was on the news. I mean I can understand a day-time cop not getting updated right away, but you'd think US Marshalls get a list of new and recent fugitives/high priority targets everyday.

Last edited:

agreed 100%.

the homie Lem probably died from being stabbed yet Deb stays alive from a gunshot. Wow can't wait for this show to end.

here's my theory on the Finale and  why i think Dexter dies for sure:

the whole crazy storyline of Dexter leaving the country and leaving Miami Metro, i think was just made up as a way for the writers to have everyone saying their sappy goodbyes to Dexter before he dies, making it more sad when he dies at the end, obviously if he were to randomly die, you wouldn't have all of these goodbye moments like we have seen with Deb, Quinn, Batista, Jamie etc...

so i think Dexter will definitely die in the Finale, but it will NOT be at the hands of Oliver Saxon, that would be too easy, and kind of lame because he has only been a character on this show for a few episodes.  

I'm also waiting for Mathews to reveal to Dexter that he has known all along who he really is. i can definitely see them having one last goodbye and Mathews telling him the news. he was too close to Vogul and Harry to not know, and he has made some subtle moves to help Dexter throughout the entire show.

Yeah nothing can save this show. Can't believe how sorry it is now.

Anyway I came across this vid of someone explaining what season 8 should have been
this is very similar to how im HOPING the show ends. whether Dexter lives or dies, i want everyone to find out his true identity.

Yeah I find it pretty bad that some nurse receptionist can identify Hannah Mckay so quickly, while a US Marshall who's job it is to to find fugitives doesn't recognize the guy from news sawing people skulls open. And this was after a day had passed from when he was on the news. I mean I can understand a day-time cop not getting updated right away, but you'd think US Marshalls get a list of new and recent fugitives/high priority targets everyday.

This really bothered me :smh:

This show is a part of what I call my "TV Viewing Life" (aka all the shows I watch week-to-week) and has been since I was in early high school, maybe even middle school. Yes, you guys are ALL one hundred percent correct, the show has fallen off. However, that being said, I like all of these characters and it's going to be pretty disappointing to see the show stop. I felt like that this show had the ability to fall off but was compelling and original enough to recapture the magic of the early seasons at some point, but they just never did.

1.) This season, Dexter has been VERY connected to a bunch of different people that have died, yet Angel and the rest of Miami Metro just keep saying, "Our condolences, sorry about your less, let us know if you can think of any vital info you could share with us" and THAT'S IT!!!! :smh: How dumb is this police force that he knew Cassie (neighbor/Jamie knows he went on dates with her), Vogel (who everyone knew he talked to), they ALL know he dated Hannah McKay the previous season who turned out to be a poisoner... but somehow Dexter gets let off because "How could he have known?"

The police force isn't THIS dumb, are they? :stoneface: As Deb would say, Come the **** on.

WHY isn't this season about everyone finding out? So there will be no scene of Bautista's reaction to Dex being right under his nose... Bautista finding out it was Dex who killed Doakes, Dex who put himself in a situation where LaGuerta was killed, etc. No scene where Matsuka finds out? QUINN? Jamie? COME ON. There's one episode left, and it seems like there's no way they'll be able to fit that in the way the story arch has gone this season.

[COLOR=#red]CP[/COLOR] (and others) talking about WHY Matzsuka's daughter is in this.... not everyone that comes in has to be a killer or somehow connect to Dex in the end. Throughout 7 seasons Matzsuka has been the creep of the office, always being the most obsessed with girls while actually getting the least amount of them. To me, it's obvious that the writers have written his daughter in, because he has that void in his life and ironically instead of filling it with a wife/girlfriend like we've seen him try to do since hte start of the show, in the end he ends up with a daughter who he has a great relationship with. I think that's actually a pretty cool way... logic would have been they would have written him having a girlfriend at the end, but they went this route and it's pretty neat.

I can see your point on the daughter, so then why have her in ONE scene for an entire episode and that scene lasts 7 seconds with like 4 words of dialogue? :lol:

She's a throw in character, taking up time/space when the bigger picture should have been focused on better.

You said it yourself, no reactions from all his close friends, where if we delete some of these wasted scenes with her, and Jamie, etc, then you have more time to develop those angles. (not that these writers would have, but they could)

I literally just kept waiting for the light to click on. I kept holding out hope. Ok, Deb finds out. Now it starts to roll downhill. Ok, LaGuerta is onto them. Here we go.....Deb kills LaGuerta, oh ****, now it's really gonna get thick. *record screeches*

Life is normal. Angle is back, 6 months have passes, LaGuerta just "died" in a container, ya know, like how Dexter was found Captain Mathews, with the dude that was connected to Dexter's mom being killed, and LaGuerta was only screaming that Dexter was a nutjob killer, but hey, nothing to tie anything together there. :smh:

And that was that. We entered the final season with them acting like any other normal season. No end game. No revelations. Nothing. Just another random killer vs Dexter. :x

Yep, if they were going to go "Dexter vs. Killer" route in the FINAL season, it should have been a twist where Quinn had been a serial killer the entire time himself, or Bautista, or whoever. Either that, or the route where he gets caught and has to look all the other policemen/detectives in their faces as they pick through their memories trying to grasp HOW, and if they could have prevented any of it.

Good point about Matthews, how does he not connect those dots. Retirement has shut his brain OFF. :lol:

Since it doesn't look like the two scenarios I described above are going to play out, I'm still holding out hope that Deb has been a figment of Dexter's imagination this entire time over the course of 8 seasons (like Harry) :lol: However, ou all are of course right though in saying that we've seen others talking to her. That would just be a curveball, and at this point in the show I'd rather be left shocked with something that doesn't make sense over what it appears they're going to do, which is nothing.

Back
Top Bottom