Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean, Jeanie and Jim haven't gotten along in years, so this shouldn't surprise anyone.

One point that I brought up when Phil was passed, John Ireland happened to mention yesterday on 710 how there was concern whether Phil might not have been "all in" for the job. He was 50/50 which was a concern given the way how 2011 ended.

1/2 Phil >>> 100% Mike.

#Math

If Phil wasn't 100% into the idea of coaching then there's no discussion to be had. We can't have a coach who isn't travelling with the team or is more concerned about controlling roster decisions than actually dealing with the team he has in front of him. Doesn't make sense.

If Phil wasn't 100% into the idea of coaching then there's no discussion to be had. We can't have a coach who isn't travelling with the team or is more concerned about controlling roster decisions than actually dealing with the team he has in front of him. Doesn't make sense.

The facts that we know are true are that Phil asked for a day because he wanted to sleep on it (people usually do this with big life decisions). The next night he gets a phone call at midnight saying they hired _Antoni. Rambis, Shaw, and Jim Clemons stated that they were contacted by Phil and were willing to join his staff if hired. Those are facts.

Now depending on who you believe Phil was going to accept the job on Monday when the league offices opened and was ready to get down. Phil said salaries and control were not discussed but NBA insiders said that he wanted too much control and too much money.

Now given what we've heard about Phil being shocked and Jeanie not speaking to Jim. Along with the facts about his assistants being contacted I'd tend to side with the story that Jim/Mitch/Jerry (I'm more looking at Jim) duped Phil and it wasn't a matter of "he wasn't all in".

Last edited:
just looking at the polls...wouldnt the lake show have to win basically the rest of the season to be a 50+ win ball team?

d'anphony needs to get run out of town already

such a stubborn, insular and narrow minded POS

fans in la need to voice themselves at games. bring out the jeers, the signs, anything

dude has brought this team to near rock bottom

he ain't even fit for a bathroom attendant role

Explaining the lineup change that elevated Earl Clark to a starting spot over Gasol, D'Antoni told reporters in Chicago: "We got to go small. That's just the way it is. It's after [Gasol] had a great game (with 25 points on 10-for-15 shooting Sunday in Toronto). It's not him. I talked to him and he understands where we have to go and we got to do it."

"We got to go small. That's just the way it is."

Dwight and pau on your team?

Go small

Hahahhahhahahah

This guy is the biggest fraud I've ever seen. Knew it the day I saw him play Shawne Williams on Dwight Howard. We all told you. He doesn't want to win. He wants to win HIS way

Last edited:
yeah he's basically an idiot for that one

like how does anyone take him serious?

what has he accomplished in his last 5-7 years in the league?

someone tell me because i don't understand how people continue to give him a pass for his ridiculous comments and evern more ridiculous moves as a head coach

I mean, Jeanie and Jim haven't gotten along in years, so this shouldn't surprise anyone.
THIS!!

and question why does magic bash the lakers so much? its one thing to be doing your job but he goes out his way to bash them. my pops is a huge laker fan we seem to think magic is still bitter buss didnt give him a big role in ownership and control with the lakers a few years back before magic sold his share

THIS!!

and question why does magic bash the lakers so much? its one thing to be doing your job but he goes out his way to bash them. my pops is a huge laker fan we seem to think magic is still bitter buss didnt give him a big role in ownership and control with the lakers a few years back before magic sold his share

He feels that ownership was wrong to take D'Antoni over Phil. He hasn't dropped that since the hiring happened.

He feels that ownership was wrong to take D'Antoni over Phil. He hasn't dropped that since the hiring happened.
I think its because he merely feels the way we all feel.  Look at all of us, die hard laker fans, bashing the organization becuase we are sad/mad/frustrated/care so (too) much

LAL — Morrow(or Korver)/Walton/Tolliver/Smith

ATL — Miles(or Casspi)/Clark/Thompson

CLE — Ebanks/Gasol

Or do some type of 4-way trade with MIN.

THIS!!

Magic tells it like it is. He's frustrated like us, he wants immediate success. He's not bitter at all, if anything Jerry helped him a lot into becoming an owner. I know he's praised Jerry but I can't say the same about Jim. Magic has publicly criticized Jim Buss constantly and in my opinion Jim isn't very well liked in the organization.

Not really. Her bro publicly embarrassed her hubby. And this is after scrubbing the organization clean of anything related to Phil. Including shaw

Embarrassed? I suppose. Everything you mentioned was business and Jim did what he believed was best regardless of how it's worked out. I don't doubt there relationship wasn't tight to begin with, but if she stopped talking to her brother all because D'Antoni got hired...childish.

Nothing will ever get better until we can get a PG that can hang with the likes of CP3,TP,Russy,Lillard,Lawson,Conley.

That should be priority #1,#2 and #3

3 years in a row we haven't had a PG that can guard a P&R

The game has changed towards elite PGs in transition or in 1/4 1/5 screens :x

Last edited:
I also think Phil and her were told that he could think on it for the weekend. Depends who you believe. So buss deciding to go against that and calling him in the middle of the night isn't a business decision. dantoni wasn't about to get snatched up by another team. He wasn't a hit commodity

But I did mean as a factor. A brick in the wall of tension. The final straw

Back
Top Bottom