Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I literally got nothing accomplished this weekend :smh: ...but I do have raid boots from my normal raid run on Friday night.

Didn't even touch my alt ....literally wasted 3-4 hours on Evolve Alpha last night, which I was pre-ordering, but this experience caused me to cancel the pre-order this morning.

Last edited:
when upgrading armor do you guys upgrade the weakest one to try to match your other pieces or upgrade the strongest piece?

What you get from the nightfall Zero? Biggie got another Suros and he was mad. I had to convince him not to shard it
laugh.gif
sick.gif
I got some stupid dead orbit void fusion rifle. Though I must say it looks better than the 77 Wizard. 6 in the mag instead of 4. Might shard the 77 Wizard for it. Kinda wish I got this earlier so I coulda upgraded my hoopty instead with the Vanguard Marks. Raid Wishlist: Any armor. Timebreaker. Last Word. I'll be a very happy guardian if I get any of those.
Yea we almost wiped on the nexus boss. Damn minotaur splash damage got us. Had to pop the rebirth and got up and killed him so we didn't get sent to orbit
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 And to think I solo'ed that no issues not even close to wiping. It was weird though. If you just wait while the Nexus is blasting off at the mouth of the cave for a minotaur cycle, the Nexus will stop shooting and kinda wander. Then you can hit em with Heavy and sniper shots and it'll do some decent damage. Rinse and repeat. Just gotta be patient with it. I was cautious the whole run because I knew I couldn't wipe. 
laugh.gif

I literally got nothing accomplished this weekend
mean.gif
...but I do have raid boots from my normal raid run on Friday night.

Didn't even touch my alt ....literally wasted 3-4 hours on Evolve Alpha last night, which I was pre-ordering, but this experience caused me to cancel the pre-order this morning.
It's that bad? It looked pretty dope in the gameplay vids. 

If you can get that alt up to 20 by tonight, you can get in with us running the raid. Should be a speed run. I know y'all didn't want to raid on weeknights though.

Is there a rhyme/reason to the Patrol Missions and getting the public event to pop up? Played last night for about 45 minutes, did a bunch of missions and nothing showed up.

Also, it's clear I don't know enough about upgrading and whatnot. Had no idea about the 5000 XP stuff from @biggie62.

Also, I'm using NT as my source for getting up-to-speed on lingo. When you say "alt" are you just meaning a second Guardian? Like you started with Titan, but now you've got a Hunter "alt?"

I REALLY appreciate your help. My goal is to get all souped up so I can join you guys on raids, Vault of Glass, etc. soon. (Level 22 Titan right now)

Last edited:
zero23 zero23 We both need armor so we can do it on hard. I need chest and boots, and you need the whole set. I think this is the week that we can do it finally :lol:

Between 2 alts I mean come the **** on. 5 clears and only 1 raid armor :smh:

Is there a rhyme/reason to the Patrol Missions and getting the public event to pop up? Played last night for about 45 minutes, did a bunch of missions and nothing showed up.

Also, it's clear I don't know enough about upgrading and whatnot. Had no idea about the 5000 XP stuff from @biggie62.

Also, I'm using NT as my source for getting up-to-speed on lingo. When you say "alt" are you just meaning a second Guardian? Like you started with Titan, but now you've got a Hunter "alt?"

Well yes, but Zero23, Wrightone86, and myself are running an alt with the same class so we have double the chance to get drops, especially armor. One is still the main, but it just gives us a double chance of getting the stuff we want each week. VoG is a 1-1.5 hour raid if we get the right group in there.

@Zero23 We both need armor so we can do it on hard. I need chest and boots, and you need the whole set. I think this is the week that we can do it finally
laugh.gif

Between 2 alts I mean come the **** on. 5 clears and only 1 raid armor
mean.gif
If one of my characters don't get any raid armor again this week on normal, I'm making a third alt this week. IDGAF, I will get this garbage armor one way or another.

If one of my characters don't get any raid armor again this week on normal, I'm making a third alt this week. IDGAF, I will get this garbage armor one way or another.

:rofl:

Last night after we did the nightfall, weekly, and power leveling Wright's alt through some heroic bounties and such I had to call it a night. I mean I can spend next weekend and power level another Titan, but I don't know if i want to redo those missions again for a 3rd alt. :lol: It's only ~7 hours of actual game play to do it, so it's isn't terrible per say.

I was sick of destiny after last night though.

Last edited:
Well yes, but Zero23, Wrightone86, and myself are running an alt with the same class so we have double the chance to get drops, especially armor. One is still the main, but it just gives us a double chance of getting the stuff we want each week. VoG is a 1-1.5 hour raid if we get the right group in there.

Ok, cool - didn't know that about your party having same armor and rewards.

How about the public event during patrol missions? Pops up whenever, or can I trigger it?

Last edited:
I literally got nothing accomplished this weekend :smh: ...but I do have raid boots from my normal raid run on Friday night.

If you can get that alt up to 20 by tonight, you can get in with us running the raid. Should be a speed run. I know y'all didn't want to raid on weeknights though.

Evolve got server issues b/c its made by 2K so we couldn't even get it to even play ...even if I don't get my alt up, I'll try to run run with my main ...even did everything but beat Atheon, so I wont get any loot unless we get pass Atheon. We failed miserably on hard yesterday.

Ok, cool - didn't know that about your party having same number.

How about the public event during patrol missions? Pops up whenever, or can I trigger it?

There is a website that tells you when and where one is supposed to come out. I have it bookmarked on my personal laptop, not at work.

roll.gif

Last night after we did the nightfall, weekly, and power leveling Wright's alt through some heroic bounties and such I had to call it a night. I mean I can spend next weekend and power level another Titan, but I don't know if i want to redo those missions again for a 3rd alt.
laugh.gif
It's only ~7 hours of actual game play to do it, so it's isn't terrible per say.

I was sick of destiny after last night though.
It was a grind and not fun... Crota is right around the corner and I still don't have the garbage compactor poop brown raid armor? 
mean.gif

The good thing is once I hit 16 it was so fast to level up to 20. The main grind is between 4-12 and the Venus missions. Those are the worst. That Stranger's Rifle is a lot better than I thought though. It did WORK from 16-20. I kinda want a good Pulse rifle with a big clip. I think I could rock with it. I have a few legendaries in my vault. I'll have to pull em out and mess with them.

I literally got nothing accomplished this weekend
mean.gif
...but I do have raid boots from my normal raid run on Friday night.

Evolve got server issues b/c its made by 2K so we couldn't even get it to even play ...even if I don't get my alt up, I'll try to run run with my main ...even did everything but beat Atheon, so I wont get any loot unless we get pass Atheon. We failed miserably on hard yesterday.
Cool, We'll beat Atheon on Normal for sure. He's easier to beat than the Gatekeeper phase IMO. 

That was rough yesterday. I can't lie, I was burnt out from the past couple days of trying to cheese for over 3 hours. I bet we coulda beat him legit if we actually tried. We going to have to get a hard raid fireteam together to run through it legit. I know we have the right people to do it in the NT clan.

Ok, cool - didn't know that about your party having same armor and rewards.

www.destinypublicevents.com +/- 5 minutes for each time and events should pop up. Easiest one is the Devil Walker in the Divide on Cosmodrome. Literally at the 15 and 45 minute of every hour it spawns.

Last edited:
As Biggie stated last week, I believe we should start beating Atheon instead of tryin to cheese him all the time, especially on normal ...however cheesing the templar is so easy that I would not dare even try to fight him the regular way.

As Biggie stated last week, I believe we should start beating Atheon instead of tryin to cheese him all the time, especially on normal ...however cheesing the templar is so easy that I would not dare even try to fight him the regular way.
The Templar Cheese is too simple not to do. We did it for the first time last week and it was a cakewalk. Kinda funny actually. I still want to do the oracle phase from up top. It seems like the essential way to beat it without hiccups on hard.

Beating Atheon Legit is simple on normal. It can be done in under 5 minutes. Much faster than cheesing.

Yea Templar I want cheesed to get the 5th chest no doubt. However, Aetheon is a joke. For hard mode I want a group with maxed weapons and ready to beat him normally. If you don't have maxed weapons then I'm sorry you are a liability. You need to get to 29 and have them maxed out like all of us before. We have all grinded normal in order to do it.

BTW zero23 zero23 , I think running 2 people through the missions is better in the long run. We could do the harder version of the missions and we can complement each other. If it comes to you making a 3rd one let me know I might as well do it with you.

Yea Templar I want cheesed to get the 5th chest no doubt. However, Aetheon is a joke. For hard mode I want a group with maxed weapons and ready to beat him normally. If you don't have maxed weapons then I'm sorry you are a liability. You need to get to 29 and have them maxed out like all of us before. We have all grinded normal in order to do it.

BTW @Zero23, I think running 2 people through the missions is better in the long run. We could do the harder version of the missions and we can complement each other. If it comes to you making a 3rd one let me know I might as well do it with you.
Let's see what loot we get tonight in the raid. That will determine if I do the third alt. Then again, might as well do it this weekend. Three loot rolls a week are better than one.

Let's see what loot we get tonight in the raid. That will determine if I do the third alt. Then again, might as well do it this weekend. Three loot rolls a week are better than one.

I only want to run the raid 3x per week out of desperation, not because I want to :x

On a positive note, my Hezen is fully leveled, and I must say that it's pretty nice. I still want a Gjallahorn this week from nightfall or something.:smh:

Last edited:

I only want to run the raid 3x per week out of desperation, not because I want to
sick.gif
It's only going to be like that for a few weeks. Then we'll have all the raid armor/weapons we need and don't have to run the raid anymore unless its to get shards/energy. I'm talking 3 loot rolls for Nightfall and strange coins. 
laugh.gif
 Plus, then when the new raid comes out we have Alts that are ready to be plugged into the equation.

Around what time is everyone trying to raid? I still need to get my rewards from Aetheon. I'm down to start from the beginning cause I'm sure itll be quick with y'all

It's only going to be like that for a few weeks. Then we'll have all the raid armor/weapons we need and don't have to run the raid anymore unless its to get shards/energy. I'm talking 3 loot rolls for Nightfall and strange coins. :lol:  Plus, then when the new raid comes out we have Alts that are ready to be plugged into the equation.

And get all the new exotics and such :evil:

Around what time is everyone trying to raid? I still need to get my rewards from Aetheon. I'm down to start from the beginning cause I'm sure itll be quick with y'all
10PM EST. What level are you? Max Weapons?

Back
Top Bottom