*| | Denim _ School | |*

Does anyone know if Orslow restocks past washes/cuts of their denim? I just got put onto them from the Polo thread and had an unfortunate experience.

Purchased a pair of 2 year wash 105s online from a store in NYC. They were the last pair of size 4's I could find, and on sale for 100 bucks off (but final sale... non returnable). I gambled anyway, and was stoked on them when they arrived because they are pretty much the exact jeans I was hunting for. But the sizing chart said size 4=36.5" waist. My waist is 35". These joints are a good 1.5" from being able to button when they should be a little big. Not even close. Debating whether to throw them on Grailed and wait for a restock to buy a size 5 or to just start hitting the treadmill meow. My 34" Shockoe's fit better than these.

Do you know your waste is a 35 cuz you measured it or cuz you’re going on other jeans you have? If you’re going from LO to Japanese you got some learning to do about vanity sizing vs your actual waste sizing
kenny from md kenny from md

I would double check measurements against a pair that fits you in waist right now and compare. Like guy above said, sizing can vary since some brands vanity size and sometimes the way store measure can be slightly different. I have the 107 fit from orslow and it was pretty spot on for me, actually a bit larger than I anticipated

the good news is that orslow does always restock the 105 fit.
I did a quick google search and Frans Boone has a sz 5 in stock right now.
From their measurements it looks like sz4 is more 34 waist which lines up to your experience in unable to button them.

On topic of IH/Samurai, IH carries a wide range of cuts in different weights. I had jeans, sweatshirt, and flannels from them and have never been disappointed in quality. Samurai I think was much hotter a decade ago. Their 710 cut was very popular and from memory it should be pretty close in fit to orslow 107 or Resolute 710.

Do you know your waste is a 35 cuz you measured it or cuz you’re going on other jeans you have? If you’re going from LO to Japanese you got some learning to do about vanity sizing vs your actual waste sizing
kenny from md kenny from md

Measured it to be double sure haha. I've had MIJ Diors before which I think were my only pair of Japanese denim. Other than that just stuff like Shockoe's, APC, Nudie, etc. Probably my own fault for jumping on a pair that I can't return, but you live and you learn...

I would double check measurements against a pair that fits you in waist right now and compare. Like guy above said, sizing can vary since some brands vanity size and sometimes the way store measure can be slightly different. I have the 107 fit from orslow and it was pretty spot on for me, actually a bit larger than I anticipated

the good news is that orslow does always restock the 105 fit.
I did a quick google search and Frans Boone has a sz 5 in stock right now.
From their measurements it looks like sz4 is more 34 waist which lines up to your experience in unable to button them.

On topic of IH/Samurai, IH carries a wide range of cuts in different weights. I had jeans, sweatshirt, and flannels from them and have never been disappointed in quality. Samurai I think was much hotter a decade ago. Their 710 cut was very popular and from memory it should be pretty close in fit to orslow 107 or Resolute 710.

Damn, thank you for the recon! I appreciate the heads up and info. I will check them out.

Anyone got a preference for heavier denim? Is it more durable (ie 21oz vs 14oz)? Would I be dying if I wore them in the summer?

I used to wear a lot of IH 21oz and other cuts above 20oz but I honestly can't do it anymore nor am I interested in it. Between 12-16oz is my sweet spot right now since I walk around 10 miles a day.

Thanks again for finding that pair of size 5 105s for me. Somehow I had missed them when searching. Once again, it was the last pair. Just gutted that the size 4s I got were on sale for 221 and I had to spend considerably more to replace them (which I liked them enough to just say screw it and pick them up). Hopefully someone picks up the smaller pair on Grailed.

SUGARCANE FLANNEL THAT RESEMBLES THAT BRAD PITT JAWN CAME IN
TOYO x INDIAN MOTORCYCLES CRAZY BEADED EMBROIDERED AND CHAIN-STITCHED LOOPWHEELED HEAVY T SHIRT
AND SOME 72 YARN IVY :smile: KAPITAL SOCKS
6E3E13FF-C761-489A-8241-19D37D981E29.jpeg
4D5D687E-77A1-4F7F-A4C3-EF6A53A753A6.jpeg

Where to buy some nice belts and how to size on them?

I don't have tape measure at home but my jeans laid flat they are 15 inches. So I am assuming that would mean I am size 28 vanity sizing. So an 80cm belt would do?

Where to buy some nice belts and how to size on them?

I don't have tape measure at home but my jeans laid flat they are 15 inches. So I am assuming that would mean I am size 28 vanity sizing. So an 80cm belt would do?
I ended up going with a corter leather belt last year, and am pretty happy with it for the price. It’s pretty basic, but quality is definitely there.

what’s up fellas... ? been a minute, how’s everyone?

I think I’ll be in the market for some new denim here pretty soon. I’ve been wearing some 3sixteen st-100s for a little over 2 years now (most cases 1-2 wears a week, so they don’t have TOO much wear). Looking for something heavier, preferably 16oz +, trying to stay under the $300 price point. Kinda been looking (but not limited to) at some oni, railcar, or Japan blue... any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

Pretty happy with the fit on the 3sixteens. I don’t really want to go too far either way on fit from what those are. Pretty much looking for a slim (not skinny) fit with some taper.

I think Japan blue has a lot of those straight tapered/slim tapered cuts, I would look there. As I previously mentioned, I would always recommend going to a store in-person but you could always just use your 3sixteen measurements and go from there.

What are your guys thoughts on momotaro? I’ve seen/heard a lot about em over the years, and found a decent priced 15.7 oz pair I’m considering.

for reference, I’m looking on blue owl, as they offer free chain stitch, free shipping, and if I remember correctly, no tax.

also, not many places in my immediate area to go in a try pairs on. I’m basing sizing on measurements of my 3sixteens on the website.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom