*| | Denim _ School | |*

either something like this or a finecreek leather is on my radar for future winter

Not this season tho , haven’t even been outside like that

I was just looking at Iron Heart jeans and for one of them it says:
  • This denim has not gone through a post weave skewing process, so you will get leg twist with wear
What does that mean? 19oz left hand twill if that matters.

so leg twist is when the material in the leg skews over time from wear
Basically the selvedge ID Thats in the outer side of the leg eventually will twist towards the front

essentially the side seem starts to peek from the side towards the front too

some people hate it
Some people love it
It’s like holes and fades.. it’s very specifically a YOU thing

Edit : link https://www.heddels.com/2014/05/brief-guide-raw-denim-leg-twist/

Last edited:
These Orslow 107s just came in the mail are perfect for daily wear with sneakers. They’ll be my go tos and I’ll save the 105s for wear with boots and larger shirts/jackets. Probably gonna taper them a bit too.

either something like this or a finecreek leather is on my radar for future winter

Not this season tho , haven’t even been outside like that

that jacket is tough.
I can’t really pull off leathers but fine creek makes some phenomenal stuff

sugarcane flannel and sugarcane denim today.. had the jeans just about a year .. wear em about once a week
only soaked em cold once ..

The jean cut is based from the original Levi Strauss classic 1947 XX 501 but they have been given a contemporary revision in cut: the front and back rises are lowered, the legs tapered and narrowed even more than the Type II 1947 style, and the seat taken in, creating a slim appearance from the knee down, though they are not in any way a pencil-leg jean style
1F80C937-7209-463A-86E5-A098989A9A4A.jpeg

WHATS FOR LUNCH?

KingJames, sugar cane released a slim tapered version of the 47 if you’re looking for that. The cut is the 2021 and Self Edge is carrying it. I heard the fit is similar to the Resolute 710 which I’ve worn in the past and the fit is perfect...

Lmk how u like these. I'm prolly a Grim Tim for life guy but it took me a while to even give up on the lean dean.
I'll be sticking with Grim Tims. These are too loose/wide for my liking although enjoying having the option of a looser pair. Got a fresh pair of Grim Tims once I decide to retire my worn pair.

was like 19° this weekend went upstate rode some horses and layered the **** up
Unseen layers are ONI type 3 denim jacket blacked out and that weird J.crew Rogers Pete x Warehouse wool shirt I don’t really have much info on but is mad comfy / warm
The hoodie is a 3sixteeen X selfedge collab bandana is a momotaro x blue owl collab that came with some jeans
Watch cap is buzz Ricksons William Gibson
Barbour Ashby coat
801-N blueingreen jeans
Barn cat doing his thing 🐈
5345A5A6-3628-4A95-A6CF-2E145B76DAE2.jpeg

Do y’all have issues with the buttons on your fly breaking with the higher end brands? Had two buttons break on some Gap Selvedge and was just wondering if this was common.

I was able to find some replacements on Amazon for hella cheap, so I’m good for when my other ones break, though.

I’ve never had it happen to me but I’ve seen it happen to others, most top end brands would send a replacement button or fix it for you.

Do y’all have issues with the buttons on your fly breaking with the higher end brands? Had two buttons break on some Gap Selvedge and was just wondering if this was common.

I was able to find some replacements on Amazon for hella cheap, so I’m good for when my other ones break, though.

never. Not Even on my old Uniqlo selvedge from way back when

Thanks. I guess that shows why I was able to get those Gap ones for so cheap. 😂😂😂

But the new buttons I bought won’t break since they have two pieces and one screws into the other. The original Gap ones have this little hook thing with a very thin piece of metal that connects the button to the denim.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom