*| | Denim _ School | |*

Ready for a new pair after 5 5 years of my a.p.c's. they don't even fit anymore. Want to try a new brand but apc said they would honor the 50% off deal for my old pair...

not willing to make a $200+ investment on denim right now

Simple as this, avoid APC and NUDIE Jeans. Start with 3sixteen or N&F and you'll be good money.

And Nudie is crap even for the sale price.

Can someone tell me if I should size up on Nudies. Will they shrink in the washer/dryer? Don't care to wash jeans only once a year and preserve them like ancient artifacts. Let me know if and by how much I can size up.

I don't understand the 2nd line, you DO want to wash them regularly? If so stick true to size and hang dry. If not and want more defined atari(aka fadez) size down 1

Simple as this, avoid APC and NUDIE Jeans. Start with 3sixteen or N&F and you'll be good money.

APC's are cool man. N&F are even better and 3Sixteens are best as far as entry level goes. I'd even venture as far as to say that you can plug Unbrandeds into the best entry level denim. Especially for the price.

I agree with the Nudies though, they are crazy overpriced. I still like them, but would never pay full price.

My problem with UB is the fade quality, it takes entirely too long to break in and get good wear and the fading quality is inconsistent, for every 5 worn in pair i've seen 1 good one.

My issue with APC is i'd pay the extra $20-30 for a pair of 3sixteen's. APC's construction leaves much to be desired and overly stretch.

I already **** with N&F. I also mess with Levi's and I really like LRG jeans. I just wanted to try something new

I don't understand the 2nd line, you DO want to wash them regularly? If so stick true to size and hang dry. If not and want more defined atari(aka fadez) size down 1
Yah I am saying I wash my jeans. People in here talking about washing a pair of jeans once a year. I'm looking at them like

You guys obviously aren't broke if you collect sneakers. I just wash my jeans and replace them as they fade.

APC's are cool man. N&F are even better and 3Sixteens are best as far as entry level goes. I'd even venture as far as to say that you can plug Unbrandeds into the best entry level denim. Especially for the price.

I agree with the Nudies though, they are crazy overpriced. I still like them, but would never pay full price.
Appreciate the info fam, cause I needed a crash course in raw denim cause sometimes I get tried of Levis. So I will look into 3sixteens.

Last edited:
I already **** with N&F. I also mess with Levi's and I really like LRG jeans. I just wanted to try something new
Yah I am saying I wash my jeans. People in here talking about washing a pair of jeans once a year. I'm looking at them like
[ig]http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/321918/[/img]

You guys obviously aren't broke if you collect sneakers. I just wash my jeans and replace them as they fade.

In that case I think you're in the wrong thread, simply because to get the more personalized fade over time you need to extend the wear between washes. My jeans were $400, I'm not too broke to get another pair so that's not why I don't buy more, I actually do buy more lol but to get the desired look you have to give some good wear between washes, not 1 or 2 wears and wash.

I'm also not saying go 12 months in some jungle rott, if the jeans are dirty, wash em. simple as that.

Has anyone ever had the legs of their jeans slimmed?

Got a pair of PRPs from a few years ago I'd like to slim a little, basically from a barracuda to a rambler fit

Here is the stock pic, I removed the paint splatter already

I hope I didn't ruin my APC's. Took them in to make them a little skinny and now they fit extra tight. Hopefully with a few more wears it will break in and loosen up.

Finally found the perfect fit for me. Feels good man.

APC Petit New Standard. This is NOT the "Petit Standard," this is a new fit that is basically in between the fit of the New Standard and the Petit Standard. It has a higher rise, similar to the New Standard, than the Petit, and it has roomier thighs, similar or a bit slimmer than the New Standard but nowhere near as slim as the Petit Standard. The bottom half from the knee down tapers to the same leg opening size as the Petit Standard.

Basically, it has been a beautiful struggle for me with my relationship with APC jeans until now. Spent a lot of money and went through a lot of trouble but finally found the perfect fit (previously bought the New Standards, Petit Standards, and Rescues, and ended up returning or selling all of them)

If you are like me, slim but athletic build (larger thighs than skinny kids), and wanted a slim, but not skinny fitting jean, you probably found the following:

-New Standard- Too loose. Thigh is ok but the taper at the bottom too wide. 

Petit Standard - Slim fit but too tight in the thigh. Athletes tend to have larger thighs. Ever see NBA players wear slim fit jeans (i.e Dwyane Wade and Russell Westbrook, you can see how unflattering the skinny jean is to their atheltic build, especially the thigh area)

Petit New Standard: Finally got it right. Roomier thigh, still slim but not skin tight, and tapered leg. Plus the rise is high similar to the New Standards which I love, I personally am not a fan of the low rise jean. 

If you are like me and have been struggling to find that right fit, look no more, try on these Petit New Standards. 

Here's a link

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=3941

Last edited:
Finally found the perfect fit for me. Feels good man.

APC Petit New Standard. This is NOT the "Petit Standard," this is a new fit that is basically in between the fit of the New Standard and the Petit Standard. It has a higher rise, similar to the New Standard, than the Petit, and it has roomier thighs, similar or a bit slimmer than the New Standard but nowhere near as slim as the Petit Standard. The bottom half from the knee down tapers to the same leg opening size as the Petit Standard.

Basically, it has been a beautiful struggle for me with my relationship with APC jeans until now. Spent a lot of money and went through a lot of trouble but finally found the perfect fit (previously bought the New Standards, Petit Standards, and Rescues, and ended up returning or selling all of them)

If you are like me, slim but athletic build (larger thighs than skinny kids), and wanted a slim, but not skinny fitting jean, you probably found the following:

-New Standard- Too loose. Thigh is ok but the taper at the bottom too wide. 

Petit Standard - Slim fit but too tight in the thigh. Athletes tend to have larger thighs. Ever see NBA players wear slim fit jeans (i.e Dwyane Wade and Russell Westbrook, you can see how unflattering the skinny jean is to their atheltic build, especially the thigh area)

Petit New Standard: Finally got it right. Roomier thigh, still slim but not skin tight, and tapered leg. Plus the rise is high similar to the New Standards which I love, I personally am not a fan of the low rise jean. 

If you are like me and have been struggling to find that right fit, look no more, try on these Petit New Standards. 

Here's a link

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=3941

I've been really excited to try these. Not sure if I should size down 2 like usual though consider the thigh is a bit slimmer than the NS

Has anyone ever had the legs of their jeans slimmed?

Got a pair of PRPs from a few years ago I'd like to slim a little, basically from a barracuda to a rambler fit

Here is the stock pic, I removed the paint splatter already

all the time. well worth it to get that fit you're looking for. it don't cost much.

I've been really excited to try these. Not sure if I should size down 2 like usual though consider the thigh is a bit slimmer than the NS
 I sized down 1 to a 29. I could button all the way up with only light tension, I'd imagine they'd stretch to a 31 and maybe close to a 32, a little loose, but that's my preference. I could have gone with a 28 but I don't really sag my pants (keep them high just under my belly button no homo) so for me the waist won't stretch much.

I'm telling you guys tho, if you want a slim fit pant and you have an athletic build in your legs (muscular thighs) you are going to love these jeans. I would say they are very similar to the Levi's 508's but with a higher rise. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom