Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I heard of this Titan that is almost to Level 30 and will be by tonight.... 
nerd.gif
We shall see......this damn Platsteel armor pieces is a b*tch to try and farm and get to have enough for everything
sick.gif
mean.gif

If anything, I will just got materials from the 2nd chest or something.
If we don't get the chest though, I am orbiting on the spot and not killing Crota with you
laugh.gif

I heard of this Titan that is almost to Level 30 and will be by tonight.... 
nerd.gif
We shall see......this damn Platsteel armor pieces is a b*tch to try and farm and get to have enough for everything
sick.gif
mean.gif

If anything, I will just got materials from the 2nd chest or something.
If we don't get the chest though, I am orbiting on the spot and not killing Crota with you
laugh.gif
True. We need to get that 2nd chest this go around. 

I wonder if @illsupra  got that Titan to 20 last night. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yea man b/c we made it to Crota with 3 30s and 3 29s, we miserably, but we made it to him nonetheless.
laugh.gif
Damn that is ballsy in itself that you even got there with 29s and THREE of them!
eek.gif

We were talking last night ....the jump from 30 to 31 in terms of damage you can deal and absorb is a pretty noticeable jump.

Try the invisible blade dancer strategy.
Since the blade dancer can go invisible he'll be the sword bearer.
Just before he turns invisible he'll tell you to down crota. 
The second his invisibility kicks in he'll move towards crota whether he's down or not. (By this time crota's shields should be at 15-20%).
This maximizes the amounts of hit you can get.
Damn thats smart. the people I randomly joined yesterday had a warlock doing it was a mess. he kept saying let me know when his sheild is down and ended up jumping up when no one said a damn thing
laugh.gif
Yea the key to winning this fight is timing and maximizing your hits. 

I did it with a team full of gjallarhorns so once they all shot rockets his shield was already at 20%.

I still have no gjallarhorn though 
mean.gif

All I need is a chest piece from the vanguard peeps and I'll be 31, I'm 10 marks short of buying it, and unfortunately I hit the vanguard mark cap on Friday.

All I need is a chest piece from the vanguard peeps and I'll be 31, I'm 10 marks short of buying it, and unfortunately I hit the vanguard mark cap on Friday.

Use crucible marks to buy one from the vendor?

Or level up your vanguard rank if you're close and pray they bless you with a chest piece in the package from the postmaster?

Or level up your vanguard rank if you're close and pray they bless you with a chest piece in the package from the postmaster?
None of your characters are close to any faction gain? Like Ace said, even leveling with Crucible you can buy a chest piece from someone just to get it and level it.

None of your characters are close to any faction gain? Like Ace said, even leveling with Crucible you can buy a chest piece from someone just to get it and level it.

I only got 4 crucible marks so if I play crucible all day, I wont have the necessary marks to buy anything.

Lemme go check my faction ranks.

If you dont have maxed out tracking rockets, icebreaker or can yield the sword youre pretty much wortless in the new raid. It's a straight carry if you get on.

I can do all 3... 331 icebreaker, 307 gjalla, and an invisible bladedancing hunter. Just can't do it all :lol:

I'd still run VoG simply to get exotic drops.
not true I got two exotic drops from running strikes and bought another with motes
Yes, but you can also get exotics to drop in the raid. It is a change of pace. All I am saying is the VoG can still be somewhat useful.
You do realize Exotics from VoG are capped at the old level of 300? What's the point of having them at that level? Then you have to wait for the off chance Xur has an upgrade available for it every Friday, then spend two total exotic shards (14 strange coins) and 7500 glimmer to upgrade. Anywhere else you get an upgraded exotic drop for you except the VoG. I guess if you want to use them for extra Exotic Shards it wouldn't be that bad, but you could make 7 strange coins easy from blue engrams out of Tiger strikes. Aside from nostalgia, the VoG is an Ascendant Material farm and not much else.

I could see Bungie doing something like this
sick.gif

Raids
Crota's End

Fixed an issue where players could pick up the sword in the Crota Encounter. The Sword is now properly assigned to a random party member on the Sword Bearer's death.

I need to beat Crota asap I need some radiant shards for my guantlets need to get to 31 ! Who's doing it tonight? I'm free all night

People should not be glitching these bosses. There is nothing super difficult about any of the encounters in Crota.

The only thing I would glitch is Omnighoul because that nightfall and weekly is just a chore during the last part.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom