Dental Hygiene Thread - hate/love your dentist, hate/love your smile or you don't smile.

Currently have braces on right now. Will have it on for the next 2 years I think hopefully less. It will definitely be worth it though. I plan on either doing whitening either through dentist or try them kits then I'll be smiling like a %$*%@#+$*#%*. But as of right now I don't smile unless I'm cracking up at something really funny.

Proud as hell about my teeth. 

a7d25bd4a77fcb511dd59da5eb1ac2a8a477b45_r.jpg

Would post my method but ya'll aren't ready for it

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

PYT in disguise?

o8

i love pretty white teeth on a guy...i just stare at their mouth while theyre talking
laugh.gif

i would like to get my teeth whitened soon

had my wisdom teeth taken out a few years ago...

i cried on the phone to my dad after...i thought i was gonna die...thats the only type of surgery i ever had and i was shaking afterwards i was so nervous
roll.gif

my dentist was really handsome too...nice accent...
yeah just turned into a PYT thread.

Originally Posted by maddog345

Is it true that teeth whitening is not good for your teeth?

I once overheard my dentist tell another patient that she uses to much teeth whitener and it left light spots on her teeth

And I love my dentist but I hate her office. Its a hallway with like 6 exam rooms and everyone can hear your business because they dont shut the damn doors

I need to get my wisdom teeth pulled. But they haven't shifted my teeth at all, but my dentist says I need it done soon. I'm just always busy with work and school so I put it off. I had braces for a couple years. I still have a couple baby teeth but I was born without the adult replacements so I really have to take care of them. Otherwise I am good.

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

how uch is teeth whitening? and how white does it get?
Opalescence (peroxide no light) was $300 for an in office visit for an hr. if you have more stains then the difference will be more noticeable. could have bought the in home to make it more white, but I'm not that gung ho on whitening. It was my first time having it done.

Brightsmile (peroxide plus light) is appx $400.

I want to get the Invisilign...anyone using it right now?

Originally Posted by dyyhard

discuss your wisdom teeth, teeth whitening, cavities, braces, treatments, costs...

just got Opalescence teeth whitening(bleaching with peroxide) in office for $300 this morning  http://www.opalescence.com/movies.php. I know there are other options out there --- bright smile, home treatment, white strips, mall treatment(heard this maybe a scam), etc.

Now I instantly depressed bc I can't eat anything that will stain the treatment for the next few days to 2 weeks and on top of that my teeth are supersensitive right now.

I had to get my teeth whitened in the office right away to match my crown on one of my front teeth which was redone(see story below). Also, I drink a lot of coffee so results will probably be better than other people.

Had my permanent knocked out when I was 11 in a school hallway. We were all playing touch football and some kid decided to tackle me and flip me upside down landing on my mouth. Apparently the kid recently arrived in America and did not understand English.
YOU GOT SCAMMED!
I usually buy this kit off ebay for like $20 last 6months and it works like fire!!!!

http://stores.ebay.com/teethwhiteninggel 

Originally Posted by supremewellbeing

Originally Posted by dyyhard

discuss your wisdom teeth, teeth whitening, cavities, braces, treatments, costs...

just got Opalescence teeth whitening(bleaching with peroxide) in office for $300 this morning  http://www.opalescence.com/movies.php. I know there are other options out there --- bright smile, home treatment, white strips, mall treatment(heard this maybe a scam), etc.

Now I instantly depressed bc I can't eat anything that will stain the treatment for the next few days to 2 weeks and on top of that my teeth are supersensitive right now.

I had to get my teeth whitened in the office right away to match my crown on one of my front teeth which was redone(see story below). Also, I drink a lot of coffee so results will probably be better than other people.

Had my permanent knocked out when I was 11 in a school hallway. We were all playing touch football and some kid decided to tackle me and flip me upside down landing on my mouth. Apparently the kid recently arrived in America and did not understand English.
YOU GOT SCAMMED!
I usually buy this kit off ebay for like $20 last 6months and it works like fire!!!!

http://stores.ebay.com/teethwhiteninggel 
No I didn't. I trust my dentist and it was also a time issue.

like i said, I needed to get them whitened right away for my crown fitting to match the color. I'm wearing a temporary and will go back on tuesday. I'm aware that there are cost-effective in-home treatments which work over time. Like you said you've been using them for half a year. I can't walk around wearing a temporary crown which has fallen off when eating for the next 6 months.

Is 200 still the going rate for retainers? I'm fortunate that my teeth are still straight. I tried wearing my old ones for a couple nights but the pain became unbearable.

Originally Posted by af1 1982

You gargle peroxide. Whoptee-doo. Your teeth are nothing special and your "showcase my teeth" smile looks stupid

Originally Posted by 4one5

Is 200 still the going rate for retainers? I'm fortunate that my teeth are still straight. I tried wearing my old ones for a couple nights but the pain became unbearable.

Yep 200-300. Wore my retainer last night for the first time in awhile and it hurt like living hell

Had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled 4 months ago and the left side of mouth is still numb. The doctor keeps telling me that as long as it's not my lower lip that's numb, it'll come back.. 4months already tho! fml

Originally Posted by glasses

You gargle peroxide. Whoptee-doo. Your teeth are nothing special and your "showcase my teeth" smile looks stupid
You mad brah? Sounds like a response from someone who wishes they had that Colgate smile 
laugh.gif
 . It's all good though, I get random compliments at all the time. And you're the one hating so I must be doing something right, right? I'll just keep getting compliments and doing this in the process:
tumblr_llax2rbRRS1qg87cc.gif

i have two almagam fillings . one tooth is barely a tooth its like two walls and the rest is metal almagam the other one on the same side right next to it is smaller but mainly almagam........... i can brush my teeth and i can taste the filling and it doesnt taste good and if i take my meds the the right side where the two big fillings are tastes horrible like fumes. i was going to choose the white fillings , but i have teeth grinding issues and white fillings are delicate once a piece cracks the whole filling will break. what would you nters suggest ? i have no insurance although not free i got these fillings done at ucla by dental students. one option was going to mexico and getting those two practically almagam teeth into crowns. i cant stand this metal nasty breath taste.

I have insurance, so after I get my wisdoms pulled and this one root canal( I supposedly need) I'm looking into invisalign so I'll be at 100%.

What kind of toothpaste do y'all use? I've been on the Colgate Max Fresh for years now. Pretty good and creates lots of suds when brushing. I hate using toothpaste that doesn't make a lot of suds...it feels like you're brushing with cake frosting
sick.gif

colgate.jpg

i use that same toothpaste. but my question is does almagam normally give a metallic breath ? it gets worse on the right side where the fillings are set when i take my add meds.

Originally Posted by Azndood21

Had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled 4 months ago and the left side of mouth is still numb. The doctor keeps telling me that as long as it's not my lower lip that's numb, it'll come back.. 4months already tho! fml

Lmao what?!?!? 4 months??? That's not normal b.. Idc what your doctor says..

Originally Posted by glasses

You mad brah? Sounds like a response from someone who wishes they had that Colgate smile 
laugh.gif
 . It's all good though, I get random compliments at all the time. And you're the one hating so I must be doing something right, right? I'll just keep getting compliments and doing this in the process:
tumblr_llax2rbRRS1qg87cc.gif

Don't listen to glasses.

I'd love to hear about your regimen.

Cant stand my teeth! When I was in the 7th grade i knocked out my front tooth (right) and the dentist that did the root canal, crown, etc on it did a horrible job. The tooth always had a gray tint to it and was very embarrassing. I had it re-done last year and although it is a little better, I can still tell that it isn't the same color and the shape of it doesnt match up to the other tooth as well. My gum line around the front tooth also looks alot different than the tooth that is right next to it. I didn't really recognize these flaws when I first got it because I was so ecstatic that I had it fixed, and now my dentist wont re-do it for me without paying a load of money....I dont even like opening my mouth

pimp.gif

Finally grew up and got my teeth right...did a year and a half of Invisalign, got the Sonicare toothbrush and dentist's whitening followed by regular checkups and now I'm at a point where I love going to the dentist
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by PoloThadon

i have two almagam fillings . one tooth is barely a tooth its like two walls and the rest is metal almagam the other one on the same side right next to it is smaller but mainly almagam........... i can brush my teeth and i can taste the filling and it doesnt taste good and if i take my meds the the right side where the two big fillings are tastes horrible like fumes. i was going to choose the white fillings , but i have teeth grinding issues and white fillings are delicate once a piece cracks the whole filling will break. what would you nters suggest ? i have no insurance although not free i got these fillings done at ucla by dental students. one option was going to mexico and getting those two practically almagam teeth into crowns. i cant stand this metal nasty breath taste.

tasting metal on a daily basis must not fit well with the way you feel everyday...save up and go to Mexico if you cant afford the visit here.

Back
Top Bottom