Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

anybody but any member of the money team/quad let me know when yall running raids
We running tonight with you. Unless you really don't wanna run with us.
aint no tonight, ftl has an audit so im ther from 7pm to 7 am im just gonna lfg it
Damn Bruh, well if the LFG falls through I have another alt as does Boss, Biggie, Frost so we can run it again later this week with you. You shoulda told Quad Jr. that. He coulda waited until tonight...

HAVEN'T PLAYED DESTINY IN ALMOST 2 WEEKS SINCE COMPLETING MY MOVE TO MY NEW HOUSE.

I'M READY TO JUMP BACK IN.

CLIFF NOTES ON ALL THAT HAS CHANGED? THE LAST TIME I PLAYED, IT WAS A WEEK BEFORE THE NEW CHAT FEATURES WERE TO DEBUT.
@memphissfinest we can buy mats with marks now! No more farming in circles
smokin.gif
This is all you need to know ^ 
nthat.gif

anybody but any member of the money team/quad let me know when yall running raids

aint no tonight, ftl has an audit so im ther from 7pm to 7 am im just gonna lfg it
Damn Bruh, well if the LFG falls through I have another alt as does Boss, Biggie, Frost so we can run it again later this week with you. You shoulda told Quad Jr. that. He coulda waited until tonight...

We gotta an alt as well ..lvl 29 titan

We gotta an alt as well ..lvl 29 titan

We told jr last night no team carry anymore. The 29 is for TST. :lol:

I check this thread far too many times a day at work.

I'm hooked.

:smokin

I know part of it is because I'm still in constant "upgrade" mode, I just got to 29 so there's always something to work for, but man, this game has me captivated.

Been thinking about what alt to make once I'm done 30'ing this Titan. Had been leaning Warlock, and sort of sealed the deal when I got an exotic helmet last night to throw in the Vault.

Any recommendations on how you go about creating/running alts?

Last edited:
guess i'll just stop upgrading my red death, bad juju, pocket infinity, and truth

Glad I kept the second helmet and second Ballerhorn. Going to turn those in first to get upgraded fully and use my 300 ones for the time being. Then when fully leveled I'll get exotic shards for them.

Some key points I picked up from the article that are of interest to people if the link is blocked at work. I bolded some key points.

"Upon completing the story mission quest line, Eris offers two additional quest lines that carry the story past those missions with smaller, bite-sized events that you’ll track down in the game world. One of these quest lines provides a narrative path into the expansion’s strike, The Will of Crota. The other quest line provides a story lead-up to the expansion’s raid, Crota’s End."

"After the initial launch, Bungie noticed that many players were choosing not to fully upgrade their standard legendary gear, and instead were saving the shards and energy for the powerful gear that might drop for them in the raid.

To encourage players to embrace initial upgrades even as they wait for raid drops, ascendant materials are now used primarily to upgrade non-raid legendary gear. Raid gear is instead upgraded with radiant shards and energy, which are acquired in the Crota’s End raid. To put it another way, the raid has its own internally consistent upgrade economy.

In addition, if you don’t get the specific energy or shards you’re hoping for, Eris Morn offers an exchange, allowing you to trade in one for the other. Another way to get radiant shards and radiant energy is to break down unwanted items acquired in the raid.

Perhaps most importantly, the loot raid drops for Crota’s End have been refined from what we experienced in the Vault of Glass. Specifically, the game will pay closer attention to the drops you’ve already had, as well as how long it’s been since you get a “fun” drop (as opposed to just materials). While there’s still a significant component of randomness, Bungie strongly implied to me that players should have a more consistent reward experience with the raid than what has been experienced in Vault of Glass when the Crota’s End raid launches on day one of the expansion.

Looking ahead to 2015, players can expect that new raid primary weapons will only be available through the hard mode of the Crota’s End raid – set for launch in January.

Independent of raid loot, there are some new wrinkles involved in acquiring standard expansion-tier legendary gear. In addition to spending crucible or vanguard marks, buying new purple items now requires that you gain crucible or vanguard commendations. This reward is provided when you hit a new reputation level, and arrives via the postmaster. New legendary gear can be purchased by any Destiny player, regardless of whether you own The Dark Below."

Last edited:
 Bungie developers play the game alongside all of us on the retail servers, and don’t cheat to get ahead.

As a result, I was surprised by how many of the developers piped up with their own frustrations at Destiny before I even mentioned them coming from the community. Like the broader game population, several Bungie devs bemoaned the tedious work of farming for destination materials in the launch game. Another spoke about their frustration at waiting for raid boots to drop in the Vault of Glass after weeks of fruitless attempts. 
Zero, I thought you told me you had a different job than working for Bungie?
laugh.gif

After the initial launch, Bungie noticed that many players were choosing not to fully upgrade their standard legendary gear, and instead were saving the shards and energy for the powerful gear that might drop for them in the raid.

To encourage players to embrace initial upgrades even as they wait for raid drops, ascendant materials are now used primarily to upgrade non-raid legendary gear. Raid gear is instead upgraded with radiant shards and energy, which are acquired in the Crota’s End raid. To put it another way, the raid has its own internally consistent upgrade economy.
So basically all them shards and energy I got saved up are damn near worthless. Cool.

Bungie developers play the game alongside all of us on the retail servers, and don’t cheat to get ahead.

As a result, I was surprised by how many of the developers piped up with their own frustrations at Destiny before I even mentioned them coming from the community. Like the broader game population, several Bungie devs bemoaned the tedious work of farming for destination materials in the launch game. Another spoke about their frustration at waiting for raid boots to drop in the Vault of Glass after weeks of fruitless attempts. 
Zero, I thought you told me you had a different job than working for Bungie?
laugh.gif
Dey know my pain...
mean.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

After the initial launch, Bungie noticed that many players were choosing not to fully upgrade their standard legendary gear, and instead were saving the shards and energy for the powerful gear that might drop for them in the raid.

So basically all them shards and energy I got saved up are damn near worthless. Cool.
You can trade them in for the new stuff.

In addition, if you don’t get the specific energy or shards you’re hoping for, Eris Morn offers an exchange, allowing you to trade in one for the other. Another way to get radiant shards and radiant energy is to break down unwanted items acquired in the raid.

Back
Top Bottom