*| | Denim _ School | |*

Idk much about jeans. Majority of my jeans are Rock and Republic and a few pairs of 7ForAllMankind.
I buy those jeans for the comfort of them. But where do those companies stand as far as nudies and apc jeans?

Sup NT, Was wondering if you guys can help me on my APC Denim Situation
So I got a pair of APC New Cures 
eyes.gif
, sized down 3 cause it was a steal , but they fit wayy to tight
sick.gif
, they were only worn about 5-10x(?) by the previous seller 

I know apc denim has a tendency to stretch, but they are "painted" on, any chance that they'll loosen up significantly by wear? i'm a 32 but the denim are 29's; 

Thanks

I'm bout to clean out my closet..i have about 40-50 pairs of levis 514's, 511's, and 501's and plan to rid of them all.

If you could only have 5-8 pieces in your wardrobe, what would you get? $300 max for each pair.

I'm 5'11 225 size 38 x 30

A little more but the APC's are quite a bit less than your price point so that should make up for it. In terms of fit Diors > IMO. I am way more big on fit than fade, durability ect. APC's are far more stylish than nudies imo.

^honestly my g, if you trying the raw denim(as in trying to achieve fades) thing here is piece of advice. never buy the same cut or similar cuts between multiple brands. at least not at the same time. its pointless because youll never put any wear into the denim if you keep switching up, again thats if your look for raws. APC only makes 4 cuts i think, not a good idea to get 3. most people prefer one, maybe 2 of them over the others. since they are the same color no reason to have multiples IMO. RRL is going to give you more looks so if your not going to go the raw denim route thats a good choice as well as dior. dior is just a little on the skinny side for me and price wise for raw denim there are some better choices out there; Skulls, samurai, PBJ, FLATHEAD. but like homie said COMFORT > everything else.

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by kix4kix

^ Diors, a couple pair of A.P.C. and RRL

Flat heads or Iron Hearts
Iron Hearts...I am a recent convert. Picked up a pair of the 301s from Selfedge and  I am absolutely loving them.  My Samurais are going to feel so abandoned.

just bought me these levis online.... hope they look this good on.

I am 5'10 do you guys think 32 lenght works best with skinny or 30 lenght? just wondering

http://sdsualum.u.yuku.com/sdsualum, yup....I worked on my Sugarcanes for a good 2 years or so now, and just put them down, so those will feel abandoned now that I'm workin on my Iron Heart SEXIH07BK's, evo pics of both:

- Sugarcane SC40601
- 24 months, worn months at a time
- 1 cold soak (after 2 weeks worn from new)
- 1 wash (luke-warm water and soaked in same temp for 20 min)

- Iron Heart SEXIH07BK
- 4-6 months, worn weeks at a time
- No soak/wash

Cris.

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

just bought me these levis online.... hope they look this good on.

I am 5'10 do you guys think 32 lenght works best with skinny or 30 lenght? just wondering
I'd go with 32 length. I did because I like the stacking or you could cuff them.

how do you guys keep your denim from getting any smells attached to them? i've been working on a pair of the gap selvedge for a few months and they are starting to smell a little dingy (no wash yet). i spray them with febreeze every few days but its not getting much better.

flip them inside out febreeze and freeze them. then hang them outside to get some fresh air.

Ive been interested on both Nudie Jeans Big Bengt Dry Organic Heavy and APC Rescue Jeans. Id like a nice fit that doesn't hug my legs but not really baggy. Just right, but has an urban look on it since I usually rock Air Max 1s and Jordans. Im 5'9" on the heavier side. How do I size up? Both brands are not available in our country, where do I order online with better prices? Please school me on this. Been wearing Levis straight cut my lifetime.

Crisone: Nice Sugarcanes. Thats the look Id like to get. I know you rock AMs and Js. Help a brother out.

Thanks in advance to y'all denim experts!

Originally Posted by 1Miguel

Ive been interested on both Nudie Jeans Big Bengt Dry Organic Heavy and APC Rescue Jeans. Id like a nice fit that doesn't hug my legs but not really baggy. Just right, but has an urban look on it since I usually rock Air Max 1s and Jordans. Im 5'9" on the heavier side. How do I size up? Both brands are not available in our country, where do I order online with better prices? Please school me on this. Been wearing Levis straight cut my lifetime.

Crisone: Nice Sugarcanes. Thats the look Id like to get. I know you rock AMs and Js. Help a brother out.

Thanks in advance to y'all denim experts!
Cool, I owned a pair of Rescues and just ordered a pair of Big Bengt's from Self Edge yesterday. The rescue's are definitely a straight fit and have a normal wide opening. I normally wear a 38 in jeans so I bought a pair in 36 and they stretched out fine.  The Big bengt's are suppose to be tapered at the bottom, I ordered a 36, hopefully with some wear, they stretch out to my size. Kind of excited since they're my first pair of Nudie's.
Oh yeah, nice Sugar Cane's up there Cris. 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom