Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I bought the DLC last night, redeemed the code, and logged in to having the Tumbler sparrow in my mail
nthat.gif

I was just about to post about that Dragon's Breath and Apotheis Veil for Warlocks there in the pic
nthat.gif

76 strange coins and 2 weekly heroics to run this week for 18 more
nthat.gif

3 exotic shards on deck already too
nthat.gif

From Destiny Blog on Bungie's site.

The Dark Below releases on December 9th, 2014. This new content will expand the world of Destiny for some players. It will also change the experience of playing Destiny for all. To support the updates that will go live with the expansion, we have made changes to a number of systems that drive the game.

New Legendary Gear Existing Legendary gear on display in the Tower will be replaced New Legendary gear will feature higher Attack and Defense values Legendary items will still require Ascendant Materials for upgrades This new, more powerful gear will be available to all players of Destiny Legendary gear will not be as powerful as new Raid gear or Exotics

New Rank Commendations In addition to Crucible or Vanguard Marks, purchasing new Legendary items will require a Crucible or Vanguard Commendation Commendations are received in Reputation Reward Packages delivered by the Postmaster upon reaching a new Reputation Level

Exotic Talent Changes As part of the December 1st Destiny Update, Exotic Armor and Weapons no longer require Ascendant Materials for upgrades The final power node of all Exotic Gear will require an Exotic Shard This new material is obtained by one of the following means: Dismantling unwanted Exotics Purchased from Xûr for 7 Strange Coins

New Exotic Upgrading Exotic Gear in The Dark Below will have higher Attack and Defense values than current Exotic Gear. For players and their current caches of Exotics, a path will exist to bring them forward into The Dark Below. Starting December 9th, Xûr will offer players the opportunity to upgrade Exotics to the higher Attack and Defense values Upgrading an Exotic in this way will require an Exotic Shard The upgrade will reset the progression invested into the item Each week, Xûr will possess a selection of upgrades for existing Exotics in his inventory

Crucible (PvP) Changes Expansion I will include two new exclusive competitive playlists New Crucible arenas (Pantheon, Skyshock, and The Cauldron) will be featured in map rotation Playlists available in the Director will change week over week Experiences will alternate between 12 and 6 player engagements Map rotation will alternate between focusing solely on new expansion arenas and including original launch maps in the mix

Heroics and Nightfall (PvE) Changes With the Light level increase to 32, Heroics and Nightfalls will be increased by 2 Light levels to keep up with new content, level increases, and gear items

New Raid: Crota's End The new Raid, Crota's End, will unlock on December 9th Players at Light level 30 can lead a Fireteam immediately upon release The reward system in Crota's End will address some issues reported in the Vault of Glass: Raid loot in Crota's End will drop at a higher rate New Raid gear will contain a wider variety of potential perks
Weapons and Gear from Crota's End will not require Ascendant materials for upgrades Radiant Shards and Radiant Energy acquired in the Raid will be used to upgrade new Raid gear Unwanted weapons and gear from Crota's End will dismantle into Radiant materials Primary weapons will only drop in the harder version of Crota's End, released sometime in January

We are hopeful about the changes we're making to the way Raid loot works. We look forward to watching the streamers attempt to become the world first to complete the new Raid. Good luck!

I been so hyped up for it, I misread that lol. Yeah, it's an Exotic. Should be this DLC's GGhorn. We shall see though, once GGhorn is upgraded, it might still be the king of kings.
according to the stats they released before (like 2 or 3 weeks ago) the Ghorn is still better... on paper. But we shall see.

So if I'm level 29.5 now (need raid boots/gloves) and I do that new thing to upgrade my exotic helmet with shards or whatever, will I be level 30? :nerd:

I got a question will the raid rewards for hm vog stay the same after the dlc? Potentially having a group of level 32's do work?

So if I'm level 29.5 now (need raid boots/gloves) and I do that new thing to upgrade my exotic helmet with shards or whatever, will I be level 30? :nerd:
I was thinking that to. My guess is yes because most likely the new exotic gear will.up to light lvl 31 or 32. You fully upgrade it you might be sitting on a high 30 or low 31

Thats how it should work. :nerd:

I got a question will the raid rewards for hm vog stay the same after the dlc? Potentially having a group of level 32's do work?

i think they will be raising VOG HM to level 31.

Maybe. But some people who data mined the game files found 2 sets of armor in VoG files and we only have access to 1. So maybe they'll give us the 2nd set for level doing a level 32 VoG or something like that.

Maybe. But some people who data mined the game files found 2 sets of armor in VoG files and we only have access to 1. So maybe they'll give us the 2nd set for level doing a level 32 VoG or something like that.

Highly doubt it. The original intent was to have an armor set per difficulty but they scrapped that. The way MMO's work is they phase out old dungeons. You can use the old one to gear you up for the new one, but it's no longer something you need to do nor should you if you want the very best gear.

Last edited:
Sweet RNGeesus I'm excited for the new DLC! I believe I have that whole week off too [emoji]128513[/emoji]

You can use them to level up the legendaries that don't drop in the raid though. The new shards/energy are just for the raid items.
I'm already level 30. If it's not getting me to 32 then there's no point in leveling it
laugh.gif

With the new exotic and radiant materials, ascendant materials have lost a huge chunk of their worth, which was the whole point.

Bungie made them worth less so that people no longer hoard them to use on the good stuff (raid armor/weapons, exotics).

This was done so that people like me will actually decide to fully upgrade their non raid/exotic gear instead of holding out for better.

With farming for materials no longer being necessary and ascendant materials no longer upgrading raid/exotic items one midas whale fully upgrade their legendary gear.

I'm just a little upset because after getting nothing but ******* shards/energy in raid after raid, all those shards/energy I got will soon be worth far less.

Which would make the time I spent in those raids, where the only usable items (ships, sparrows and chatterwhite do not count) I got were shards/energy, worth far less.

I can admit that this is a good idea though and I'm already over it. Which might sound funny since I just wrote an entire paragraph on it and said I was upset
laugh.gif

And this thing where you exchange an exotic shard and 7000 glimmer for more attack/defense but have to unlock the skill tree again is BS.

It's cool that there's an option to upgrade your exotics. It's a wonderful idea and making it available to even those who don't buy the expansion is awesome.

However, requiring one to grind through all the upgrades again for one damage/armor boost is completely unnecessary. There doesn't need to be a catch.

Have a feeling the new legendary gear fully leveled will get us to 31, and we need raid gear to get to 32. Otherwise, there's no reason to get any of the new legendary gear at all. This is the ONLY way Ascendant materials can stay somewhat relevant.

I'm not so much worried about the armor I just don't have enough free time or a consistent group to do hm vog so it takes way too long to beat and I need some of those raid primary guns.

like zero said, i think we will be able to get to lvl 31 w/o raid gear. just like we are able to get to 29 w/o raid gear right now. my issue is that this new legendar gearto get to higher light lvls will only be purchased once we get these mommendations making them harder to get. They make the heroic and nightfalls harder right off the bat but make it harder to get there? that sucks for guys like me that dont raid much

like zero said, i think we will be able to get to lvl 31 w/o raid gear. just like we are able to get to 29 w/o raid gear right now. my issue is that this new legendar gearto get to higher light lvls will only be purchased once we get these mommendations making them harder to get. They make the heroic and nightfalls harder right off the bat but make it harder to get there? that sucks for guys like me that dont raid much

The Heroic and Nightfalls have always been "hard" even 2 levels above 28. Its all relative, the game is expanding, so everything has to be increased. You can't increase max level to 32, but keep Nightfall at 28 :lol:

Game has been out for quite some time now, a lot of people are already 30.. I like it challenging anyway, makes it more fun.

The Heroic and Nightfalls have always been "hard" even 2 levels above 28. Its all relative, the game is expanding, so everything has to be increased. You can't increase max level to 32, but keep Nightfall at 28 :lol:

Game has been out for quite some time now, a lot of people are already 30.. I like it challenging anyway, makes it more fun.

Yea Nightfall is hard. Raid weapons make it easier but it still takes a lot of coordination. I mean Zero, Wright, and myself wipped 2 weeks ago during a Nightfall :lol:

We had a good laugh about it. Wright was AFK, Zero and myself thought that we could start clearing some mobs. Well, we forgot it was lightswitch and forgot to kill a few Vex and we'll you can guess what happened. :rofl:

Last edited:
Yea Nightfall is hard. Raid weapons make it easier but it still takes a lot of coordination. I mean Zero, Wright, and myself wipped 2 weeks ago during a Nightfall :lol:

We had a good laugh about it. Wright was AFK, Zero and myself thought that we could start clearing some mobs. Well, we forgot it was lightswitch and forgot to kill a few Vex and we'll you can guess what happened. :rofl:

:rofl:

I can't forget Fros and I, 2 maning Devils Lair.. I was a level 25 Titan at the moment (getting carried) lol got all the way to the end and hit orbit :smh:

I get making them harder at accommodate stronger gear but why make it harder to get that new leg gear?

Yea Nightfall is hard. Raid weapons make it easier but it still takes a lot of coordination. I mean Zero, Wright, and myself wipped 2 weeks ago during a Nightfall
laugh.gif

We had a good laugh about it. Wright was AFK, Zero and myself thought that we could start clearing some mobs. Well, we forgot it was lightswitch and forgot to kill a few Vex and we'll you can guess what happened.
roll.gif
I forgot all about that. I was running trying to catch up and was too far away from the action, and they sent us back to orbit anyways
laugh.gif

At least we all should have 300 level solar, arc, and void weapons to use now to help go through nightfalls a little easier

Yea Nightfall is hard. Raid weapons make it easier but it still takes a lot of coordination. I mean Zero, Wright, and myself wipped 2 weeks ago during a Nightfall
laugh.gif

We had a good laugh about it. Wright was AFK, Zero and myself thought that we could start clearing some mobs. Well, we forgot it was lightswitch and forgot to kill a few Vex and we'll you can guess what happened.
roll.gif
I forgot all about that. I was running trying to catch up and was too far away from the action, and they sent us back to orbit anyways
laugh.gif

At least we all should have 300 level solar, arc, and void weapons to use now to help go through nightfalls a little easier
I hate lightswitch. I always forget. 

Back
Top Bottom