*| | Denim _ School | |*

If it's my first time with raw denim, should I get N+F Weird Guys or New Standards? I've heard that APC quality has slipped as of late, so I don't want to pay $185 for a quick crotch blowout. At the same time, I don't know about N+F's quality either, and I heard that they are very prone to bleeding, which doesn't sound very pleasant at all.

Tips + Suggestions, NT?

APC quality is hit or miss. Some guys get a blowout in a month, but mine are still good after 8 months.

N&F bleed a bit more, but nothing crazy. I'd get the N&F, seeing as how you can get them on sale fairly easily.

Yeah their prices are ridiculous. The raw pair I bought a few years ago is sturdy as hell though. Still trying to break them in.

Is there anyway to lessen denim bleeding? I'm interested in buying raw denim but how bad is bleeding on N&F, APC, or PRPS denim?

Anyone know the "right" way to cut up older jeans?

Is it really just as easy as it sounds, or theres a technique or certain spots to do it.

Last edited:
seandon23 seandon23 I'll comment on some of the brands you mentioned. I actually love the 501 in Levis vintage clothing, they have nice pre washed selvedge denim. for slim jeans imo, a lot of people will critique APC quality compared to Japanese brands in here but I think they have the best fitting jeans, so if fit is important to you go APC.

Nudies I've never been a big fan of and they have so many varying fits/washes, it's so rare for me to find a fit I like in a wash I like and stores will only carry a fraction of them, not greatest quality either.

prps are cool but again have a lot of washes, not sure how many fits I think 2-3 but again if your just looking for raw, APC might be a simpler choice.

RRL makes really nice raw denim but their fits are so cowboy esque I couldn't find one that really fit me right. if you have bigger legs you might have an easier time. the low straight is close to a 501 which I like, but a lot of people like the slim fit, didn't really fit that slim on me tho.

Last edited:
Fit is trash
Fit is amazing. I have the stone wash version and they are :smokin
Wish I copped the indigo version also. They had a full size run and the next day, they were sold out, l

I'm sure I would have liked them more if I went true to size (31), but that would have put the waist at 36" :x . I loved the wash but man that huge waist and skin tight calves did not work for me :lol:

Last edited:
So I know I will get flack for this since I am sure it was answered already but do you guys recommend the unbranded jeans? Or is it almost worth it to get some more name brand ones? I finally got rid of my GAP and other jeans and am left with only one pair and am looking to get some new jeans that aren't too pricey but am willing to spend $150 or so. I got goofed on the Barney's sale on the Naked and Famous jeans but might even buy them at retail if they are decent enough.

Which would be the better brand out of the two.......unbranded or Naked and Famous......or none.

Unbranded is actually made by N&F, its just a lower cost/introductory raw selvedge denim line. I haven't tried them but from what I've read online they hold up pretty well and fade super fast.

Oh.....didn't know that. Was even thinking about getting the 21oz undbranded ones and try to wear through that whole thing. Might not even make it though.

Unbranded is the lower cost brand of Naked & Famous.

Honestly, you're best bet is to search for N&F jeans on sale online. That Barney's deal was messed up, but N&F can usually be found for under retail, and a price not too much higher than UBs. UBs are way tougher to find on sale...

Back
Top Bottom