Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

New Expansion photo leaked:

Destiny’s next expansion is called Rise of Iron, according to leaked marketing materials that popped up on Reddit last night. The expansion, which is expected in September, should be officially revealed at E3.

Two sources familiar with Bungie confirmed the authenticity of this poster to Kotaku last night. The Rise of Iron expansion will feature a new raid (likely Fallen-themed) and will be larger than the two year-one DLC packs, according to a source. (Of course, as The Taken King showed us, the amount and scale of content in a Destiny expansion can vary wildly and it may not be fair to compare this to previous DLC.) It’s not clear how this expansion is related to Destiny’s regular Iron Banner PVP event, but that appears to be Iron Banner maestro Lord Saladin brandishing a hammer (or axe) in the poster.

Rise of Iron’s raid is based loosely on the raid that was cut from last year’s House of Wolves DLC, according to sources. At one point Bungie had planned to launch it in April, but it was delayed a while back.

In January, as we reported earlier this year, Bungie moved its internal target for Destiny 2 from 2016 to 2017. Replacing D2 in this fall’s slot will be Rise of Iron, although it’s not clear what else Bungie will release between then and fall of next year. From what we hear, Destiny 2 was recently rebooted, with Taken King director Luke Smith taking the reins of that project in the wake of a Bungie staff reorganization.

Bungie has not yet returned a request for comment. We’ll see more of Rise of Iron in June.

via Kotaku/
http://kotaku.com/leaked-poster-reveals-destinys-next-expansion-rise-of-1777705438

Nobody is hardly on now :smh:

On XB1 at least.

They shouldn't have made it that easy to get to 335 light level.

Now everyone is maxed out and is moving on to other things :smh:

I'm still playing and raiding 3x a week on my 3 characters and now I'm PoE 3x a week too :smh:

But, I myself am about to fall back on Destiny even though I said this many times.

I got my first KEM strike in COD: Ghosts last night and was super happy, infected though :rolleyes

And I got killed before it went off.

If you want a challenge, you should try doing a normal mode raid with LFG.

I was running a friend who just got back from a year abroad. The people running normal at this point are horrific.I have never been more frustrated in my life. 
laugh.gif

Freaking no trials this week...the one thing I always look forward to running, especially since I feel like I'm getting better and gelling with raptornation raptornation and his bros.

Freaking no trials this week...the one thing I always look forward to running, especially since I feel like I'm getting better and gelling with raptornation raptornation and his bros.

I was trippin' until I found out I'm not in town for the weekend, so it was ok. But likewise, brother, Trials is really the only reason I'm consistently online. Stoked for the new stuff though. A Fallen raid is not anything I expected, and that gets me hyped.

You probably don't want to be in Trials this weekend anyway with the cocoon/clown cartridge glitch. Infinite Rockets all day err day.

Wonder how long it'll take them to fix it. They'll probably just disable Clown Cartridge or Cocoon until they can fix it. 

You probably don't want to be in Trials this weekend anyway with the cocoon/clown cartridge glitch. Infinite Rockets all day err day.

Wonder how long it'll take them to fix it. They'll probably just disable Clown Cartridge or Cocoon until they can fix it. 

Most likely Clown Cartridge, since disabling the other would FURTHER render the raid weapons obsolete.

Nobody is hardly on now
mean.gif

On XB1 at least.

Now everyone is maxed out and is moving on to other things
mean.gif

I'm still playing and raiding 3x a week on my 3 characters and now I'm PoE 3x a week too
mean.gif

But, I myself am about to fall back on Destiny even though I said this many times.

I got my first KEM strike in COD: Ghosts last night and was super happy, infected though
eyes.gif

It just means they'll make it a million times harder to reach max light level (whatever the hell that might be) when the "Rise of Iron DLC" is released in September..............then we'll be back to #StruggleSquad activities again

Most likely Clown Cartridge, since disabling the other would FURTHER render the raid weapons obsolete.

That Destiny youtuber TrueVangaurd be killing with the raid sniper defiance of yasmine :smh:

Nobody is hardly on now :smh:

On XB1 at least.

Now everyone is maxed out and is moving on to other things :smh:

I'm still playing and raiding 3x a week on my 3 characters and now I'm PoE 3x a week too :smh:

I got my first KEM strike in COD: Ghosts last night and was super happy, infected though :rolleyes

It just means they'll make it a million times harder to reach max light level (whatever the hell that might be) when the "Rise of Iron DLC" is released in September..............then we'll be back to #StruggleSquad activities again

Honestly I don't know if it'll sustain a userbase until September.

It's hard right now trying to find people to raid with :smh: even on LFG... on XB1 at least don't know about PS

The PS4's Destiny player base has kinda died too, but there is still constant LFG recruitments for raiding on the PS4 end.   XBL's Destiny player base isn't as big as the PSN side, so the decrease in active players is more noticeable there.

Granted, XBL players have the benefit of a "Halo alternative" while most PSN players' Destiny alternative is usually the big mainstream 3rd-party developer FPS of Battlefield or COD.

And oh yea, DOOM, Overwatch, and Battleborn just came out recently..............so "bored" Destiny players from both platforms are jumping on those bandwagons right now (considering The Division bandwagon has gradually become empty)

Last edited:
The PS4's Destiny player base has kinda died too, but there is still constant LFG recruitments for raiding on the PS4 end.   XBL's Destiny player base isn't as big as the PSN side, so the decrease in active players is more noticeable there.

Granted, XBL players have the benefit of a "Halo alternative" while most PSN players' Destiny alternative is usually the big mainstream 3rd-party developer FPS of Battlefield or COD.

And oh yea, DOOM, Overwatch, and Battleborn just came out recently..............so "bored" Destiny players from both platforms are jumping on those bandwagons right now (considering The Division bandwagon has gradually become empty)

I'm shocked how quickly the division has died off. But they have a lot of kinks to figure out on their own. But yea, a lot of PS4 players have tailed off. Zero, Wright, and myself do 3 person activities but to get a raid of NTers is hard now. Not that I really miss it anyway tbh. I mean this is similar to what happened towards the end of the summer last year, except the content drought occurred much much sooner. People will come back with the new DLC when it comes out just like TTK brought most back and brought even more in.

I'm shocked how quickly the division has died off. But they have a lot of kinks to figure out on their own. But yea, a lot of PS4 players have tailed off. Zero, Wright, and myself do 3 person activities but to get a raid of NTers is hard now. Not that I really miss it anyway tbh. I mean this is similar to what happened towards the end of the summer last year, except the content drought occurred much much sooner. People will come back with the new DLC when it comes out just like TTK brought most back and brought even more in.
TBH, the Challenge of the Elders weekly events have basically cause a decrease in raiding for most people as well........since they reward the same light level of gear as the Kings Fall Raid. 

And most people could end up finishing that weekly sigil within 2-3 hours, in comparison to the Kings Fall Raid which could take up to 4-5 hours at minimum.

Granted, the delay of Iron Banner as well as the cancellation of Trials this week is pretty much showing even more "decline" in Destiny gameplay.  Even with the lack of content, usually the weekends stay decently busy for Trials.  And we know how Iron Banner week is.

In all honesty, I only play Destiny now to rank up for the Crucible, Vanguard, and Faction packages on a daily basis...........with some Challenge of the Elders mixed in on a weekly basis UNLESS Iron Banner comes out that week.

Last edited:
Any suggestions on a podcast @RaptorNation
 ? The lore has always interested me as well, especially the Thorn story.

Ghost Stories: A Destiny Podcast

This is what I listen to on long drives to referee basketball games, or bus rides to work. I will warn that they start out slowly; the group is a bit inexperienced and seem a bit overwhelmed with their task. But I definitely urge everyone to stick it out because it is worth it. My recommendation is to start out listening to the episodes that would interest you the most. For example, there are 3-4 episodes that concern themselves with the Books of Sorrow alone, if this part of the lore is something that interests you listen to those first to get a feel for the podcasters. I think that would set you up for listening to the less 'exciting' information like The Iron Lords, Sleeper Simulant, and Subclass explanations.

Alternatively, if you're kicking around the house, I also recommend checking out My Name Is Byf (pronounced Bye-F) on YouTube. He has a playlist for his Lore videos which are significantly less time consuming, albeit less in-depth. But if you have limited time, check these out for a glimpse into what's out there.

So I just found out that Iron Banner is back..........................STARTING TODAY (as of the date of this post)

Last edited:
First round I got a 335 chest. 
nthat.gif

Just need a helmet and my hunter is done. All with only 1 raid completed after the update. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom