*| | Denim _ School | |*

Where can you find $120 APCs? I haven't seen any under $185ish in recent years. I bought APC NS for $120 after a $20 discount code from context clothing in 2008. Not that I'm looking for APCs, that **** is overpriced, but the fit is nice.
Try Nordstrom rack. They had multiple colors in the steady Eddie for $80.
I think this is a good deal. Can anyone else confirm?

Fosho, thanks, but those are Nudie. I'm probably not going to buy a pair of APCs or Nudies though. I have some s710xx's that needs repairing and Momotaro 0605-50s that might be washed in the next couple months. I just bought some Unbranded samples (UB-288) that I'm working on atm. Nudie fades aren't all that impressive to me and quality is whatevas, $80 isn't too bad though. My ideal leg opening is probably 7.25. 7 inch leg opening doesn't quite fit over my sneakers as I don't cuff/hem and only stack. 7.5 inch leg opening just droops/drags under my feet after a wash, might need to restarch the stacked areas after my next wash.

@NEWGODFLOW  like years ago or earlier this year? I think APCs got better after they upgraded to Kaihara denim sometime after 2009 I think? They are still prone to blowouts for various reasons though...Mine have a somewhat Frankenstein look to them. Back when I got them repaired I didn't know about darning and I doubt the people doing repairs (Self Edge) could have darned it.

Last edited:
Yeah it was over a year a go I got my APCs... I love mine and the fit is killer but I just don't think they're worth 185 plus tax, especially when Denimio has great denim for that price.

Pulled the trigger on acne studios but I think I'm gonna cancel. Should have tried on a pair before actually buying :lol:

Which fit did you buy? What type of style were you looking for? Ace is skinny, Max is slim/skinny but that is all depending on body type

Last edited:
APC is one of the few more elite brands i haven't seen at my store yet. Once something comes through and i pay my nordstrom card down after all the holiday gifts i'll snatch a pair up.

Which fit did you buy? What type of style were you looking for? Ace is skinny, Max is slim/skinny but that is all depending on body type

I'm looking for a slim/skinny joint. Browsing the website on pc vs mobile is different because on pc when you hover over the model it tells you what fit they are. Thing was I placed the order on my phone. I ordered the thin stay cash. Lookin at pics if looked great but was afraid it wouldn't fit the way I want it to. They did cancel my order so I'm good. Now just got to hit up the L.A location and try on a pair. I'll keep the max model in mind. Thanks mane.

What fit do you guys recommend for unbranded ? And do they do alterations when ordering ?
I got the 101 and they fit perfect. Tight as hell when I first got them but they fit perfect now. 

Get them from Nordstrom. They offer free hemming in store on a new pair of jeans. 

Cheapest place to purchase acne?

Doesn't really exist. Once in awhile you will find a certain fit or wash on sale, but they don't have deep discounts. Its funny I used to get them for $100-150 back in 2009-11, now I'm lucky if I find them for $170.

I'm looking for a slim/skinny joint. Browsing the website on pc vs mobile is different because on pc when you hover over the model it tells you what fit they are. Thing was I placed the order on my phone. I ordered the thin stay cash. Lookin at pics if looked great but was afraid it wouldn't fit the way I want it to. They did cancel my order so I'm good. Now just got to hit up the L.A location and try on a pair. I'll keep the max model in mind. Thanks mane.

Thin is their skinniest fit. Nothing slim about them. I suggest going to the store in LA. In fact, I got to stop by there on Thursday to see if I can fit into Ace. Max fit is getting a little to loose for me and I've recently been into the bespoke style jean.

anyone soak their selvedge denim before wear? just got a crotch blow out on my nudies, debating soaking my new pair of apcs before i wear em

anyone soak their selvedge denim before wear? just got a crotch blow out on my nudies, debating soaking my new pair of apcs before i wear em
Only soak them before wear if they're unsanforized and APC is sanforized so you don't have to

Last edited:

The secret is to soak or wash before the blow outs occur. You could periodically soak areas (ie. crotch/inner thighs) every couple months to strengthen high stress areas. Heavier denim helps to an extent, I've still gotten a blowout on my samurais, but I got them repaired before the blowout was overwhelming. The type of cut helps as well. My momotaro 0605-50 barely has signs of a blowout at 8ish months. Like newgodflow said, no point in soaking APCs.

Only soak them before wear if they're unsanforized and APC is sanforized so you don't have to

The secret is to soak or wash before the blow outs occur. You could periodically soak areas (ie. crotch/inner thighs) every couple months to strengthen high stress areas. Heavier denim helps to an extent, I've still gotten a blowout on my samurais, but I got them repaired before the blowout was overwhelming. The type of cut helps as well. My momotaro 0605-50 barely has signs of a blowout at 8ish months. Like newgodflow said, no point in soaking APCs.

Don't soak sanforized denim. Just wear them and don't be afraid to wash as needed.
Appreciate it boys, thanks

I've been biking to work in some raw, Japanese denim I got from the Gap not too long ago. The fades are coming in well, however my jeans are starting to reek. I know the Febreze method of drowning the problem areas with Febreze them letting them air dry but this seems like a short term solution. How often do you guys soak your denim? Also, do you have any links to the best soak methods?

I've been biking to work in some raw, Japanese denim I got from the Gap not too long ago. The fades are coming in well, however my jeans are starting to reek. I know the Febreze method of drowning the problem areas with Febreze them letting them air dry but this seems like a short term solution. How often do you guys soak your denim? Also, do you have any links to the best soak methods?

Turn them inside out and throw them in the tub for an hour with some Woollite Dark and you're gucci. I wash mine whenever I think they need a wash, which is usually every 3-6 months, sometimes less.

if they stink wash em.

finally pulled the trigger on a par of Oni 512XX from Blue in Green. Was trying to wait for Denimio to restock but couldn't hold out :lol: Plus I like the lack of a pocket design and that they're 16.5 oz. Should be here Saturday, I'll post some pics when they come in

Last edited:
If your jeans stink, wash them.

Turn them inside out and throw them in the tub for an hour with some Woollite Dark and you're gucci. I wash mine whenever I think they need a wash, which is usually every 3-6 months, sometimes less.
Yea, I'll have to soak them ASAP. I just see some people post fades after a few years of wear with a caption like 'one wash, 2 soaks.' Bruh, how??? 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom