Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We had a nice road trip overall. I think we can still make the playoffs. minimize TO's. get healthy. Be thirsty for the W's.

A good road trip would have been 5-2. Choking away that game in Phoenix hurts big time.

They played well for 3 and 1/2 quarters then the game got away from them. The Heat got a lot of lucky breaks today including deflected balls that set up under the basket layups for them. Those accounted for 11 points in total. If the Lakers did a better job at rebounding today, they leave Miami with the win. Pure and simple.

I don't know what purpose Antawn Jamison serves. If he was an old race horse, they would send him to the glue factory. Earl Clark blew two huge plays defensively on that Heat surge. I don't know what you can say about Artest that hasn't been said. He's terrible. For every one play that's good, he'll give you three bad plays.

Why haven't the Lakers explored signing Kenyon Martin for the rest of the season? They have to make a move. They can't make a run the way the lineup is right now.

A good road trip would have been 5-2. Choking away that game in Phoenix hurts big time.

They played well for 3 and 1/2 quarters then the game got away from them. The Heat got a lot of lucky breaks today including deflected balls that set up under the basket layups for them. Those accounted for 11 points in total. If the Lakers did a better job at rebounding today, they leave Miami with the win. Pure and simple.

I don't know what purpose Antawn Jamison serves. If he was an old race horse, they would send him to the glue factory. Earl Clark blew two huge plays defensively on that Heat surge. I don't know what you can say about Artest that hasn't been said. He's terrible. For every one play that's good, he'll give you three bad plays.

Why haven't the Lakers explored signing Kenyon Martin for the rest of the season? They have to make a move. They can't make a run the way the lineup is right now.
There is a reason why no team has gone after Kenyon. Plus Kenyon is just another Artest with less offensive capabilities.

This team need to go on a 8-9 game winning streak if they want to have a realistic shot at making the playoff

There is a reason why no team has gone after Kenyon. Plus Kenyon is just another Artest with less offensive capabilities.
They need someone who can bang in the paint and grab boards. They don't need someone with offensive capabilities. That's not this team's problem. The Heat needed it and addressed it with Chris Andersen.

We lost to a better team. Simple as that.

We stayed in it for 40 minutes then fell apart.

There are gaping holes in this roster
- I won't say big man depth because any team that racked up the injuries that we did wouldn't have any depth either.
- An identity (What is it that we want to do on the floor)
-A starting Small Forward (MWP is a black hole on offense. He is at times a solid defender, but he doesn't bring it all the time especially in big games. See the game against Clips a month ago, see game against Thunder, see today. I think he'd be better served as a backup, but we have no starter then)
- A backup PG (Blake has been alright. But he's not going to cut it. Go back to the summer, I was adamantly against Steve Nash unless we were bringing in a good backup PG. We need someone who can create for others, and play solid defense. Nash can't do it for 30 minutes+ anymore. His optimal play time should be 24-26 minutes to maximize what he has left. We need someone who is on the borderline of starter quality and 6th man.)
- 3point shooting (Nash, Meeks can get it done at 3 point range. Problem is Nash doesn't shoot enough, Meeks barely plays, much to my shigrin. Earl Clark, Kobe are decent from 3, but not enough that you want them living out there)
- Rebounding and defense. This team has a let's watch Dwight mentality. He can't and never has done things alone. We need better help defense, and people hustling out there. Dwight will get you 9 boards a game in his sleep. The other 4 come from having other guys around boxing out.
- People who can do things with the ball. Iso Kobe happens, and has happened because there is nobody who can take the ball and do something with it.

Pretty much there is a hole everywhere in this roster, and the coaching staff as well.

So what Jodie Meeks is short for DWade. He puts up the fight, and he gives you threat from 3. Why wouldn't you play him.

On the bright side, Dwight showed some really good moves down low today. And for the first 3-4 minutes of the 4th kept us in the game, but then we went turnover crazy, and killed us.

Last edited:
When Pau comes back start him with Clark and have MWP come off the bench

Pau comes back at the earliest end of March. At the latest last week of the season.

Then he needs a bit to get back in the swing of things.

To my delight, I hope this is the last year I have to watch him on the Lakers.

Last edited:
the same kenyon that ate up deandre's minutes last year? oh yea i forgot. you werent a clipper fan last year. how would you know?
laugh.gif

What this team needs in all honesty is Josh Smith..

It still reigns true. Sure, him at a max deal is about $4-5 mil too much a year.

But the defense he would bring alongside Dwight & Earl. MWP off the bench. With Kobe playing on his guy, not centerfield would be a serious defensive team.

It would solve the problems we have on defense almost immediately.

How they get him? No idea.

Last edited:
I liked the Kobe/Nash pick & roll a lot. Either Nash got great looks or Kobe caught Chalmers on the switch

I liked the Kobe/Nash pick & roll a lot. Either Nash got great looks or Kobe caught Chalmers on the switch
it was nice the first three quarters but when Miami switched up their defense.. Kobe went on a turnover spree..

Biggest play... Down 89-84. Jamison misses that 3.

It isn't the reason we lost at all.. But had he made that, and we cut the lead to 2.

Earl Clark gets that block on Lebron. Even if we turn it over like we did, and Lebron dunks it, we'd only be down by 4. Instead of 7.

A couple of times we cut it to 5. Then it gets back to 7. Then we fail to score, lead to 9, cut it to 7, we fail to score then the lead was 10.

Last edited:
A three he had no business shooting.

True. Had it been Meeks there..

But nooo D'Antoni has no faith in dude.

Meeks isn't great.. But if you play him, he produces..

Too often, MDA either lets him rot the whole game. Or takes him out because he thinks the moment is too big for him.

Role players will never do anything if you never trust them.. They need to play in the big moments too. Not saying you need to play all bench guys in those moments, but if it calls for them like tonight did... Play them.

Last edited:
Anyone thinks the Lakers will sign Chris Paul next season? Seeing that he did not sign that contract extension with the Clippers?

Back
Top Bottom