*| | Denim _ School | |*

:x Should have tapered from the inseam

took my grim tims to a tailor to get tapered, they tapered from outside but i told them to taper so selvedge remains the same and its perfect.

A good tailor will be able to do this .

lmao at that tailor job! :rofl: I also had the same issue with my jeans as I didn't like the fit from the knee down. I was fairly new to the whole tailoring thing so I didn't know you could do it without damaging the selvedge line. They just removed it so that I don't have the selvedge line anymore. It sucks that I don't have the selvedge line but I got used to it quick. I suggest you do the same cuz that thing is horrid..lol no offense :lol:

RIP
eyes.gif
They would be giving me the value of the jeans right now. They ruined them.

For anyone who wears the Levis 513, how does it fit compared to the 514? Found a pair of waxed 513s that I want to get, but its online only.

anyone know if selfedge will have any % off soon?

from an email I received from Selfedge:

Self Edge Online Store Sale:
Starts 9am(PST) Friday, December 14
Ends 5pm (PST) Monday, December 17
12% off everything in the online store, free shipping worldwide
Coupon Code: KeepDrinking

What are some good jeans to wear with chunkier kicks like barkelys speed turfs etc.
Kind of a broad question to be honest. If they are wider shoes then go with a pair that doesn't have an extreme taper to them.

I just got a pair of Weird Guys from N&F and love them so far besides they are a little uncomfy at first but that will go away with more wears. 

Last edited:
Been commuting by bike for almost a year now but finally got a steal on a pair of levi commuters for $20. Wasn't feeling the plum colorway and they fit a bit tight when I first got em but they grew on me. Kept me dry in the pouring rain recently, we'll see soon if they really don't hold odor.

Last edited:
What are some good jeans to wear with chunkier kicks like barkelys speed turfs etc.
I'd look into some straight slim cut denim. Get the "fitted" look in the thigh and the opening should be enough to fit over basketball kicks. It all depends on the look you're going for and the size of your shoes.

On another note. So I'm a 32 and I picked up a pair of 33 Unbranded Skinnys. I've had them for about a week. They went from uncomfortably tight to they fit but are still kind of tight. Anyone know of any ways to accelerate the stretching process besides just wearing them around the house to break them in? My RRL slims were like this when I first got them, but now they're pretty loose fitting. The Unbranded Skinnys are a heavier denim though so I'm concerned I may not get as much stretching.

Last edited:
Here's an update from when I had my Timberland jeans chain stitched by the denim doctor in Manchester, England. It's a nice job. I washed them yesterday and they look good now - before I washed them they didn't look anything special but they tightened up a little and give that nice ropey effect.

I slightly regret washing them before I had them altered - they probably would have been better if they were brand new and unwashed then washed after. No complaints though - a great service.

Back
Top Bottom