*| | Denim _ School | |*

Are you speaking in regards to raw denim? How does ACNE raw denim compare to APC in terms of comfort, durability, and how well/quickly they fade. I'm considering ACNE for my next pair of raw denim. I recently bought a pair of Ace Ups in black and the fit was perfect. I liked the fit so much that I took them to my tailor to use as a sample in making alterations on my 3 year old APC NS. I just told him make them fit as closely to the Ace Ups as possible and to work along the inseam only to preserve the selvedge line. He charged me $40 and did a great job. I hadn't worn the NS in over a year because I've been wearing slimmer pants so it's nice to have them back in the rotation. Pics of Ace Ups I gave him as a sample and the altered NS below:

Ace Ups

NS

So is Cash just the name ACNE gives to its raw denim? Because looking at their website it looks like the different fits they have are Thin, Ace, Max, Town, Roc, and Vega. The way they name their jeans is confusing to me though. I see they have an Ace Cash on their website. My pair is Ace Ups. I'm guessing it's the same fit but just different material.

Repped for writing this much out.

I was not speaking about Acne Raw denim. Cash is their black color jeans available in Ace and Max. IIRC someone asked about black jeans and I mentioned Acne Cash. Sorry I have never purchased Acne Raws before. I'm sure I will eventually once my nudies break in.

Cash is the color. The names of the different fits are the ones you listed. You are correct. Ace Cash and Ace Ups are same fit and different material/colors.

http://us.asos.com/Nudie-Jeans-Orga...yZ2FuaWMtU2xpbS1KaW0tU3RyYWlnaHQtRml0L1Byb2Qv

Contemplating on pulling the trigger on these. Will come out to about $90 shipped after my student discount. I just need a new pair of Raws to work on. My only doubt is that they aren't true Raws and there's really no way to tell except from the picture, which they do look dry. The good thing about Nudie is that they don't have any washes that look Raw but aren't. It's usually a distressed look or completely dry. No grey area.

Repped for writing this much out.

I was not speaking about Acne Raw denim. Cash is their black color jeans available in Ace and Max. IIRC someone asked about black jeans and I mentioned Acne Cash. Sorry I have never purchased Acne Raws before. I'm sure I will eventually once my nudies break in.

Cash is the color. The names of the different fits are the ones you listed. You are correct. Ace Cash and Ace Ups are same fit and different material/colors.

Ok it makes sense now. I think I need to get some Cash. My Ace Ups are a faded black, almost a grey. Even though these jeans are pretty slim they are so light and comfortable. I wore my APC yesterday and they were a little uncomfortable at times with the new alterations. I think it may be because they are old enough where they've been washed a couple times and were pretty much done with the shrinking/stretching out cycle before I went to get the alterations done. So now they are the same fit as the Ace pretty much but don't really have and stretchiness/give since they are 100% cotton. My Ace are 46% Cotton 38% Elastane 16% Polyester which makes them extremely comfortable despite the slimmer fit. Need to get more washes in this style.

http://us.asos.com/Nudie-Jeans-Orga...yZ2FuaWMtU2xpbS1KaW0tU3RyYWlnaHQtRml0L1Byb2Qv

Contemplating on pulling the trigger on these. Will come out to about $90 shipped after my student discount. I just need a new pair of Raws to work on. My only doubt is that they aren't true Raws and there's really no way to tell except from the picture, which they do look dry. The good thing about Nudie is that they don't have any washes that look Raw but aren't. It's usually a distressed look or completely dry. No grey area.
Two things, Nudies are always slow to fade for me, and Slim Jims are low key like bootcut joints on me 
sick.gif

Also, as per your question - I'm pretty sure those are raw. 

Last edited:

Two things, Nudies are always slow to fade for me, and Slim Jims are low key like bootcut joints on me 
sick.gif

Also, as per your question - I'm pretty sure those are raw. 
The thing is, I've been buying tapered/semi-tapered jeans for a while and my legs have been getting bigger from lifting so I think I need to make the switch to just a regular slim straight.

Fading won't be an issue, I literally put my jeans through hell. Life of a college student *sigh.

Thanks for the input fam! Repped.

WELP that time of the year I need a new pair of black jeans, most jeans never last more than a year 1/2 for me :lol:

Don't even like nudies anymore but had to cop those back to black thin Finn. They black denim all they good for.

Don't even like nudies anymore but had to cop those back to black thin Finn. They black denim all they good for.

Some of there light/medium washed denim is also good, but not a fan of the contrast stitched pocket models.

Last edited:
the thing about nudies is that there are so many different cuts and washes that there is almost certainly something for everybody

^Just gimme the lightwash jeans, army pants, and maybe the biker pants. July 17th though? I get paid on the 18th :stoneface:

I like the parka but I already got a green Supreme parka with fur like that.

Are there better pictures of the biker pants anywhere?

Last edited:
Feel like copping the whole collection, more then likely gonna settle for the stonewash denim, bikers, plain and camo T-Shirt. Heard the airport sweater is going to retail at 900 euros or something like that 
frown.gif

The airport sweater will be $340

Bomber jacket, $780
Biker pants, $415
Kanye jeans, $280
Work shirt, $265
Camo T-shirt, $150
Plain T-shirt, $90
Patched sweatshirt, $180
Parka with fur, $2,865
Kanye jeans, $280
Army sweater, $325
Airport sweater (also available in dark navy), $340
Swiss Army parka, $605 (also available with fur, $1,015)
Army pants, $385

Last edited:
The airport sweater will be $340

Bomber jacket, $780
Biker pants, $415
Kanye jeans, $280
Work shirt, $265
Camo T-shirt, $150
Plain T-shirt, $90
Patched sweatshirt, $180
Parka with fur, $2,865
Kanye jeans, $280
Army sweater, $325
Airport sweater (also available in dark navy), $340
Swiss Army parka, $605 (also available with fur, $1,015)
Army pants, $385

All overpriced. I love Kanye, but

Guys, APC is already expensive in the first place if you weren't aware

And why not raise the price? It's not much? Plus they sold like hot cakes last summer

Last edited:
Hmmm, now it's going to be a toss up between the Kanye Jeans and the John Elliott Cast / Coast. About the same price point but I feel like the sizing on the APC is gonna be hard to get right. JE customer service is top notch though. Copped another hoody from them last night :pimp:

Hmmm, now it's going to be a toss up between the Kanye Jeans and the John Elliott Cast / Coast. About the same price point but I feel like the sizing on the APC is gonna be hard to get right. JE customer service is top notch though. Copped another hoody from them last night
pimp.gif
Exactly. But my *** is gonna try again and probably end up disappointed 
ohwell.gif

One person gonna be like "I sized down 4, they fit perfect" and someone else "TTS, they fit perfect" all without posting fit pics :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom