*| | Denim _ School | |*

[thread="31889"]The PNS from APC leg opening is too narrow for my foot but everything fits fine.  Will the Petit Standard or New cure provide wider openings.  On APC's site, PS has wider openings but NS is narrow too.     Just asking for some opinions.[/thread]
[thread="31889"] [/thread]
[thread="31889"]Any where in the Bay Area (San Jose or San Francisco area) that has good denims in shop to try on??   besides Nordstrom[/thread]
Might want to call and ask if they carry APC.
Barney's SF
Azuki SJ (I used to go here)
The blues jean bar SJ Santana row
Selfedge SF
There might be more but those are the only ones I know of.

[thread="31889"]The PNS from APC leg opening is too narrow for my foot but everything fits fine.  Will the Petit Standard or New cure provide wider openings.  On APC's site, PS has wider openings but NS is narrow too.     Just asking for some opinions.[/thread]
[thread="31889"] [/thread]
[thread="31889"]Any where in the Bay Area (San Jose or San Francisco area) that has good denims in shop to try on??   besides Nordstrom[/thread]

PS have a wider leg opening than the PNS, but not by much.

PNS have a very aggressive taper. Once they break in the stacks look great

Any good light wash selvedged denim? APC, Nudie, N&F?

Looking for something that fits like PNS but will be good for summer 

Might want to call and ask if they carry APC.
Barney's SF
Azuki SJ (I used to go here)
The blues jean bar SJ Santana row
Selfedge SF
There might be more but those are the only ones I know of.
thx, repped all.  Went to blue jean bar..  don't carry APCs and have 1 pair my size.  But it's all good I got PS in my size across the street in Nordstrom and they're getting tailored.

PS are clearly wider at the leg opening slightly and as others have mentioned already, they fit the best, more room to move.   I have wide feet 4E in NB, Asics, and 2E in Brooks so leg openings and a slim build was the main things for me to look for.

Last edited:
Any good light wash selvedged denim? APC, Nudie, N&F?

Looking for something that fits like PNS but will be good for summer 

John Elliot has some nice light washes. Also All Saints has some good looking stuff, not sure if they're selvedge though.

J. Crew also has selvedge light wash as well. Not the brands you posted, but some decent fitting alternatives to look into.

Last edited:

I'm guessing nobody messes with Levi's? :rofl:

I feel as if Levi's are such a staple and everyday jean that people wanna go explore different options just because.

I still cant get over the UglyBros bikers I grabbed. Functional as you can actually put knee pads in the knee part, and the ribbing stretches so its SUPER comfortable. theres ribbing on the knee and upper part of the butt under the belt line.

balman right?

Hey NT bros

I'm looking to step up next tier on my raw denim. Currently i've had Levi 501s since last May with just a presoak and I plan on doing a beach wash like in June or July.

Now I want to buy another pair of raw denim and spend a bit more since its not my first pair. I tapered my 501s (a bit too much, so they only look good with converse or toms, not bulky shoes or boots) since I'm a slim guy. So for my next pair I'd still like a slim or tapered pair already without having to do alterations but also be able to wear them with boots like timberlands or red wings (as much as that may contradict ideas)

My budget is 150 but willing to go up to 200 if its worth it. Heard good things about APCs (180 for a quick blown crotch doesnt sound appealing) and PRPS but I'm unsure on what fits. Any other brands you guys recommend? I live in SF so there is Self Edge but their jeans are out my student budget.

Thanks guys

N+F has always been a little too gimmicky for me but I respect it a little more after seeing that video. They're doing cool stuff.

If it's my first time with raw denim, should I get N+F Weird Guys or New Standards? I've heard that APC quality has slipped as of late, so I don't want to pay $185 for a quick crotch blowout. At the same time, I don't know about N+F's quality either, and I heard that they are very prone to bleeding, which doesn't sound very pleasant at all.

Tips + Suggestions, NT?

Back
Top Bottom