*| | Denim _ School | |*

I'm thinking about purchasing a pair. I am a big fan of Cult of Individuality.
Do it, PRPS is known for their great quality.  A step above Nudie and APC, which are known for their crotch blowouts. I'm a month in on mine, I'll post pics this weekend. 

So what is the rule of thumb for buying selvedge denim? I'm hearing "they will shrink, take the next waist and length size up" and "they will stretch, size down 1 or 2." Does it depend on the brand? I live in SF so I can check out Self Edge but would ideally like to buy online since it may have better deals. BTW looking for a slim fit, not skinny.

If they're unsanforized they'll shrink when you wash them. All jeans stretch with wear. How much they shrink/stretch will vary brand to brand.

I am a big fan of Naked and Famous, but I have never owned a pair to comment on quality. I heard it is good though.
this is what is left of Karmaloop's stock. I am not a fan of many of the jeans they put out this season though.

http://www.karmaloop.com/browse?VendorId=3721&Pgroup=1

I don't know what other online stores these can be bought at :/
If someone can help me out that would be cool.

OP I suggest waiting till the next season before ordering from Karmaloop, I'm positive it will be more bomb than what they have now.

Last edited:
Where's that post. bro? lol
lol I'm tired as hell. I'll post some tomorrow in between studying for this exam. They are coming along very nicely, fading awesome. Won't be able to get fit pics though bc I don't have a full length mirror

I have the original release of the N&F indigo/indigo slub. I think the pair from this past season is a bit lighter than the original Barney's exclusive.

Thinking about buying the "rainbow" fades they just release. :lol:

Funny. My girl got me these for v day.

Real curious to how they'll turn out

Any jeans from other brands comparable to Levis 508s? Maybe even a little slimmer?

Last edited:
Denim Surgeon (NYC) has a good groupon deal on denim repairs (crotch blowouts, holes etc). You can also send them in by mail.
you might have to get those stitched up but it might not be as effective as patching them up. i did however find this photo though. google denim crotch blowouts and see what others might've done to fix it.

I'm a big APC and N&F fan. Both hold up extremely well and after a years worth of daily wear look great! With APCs however I would size down 1 or 2 as they fit bigger than most jeans, N &Fs are pretty straight forward.

I'm a big APC and N&F fan. Both hold up extremely well and after a years worth of daily wear look great! With APCs however I would size down 1 or 2 as they fit bigger than most jeans, N &Fs are pretty straight forward.

I think sizing down 2 is a mistake too many people make. Unless you have no @#$ or thighs, I wouldn't recommend it. When I first bought APCs all the forums said to do that, and I ended up with skin tight jeans I couldn't move in even after almost a month of wear :smh: The amount of stretching is exaggerated

and if it matters, I don't wear loose jeans. My New Standards that I sized down one on fit like this after stretching out (although I hemmed/tapered my pair)

If you ask dudes on Superfuture though, they'll say that it's baggy :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Those don't look baggy, but it doesn't really look slim either. You probably just don't have filled out legs, which isn't a big deal. They look great

This man speaks the truth, my thighs on my PS are too tight now - I should have only sized down one :smh:

Dudes on SuFu are so out there, their fits are clean some times but other times they're amusing as hell to look at :lol:

Actually I think the mistake most people make is looking at the tagged size ad not the actual measurements and think that by buying a pair with a tagged size 2 below their usual size they are actually getting a pair that is 2 inches smaller in the waist. MOST APCs except pcs I think measure 2 sizes below the tagged size. A tagged 30 measures at 32. So when you "size down 2" you are actually not sizing down at all.

Actually I think the mistake most people make is looking at the tagged size ad not the actual measurements and think that by buying a pair with a tagged size 2 below their usual size they are actually getting a pair that is 2 inches smaller in the waist. MOST APCs except pcs I think measure 2 sizes below the tagged size. A tagged 30 measures at 32. So when you "size down 2" you are actually not sizing down at all.

That too.

Speaking of APCs...I bought my first pair of APCs in 2008/2009 (forgot which year exactly) for $145...My new pair cost me $180 :smh: :lol: Come on, inflation can't make the price go up THAT much.

The problem is that no one actually knows the real measurements :rofl: All across the net there are discrepancies on the size charts for APCs. I personally find it hilarious, APC sizing is really a process of trial and error more than anything.

Exactly what I meant. But ill be honest I do have some skinny legs but im 5'10 170 and size 32s are butter for me. Side note that pic up there that fit looks fine to me they dont see too tight nor to baggy but just right.

What is the proper way to wash jeans? Not raw denim, just some Levis. Haven't washed em since I bought em. :x :lol:

Back
Top Bottom