*| | Denim _ School | |*

In addition to not wanting to work with dirty denim, washing denim also helps to maintain the fabric and usually results in fewer blowouts.

It's a courtesy -- they can gauge how to repair the denim post-wash.

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought the days of trying to never wash your jeans was over. Wear them a lot and wash when it's needed.

Yeah, I thought the days of trying to never wash your jeans was over. Wear them a lot and wash when it's needed.
In the past I usually did the full year. Now with this new pair of APC PNS, I plan on at least soaking them as needed and then washing probably at 6 months. 

Anyone familiar with Frame denim? Ordered a pair from Mr. Porter sale for $50 and they are coming in today. They look good from the pics.

Last edited:
So I'm most probably going to get a new pear of denim. This will be my 4th pair of raw. As both my N&F and APC are showing crotch blowouts. I have another pear of N&F but they are Arctic Gray so they don't really get much wear as my other denim.

I never washed any of my denim. I feel as if when I wear them out in the rain, it's a good enough wash for me. I did trying the freezing method a couple of times. My N&F is due for its first wash in about two years as I can finally smell the stench which isn't so bad.

I'm not trying to drop a lot so I've been searching on Grailed for a solid come up. Been eyeing some Momotaro about two sizes down. I only sized down one with my APC and they stretched way too much for my liking. If I ever do purchase another pear of APC definitely will size down two. My N&F I sized down only one as well but they fit perfect after the initially stretching.

I also found some John Elliot denim but not sure if they are raw as I'm not familiar with JE denim. Found them for about half retail price on Grailed. Debating if I should make the move or spend and upwards of another 100 and grab some Momotaro.

Decisions, decisions.

the fact that you don't wash your denim could be the reason you keep getting crotch blowouts. washing helps tighten up the fabric to keep it strong. if you want your next pair to last i'd wash them every once in a while

I thought folks were done with the BS methods like freezing their denim?

laugh.gif

Crotch blowouts = denim is too tight + too much wear + not enough washing to strengthen the fabric

Don't baby your jeans

Last edited:
So I'm most probably going to get a new pear of denim. This will be my 4th pair of raw. As both my N&F and APC are showing crotch blowouts. I have another pear of N&F but they are Arctic Gray so they don't really get much wear as my other denim.

I never washed any of my denim. I feel as if when I wear them out in the rain, it's a good enough wash for me. I did trying the freezing method a couple of times. My N&F is due for its first wash in about two years as I can finally smell the stench which isn't so bad.

I'm not trying to drop a lot so I've been searching on Grailed for a solid come up. Been eyeing some Momotaro about two sizes down. I only sized down one with my APC and they stretched way too much for my liking. If I ever do purchase another pear of APC definitely will size down two. My N&F I sized down only one as well but they fit perfect after the initially stretching.

I also found some John Elliot denim but not sure if they are raw as I'm not familiar with JE denim. Found them for about half retail price on Grailed. Debating if I should make the move or spend and upwards of another 100 and grab some Momotaro.

Decisions, decisions.

Iron Heart

Anybody have reccomebdations on some good raw selvedge for dudes that don't skip leg day? My waist is small but my thighs and mass are growing from gym gains. I have a pair of big John jeans and they were one of the best fit I've tried on but now they're getting too tight in the thighs. Reps will be given

Anybody have reccomebdations on some good raw selvedge for dudes that don't skip leg day? My waist is small but my thighs and mass are growing from gym gains. I have a pair of big John jeans and they were one of the best fit I've tried on but now they're getting too tight in the thighs. Reps will be given

Rogue Territory's new Stryder fit
Unbranded's new tapered fit with bigger top
Left Field's bigger thigh, tapered leg

it's tough finding decent fitting denim when you don't skip leg day. Like I tell everyone, the odds of finding the perfect fitting denim off a rack are slim to none. Find something you like that fits you decent in the waist and thighs and get it tapered from the knee down. It'll save you a lot of time and trouble

I've basically given up on raw denim. Gains are too damn real and even after I cut, my legs are forever changed.

I swear on American Eagle flex denim. Y'all need to try it for the low low of $20.

it's tough finding decent fitting denim when you don't skip leg day. Like I tell everyone, the odds of finding the perfect fitting denim off a rack are slim to none. Find something you like that fits you decent in the waist and thighs and get it tapered from the knee down. It'll save you a lot of time and trouble

Yea I'm perfectly fine doing that. I just need some jeans that fit good in the thighs and mass without having to get a size 38 waist pair :lol: (my measured waist is 33-34)

I've basically given up on raw denim. Gains are too damn real and even after I cut, my legs are forever changed.

I swear on American Eagle flex denim. Y'all need to try it for the low low of $20.

yeah, i'm getting to that point. i've gone through two pairs in a year and the ones i have now are starting to get a little tight even though i sized up. I think after this pair i'm gonna stick to cheap denim for a while. love these Onis though, fades are coming along nicely

Never considered American Eagle. I'll give it a try for

Never considered American Eagle. I'll give it a try for

Yeah, I owned one pair of ae jeans years ago and the denim was flimsy. I just need more companies to make slim fit tapered jeans. Still mad uniqlo doesn't have tapered anymore.

J brand are starting to ruin their denim. They are using cheaper materials, stopped offering a nice black jean, quality control is a joke. 3x the price of uniqlo denim, yet they are comparable now. :smh:

I'm been looking for jeans that fit properly for what seems like a long time now. I've never been one to spend a lot on denim, especially at the moment since I can't seem to find the right fit. The only jeans I own are some J.Crew 770's and some GAP slim stretch and while the latter are much more comfortable for my larger thighs and calves I still experience the pooling/bunching at the knees. Is my only option buying straight fit jeans and have them tapered towards the bottom or is this typically something a tailor can fix. Can't seem to find jeans that I don't have this problem with.

GAP Slim Stretch

Back
Top Bottom