*| | Denim _ School | |*

I'm looking to try out some "skinnier" jeans, but I have no idea how it'll work for me; I'm 6'3", 225, with HUGE legs.

I'm not trying to get any nut-hugging stuff, just something a little thinner that doesn't cover the kicks. I know I could just tuck the bottoms in, buteven then it looks ******ed because of the largeness of the opening (I wear boot cuts).

So, uh, any suggestions? Maybe just a straight fit?

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

kiyab---- I wear a 31 in Nudies Grim Tim Raw Organic.....What size should I get in FH3001? The Nudies were
originally tight in the legs but have stretched out perfectly. Looking for that same fit. Not too tight, not too wide.
I would get a size 33 in the 3001, if you've got a bit of room in the waist do a one hour hot soak then let them air dry for a day or two andyou'll be fine. If you want a super slim look go for the size 32.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I'm looking to try out some "skinnier" jeans, but I have no idea how it'll work for me; I'm 6'3", 225, with HUGE legs.

I'm not trying to get any nut-hugging stuff, just something a little thinner that doesn't cover the kicks. I know I could just tuck the bottoms in, but even then it looks ******ed because of the largeness of the opening (I wear boot cuts).

So, uh, any suggestions? Maybe just a straight fit?
I think some of the later year repro cuts might work really well for you. They've got some room up top but taper down a bit to a smaller legopening and look great in larger sizes. Check out the 1966 from LVC or Sugar Cane...http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=195

Originally Posted by bmkten

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

Originally Posted by kiyab

There is some serious misinformation on this page... I've responded to too many questions to correct each one right now.
The $+%% about APC denim not fading, STFs being "pseudo-raw", etc...

apc doesn't fade well, this is obvious when compared to nudies (and other heavy denim brands like IH).
i called stf's "pseudo raw" because it's just a cheap version of raw, it doesn't fade as well as most people on here would think. everyone's comparing higher end denim fade photographs with questions like "how can i get this with my stf's?" while the answer is "if you wear your stf's biking 5 hours a day for a year."

no misinformation, just speaking from a different context.

Levi STFs don't fade like nudies, but they fade. I wore these STFs for about 6 months. The fades weren't terrible, better than expected.

mhrjmr.jpg

2nui1d0.jpg

Ive been wearing a pair of APC new standards recently, fades are noticeably crisper/quicker.

Dude, how did you go about washing those? I have a pair of 501's that I've worn for about 8 months and I'm ready to wash them.

Where can I cop some Nudie TF in dry blue or dry black? looking for a 31/32...

I've been on revolveclothing but still looking around.

Has anyone bought of kitchener?

I'm hearing that WESC jeans fit like 501's but how do 501's fit compared to 559's?

And do WESC jeans shrink?

I tried to find the answers myself but it's 32pgs to scroll thru

Originally Posted by All Ready

I'm hearing that WESC jeans fit like 501's but how do 501's fit compared to 559's?

And do WESC jeans shrink?

I tried to find the answers myself but it's 32pgs to scroll thru

my wesc standards a a little baggier than 501's. the 501's have a higher rise too and a smaller leg opening. i didn't soak mine so icouldn't tell you if they shrink. i hope they are sanforised...

Originally Posted by I3

Another thing, is the dry color the same as dry stretch? - do they stretch that much? Im a 30, but looking to go for a 32.

Originally Posted by brian to the b

Hey Kiyab. If I wear a 30 in Levi cap E matchstick, should I get a 29 in Straight Sven's? Thanks

Get a size 30 unless you want to be super uncomfortable for a bit while stretching out the size 29. Capital E runs about 2" larger than Nudies do, sogetting the same size as your Levi's would essentiall be like sizing down two sizes.

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Another thing, is the dry color the same as dry stretch? - do they stretch that much? Im a 30, but looking to go for a 32.

Dry and Dry Stretch are two different things. Dry stretch will be way more comfortable but forget about getting decent fading because the lycra/spandex inthe denim won't allow for a natural looking patina.
We stopped carrying the Thin Finn because when the Grim Tim came out it was so similar but they improved the cut a LOT, it's far more flattering and theyoke isn't as extreme as the TF.
You can check out the GT here...
Grim Tim

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Dry and Dry Stretch are two different things. Dry stretch will be way more comfortable but forget about getting decent fading because the lycra/spandex in the denim won't allow for a natural looking patina.
We stopped carrying the Thin Finn because when the Grim Tim came out it was so similar but they improved the cut a LOT, it's far more flattering and the yoke isn't as extreme as the TF.
Grim Tim
Oh ok I see, so how are the GT compared to the TF? same cut? Im looking for something a little skinny but not too skinny.

i noticed the other day that on levis they fit differently depending on where they're made because i was trying on two different pairs of 505s and one fitand one was a little looser

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Dry and Dry Stretch are two different things. Dry stretch will be way more comfortable but forget about getting decent fading because the lycra/spandex in the denim won't allow for a natural looking patina.
We stopped carrying the Thin Finn because when the Grim Tim came out it was so similar but they improved the cut a LOT, it's far more flattering and the yoke isn't as extreme as the TF.
Grim Tim
Oh ok I see, so how are the GT compared to the TF? same cut? Im looking for something a little skinny but not too skinny.
It's not as extreme as the TF, it's more a just a very slim jean and not as much skin tight like the TF is... Personally i hate the way the TFlooks on pretty much anybody, the skin tight look with the super exaggerated dropped yoke is too much..

im thinkin about gettin a pair of nudies...
1. i wear a 36x32 in levis stf's...wat size should i buy in the nudies?
2. and which nudie fit is straight leg? because im not into skinny jeans
3. and i've seen a discount code for nudies in this thread but cant seem to find it now, anyone have it?

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Grim Tim
It's not as extreme as the TF, it's more a just a very slim jean and not as much skin tight like the TF is... Personally i hate the way the TF looks on pretty much anybody, the skin tight look with the super exaggerated dropped yoke is too much..

Thanks for clearing that up dude, I might just purchase the GT of you this week!

Hey nt i need help verifying these pair of true religions, seeing if they are legit or not. here are the pics. thanks ahead.

ccff_1.JPG
cef1_1.JPG
ce02_1.JPG
cfff_1.JPG

A good place to ask for legit checks on True Religion/Rock and Republic etc... would be www.authenticforum.com

ps: sorry to hear they are fake, hope you get your money back, I knew the tag looked kinda odd

true religions IMO are the worst jeans i hate how over hyped they are for styles that arent even that good

Don't mean to be dissing True Religions here but in all honesty the quality on the fakes might well be far better than the quality on a legit pair.
Just like how the famous Thai 501 selvedge Levi's fakes are insanely nice in quality, and far better than even 99% of the LVC line in terms of constructionand aging..

Back
Top Bottom