Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wish the Lakers could get Henderson...been watching him since Duke and he reminds me a lot of young Frobe

His block tonight though 
smokin.gif

who else thinks Dwight is crying inside bc he wasnt the one posting up on every play at the end of the game the way Kobe was? He probably can care less if we win.

Also Dwight stepped up big on defense later in the game.

Offensively for Dwight-
Still would like them to figure out different looks for him throughout the game...

Whether it be drive and drop (there were a couple of those)... Pick and rolls closer to the basket (problem is we run pick and rolls at the 3point line, and more often than not, we don't use them.. Even when Dwight is committed to the pick as opposed to the quick pick and drop step he does)...

He doesn't deserve 20 shots. But 7 isn't enough either.. Somewhere in the middle is perfect..

And it's not like he's going to shoot 40%. He consistently shoots 57-61% year after year.

Last edited:
caught the end of the game. clarksanity.

this win was a huge confidence builder for anyone not named kobe, dwight, ron, or nash.

who else thinks Dwight is crying inside bc he wasnt the one posting up on every play at the end of the game the way Kobe was? He probably can care less if we win.

The sad thing about it is that he's too stupid to even realize that if he dove to the basket when Kobe post he's gonna get the same looks Earl be getting all game. Either he's too stupid and too busy hating or he's that shook about shooting freethrows but everytime Kobe posted dwight stood on the opposite baseline chilling

Am I the only one not impressed by Kemba?

I'm a bobcats fans and y'all on the outside are overrating him...he might get his numbers but he doesn't make nobody around him better...I'm just pissed we didn't draft Barnes because mkg is a glorified role player...but Jordan loves drafting players who do well in the NCAA tournament

Earl Clark, though.

How did this dude not get any burn? Dude is a baller.

That is because the coaching staff and front office are not good with evaluating talent. Mitch has lucked on with players like Ariza, the dude in phoenix, and clark.

The organization thought Ebanks had more talent and a better future than Clark. Imagine if all those minutes that went to that scrub Morris were for Clark instead. :smh:

Last edited:
Earl Clark, though.

How did this dude not get any burn? Dude is a baller.

That is because the coaching staff and front office are not good with evaluating talent. Mitch has lucked on with players like Ariza, the dude in phoenix, and clark.

The organization thought Ebanks had more talent and a better future than Clark. Imagine if all those minutes that went to that scrub Morris were for Clark instead. :smh:
:lol: at "lucked out".

The sad thing about it is that he's too stupid to even realize that if he dove to the basket when Kobe post he's gonna get the same looks Earl be getting all game. Either he's too stupid and too busy hating or he's that shook about shooting freethrows but everytime Kobe posted dwight stood on the opposite baseline chilling
the truth 

We should be able to give the Heat a better game than the Clippers are doing tonight
We did the first time we got beat by them. Clippers with people coming back ain't no "Show Time" the **** outta here to anyone who thinks the Clippers are better than the Lakers. 
laugh.gif
 Clippers and their record this, Clippers and their record that. 

"Best bench in the league" and still can't win without Chris Paul, gimme a break. 
roll.gif

So Dwight Howard Sr. said he thinks Dwight will re-sign with the Lakers.

But honestly why the hell is he saying anything to the media.. :rofl:

Dwight Howard's father comes to his defense (but would he still be worth risk for Hawks?)

There’s a subject being debated in the front offices of several NBA teams these days, including the Hawks, and it’s not one that’s generally associated with one of the greatest players in the world.

Is Dwight Howard really worth it?

Or should that be: Does Dwight Howard still have it? Or: Does Howard still care? Or: Has Dwight Howard become such a diva that he’s no longer considered the building block for a potential championship?

Howard’s image began to erode in his last seasons in Orlando. His Hamlet act – opting in contractually, but then again vowing to leave in free agency, asking for a trade to Brooklyn, but then ending up being dealt to Los Angeles – was particularly damaging. That marriage has gone so well that the Lakers were blown out by 21 points at Boston the other night, they may miss the playoffs and Kobe Bryant has publicly criticized Howard for complaining too much about shoulder pain and not playing with enough urgency.

Howard fired back: “That’s his opinion” and “He's not a doctor.”

It’s just like the Kardashians, only without the Botox between episodes.

Howard is an Atlanta native. The Hawks will have significant salary-cap space after this season (particularly if Josh Smith is gone). His signing certainly would sell tickets. General manager Danny Ferry approached Orlando about a trade for Howard in June, but the Magic shot it down. (Howard never has publicly expressed interest in playing here, although his father foresees that as a possibility. More on that shortly.)

The bottom line is that Howard’s credibility has taken a major hit, but at least one person believes that’s unfair. Granted, Dwight Howard Sr., his father, can’t be completely objective about his son, but he makes some fair points when he criticizes Bryant for publicly questioning a teammate's toughness and desire. He also said of his son, “In his heart of hearts, I’m still not sure he was really sold on leaving Orlando.”

When asked about the unfolding soap opera in Los Angeles, Dwight Sr. defended his son and criticized both Bryant and Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni.

“I told him before he said it publicly, ‘It’s your career. No person can say what you need to do or not do. You can’t worry about what Kobe or anybody else says,’” the elder Howard said. “Nobody can say what Kobe said -- that’s stepping into another man’s shoes. I understand what Kobe was trying to do, but he went about it the wrong way. He’s trying to win a championship. But Dwight has to tell Kobe, ‘I appreciate your opinion, but that doesn’t matter. We’re two men on this team. We need to be reasonable about this.’”

Dwight Sr. said he believed Bryant was trying to motivate his son, but that the advice was misplaced, adding: “The problem is the coach. (D’Antoni) needs to step in and say, ‘You guys have got to be quiet. We’re trying to secure something here. Dwight is probably looking at the coach, thinking, ‘What are you going to do?’ I promise, if that had been Stan Van Gundy, that wouldn’t have happened. (Howard) wouldn’t have been admonished publicly. I think the coach has a lot to do with who controls Kobe’s mouth right now.”

OK, timeout: Van Gundy actually outed Howard late last season for wanting the coach fired. (Howard succeeded.) But the father is correct about this: A teammate never should openly question another, particularly when it comes to questioning his toughness. Bryant has his own diva tendencies. But he has credibility. He has won five championships and two finals MVP awards, so his words carry some weight.

Howard and his parents speak frequently. “When he spoke up, he asked me what I thought, and I told him I applaud him for standing up for himself,” Dwight Sr. said. “But I still think he needs to have a sit down with the coach and Kobe.”

He believes Howard received some bad advice from representatives last year: “I don’t think he realized some of the things he was being blessed with in Orlando.”

The Lakers’ situation, he said, has worn on Howard.

“L.A. has been like humble pie for him," he said. "When you go from being the man in one city (Orlando) to second or third tier, it takes a toll on you mentally.”

What happens after the season? Howard’s father still thinks the center will re-sign with the Lakers. When asked about Brooklyn, he said, “Oh, I doubt it. That would surprise me.”

What about the Hawks?

“Dwight hasn’t said anything about Atlanta, either. But he likes home. I think he would love to end his career here, even though he hasn’t said that publicly.”

The question: Do the Hawks still want him?
Link

Last edited:
Looks like we met our match in the Bobcats. Back when we were good, we would lose to the Cats now that we're horrible we can beat them.

Give Earl that D12 money.

Back
Top Bottom